Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

whohoo HKS bov is here.. i thought im getting tial but this is a surprise.. getting my peakboost items tomrow, but hopefully todd's too.

Java the oilpan sealant is the part no you have is 00295-00103? just checking if I got the right one.

Now I wonder who's first one here thats gonna get a perfect tune with their turbotoyotas kit.. I like the idea of getting turbotoyotas, we are known to be few, and known to have sexy manifolds
Old 12-07-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NICE! just make sure the flange on your charge pipe heading into tyour throttle boddyis the round one fo the HKS. the greddy has a different flange.
good luck mounting that thing
Old 12-07-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
if it is backwards, just dremel off the nubs and zip tie the sensor in the right way till he sends you the new pipe.
thanks for that phil because that was the only thing holding back my install this weekend. also would you mind if i called you this weekend when im installing for help and so i can vent my frustrations and stuff! haha thanks phil.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
NICE! just make sure the flange on your charge pipe heading into tyour throttle boddyis the round one fo the HKS. the greddy has a different flange.
good luck mounting that thing
yeah so i've heard! haha yeha ace the flage for the hks and the tial bov are different so make sure you have the right one! i havent even received my bov yet!! maybe you have mine you bastard! haha i dont even know how good "vakamon racing" is at tunning but thats probably going to be my tunners till i find someone better.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
whohoo HKS bov is here.. i thought im getting tial but this is a surprise.. getting my peakboost items tomrow, but hopefully todd's too.

Java the oilpan sealant is the part no you have is 00295-00103? just checking if I got the right one.

Now I wonder who's first one here thats gonna get a perfect tune with their turbotoyotas kit.. I like the idea of getting turbotoyotas, we are known to be few, and known to have sexy manifolds
i'll check the part number when i get to the casa.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe it will be me since I will be tuning it myself when it arrives until it is perfected :D hahaha I still need to order it, but Todd and I are still discussing my kit (what my wants are for my car, etc.) look for me to be getting the stage 2 shortly with the *NEW* manifold and gt3076r... and a few other things :D
Old 12-07-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hey ace, also how much did the box weigh for the bov? because the package peak boost is shippign with my missing fans and what not only weighs 6 pounds! seems a little light huh?!?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll help out as much as I can! What time you starting?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i should be starting at hopefully 9ish in the morning here so thats like 12 afternnon for you? either sat or sun.. which is better for you?
Old 12-07-2007, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well...I'm not going to be able to walk you thought the whole install! Remember, i didn't even do mine...Todd did.
But, if you run into a snag, hit me up and and can either tell you what I did, or I can look at my kit and tell you what I see.

I'm assuming you didn't get an install sheet (I didn't) so I'd recommend downloading Dezods install sheet from their tech notes section cause a lot of stuff is similar.

Also, take all the old stuff (manifold, oil pan, intake) off on Friday night so you can spend Saturday putting the new stuff on and Sunday testing stuff out.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah thats my plan as far as sequenc of installation and i've already downloaded the dezod instal and read it like 30 times! haha it appears that the onlt thing it doesnt have is the nstall for the vaccum block and running of the vac lines. thats mainly what ill be inquiring about! thanks phil!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now I wonder who's first one here thats gonna get a perfect tune with their turbotoyotas kit..:
use the whoever zpi map that was.
all you need to adjust is the idle and the lower rpms. i added fuel in some spots and took at some in others.
thatll make an almost perfect tune (for an emanage)right there.
WOT-low 11's
idle-14.5-15.0
partial is usually 13.5-14.5
Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
Now I wonder who's first one here thats gonna get a perfect tune with their turbotoyotas kit..:
all you need to adjust is the idle and the lower rpms. i added fuel in some spots and took at some in others.
WOT-low 11's
idle-14.5-15.0
You already sound like pro man, i dont even know what you're talking about yet..
Looks like our inferior emanage isnt really that hard to tune huh..

Java, yes the package from peakboost is only 6 lbs, i dont think everything is in their like the fans.. but I think you can install the fans later unless you dont have space. And lol you havent received your bov? the bov box is only 2lbs, im pretty sure yours is on the way.. but this things looks mean, it looks like an alien device. And I dont think todd shipped my stuff but Im getting a silver manifold for free..
Old 12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if anybody needs any help with f/ic i can help =)
hmm. good luck on the install! you'll do fine. it's not that hard once you lay eveyrthing out!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yo java, did you get your package? I got mine from peakboost, I have the air filter, 2 slim fans (realy light), gold foil, some couplers, oil drain flange and fitting, some bolts.. total 6 lbs. Java are the oil lines part of todds package coz I havent got mine.. Maybe im getting my package from todd in 2 weeks.

So todd's package contains:
1. Intercooler
2. Intercooler piping
3. Charge pipe
4. dumptube
5. vacum block
6. manifold
7. Oil lines??
8. what else?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
WOT-low 11's
idle-14.5-15.0
You already sound like pro man, i dont even know what you're talking about yet..
Looks like our inferior emanage isnt really that hard to tune huh..

Java, yes the package from peakboost is only 6 lbs, i dont think everything is in their like the fans.. but I think you can install the fans later unless you dont have space. And lol you havent received your bov? the bov box is only 2lbs, im pretty sure yours is on the way.. but this things looks mean, it looks like an alien device. And I dont think todd shipped my stuff but Im getting a silver manifold for free..
your mani is going to be polished? NICE your going to love the gold look
about the tuning its not that hard if you already have a map to play around with and adjust. it would be much harder to make it from scratch
you guys are only going to push 6 lbs? why!!!!??????
8 ftw
Old 12-07-2007, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

I will push 6 lbs before tune.. I requested for 7 psi spring but they sent me 5.8 psi so thats even better.. yea todd told me he can get me a silver setup, i guess thats the same as the polished one but he still have to have it coated on monday so thats gonna be another 2 weeks wait if there is no delay
Old 12-07-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ you misunderstood the 6lbs, its the total weight of the package we are waiting from peakboost.. and I just got it 10 mins ago lol
we didnt mean our boost
Old 12-07-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ola...you got any CELs?
I think I'm gonna have to put the bigger spring in cause apparenlty any boost controller is only able to up the boost 200% over the spring rate. I currently have an 8.7psi spring and a 3.6psi spring (which is in) and have my controller set to 5psi, which may be why it could not hold 8psi.
If I get the 5.8psi spring I can set it for 6 psi and 10 psi. If I get the 7.25 I can have it at 8psi and 10 psi, but if I put the one I have now in, I can only have 8.7psi and 10psi, and I think the lowest setting will be to high if I let my wife drive my car.

I wonder what would happen if I just dropped that 8.7psi spring in
Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that confuzed me

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!