Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
what?! go play oblivbion, that made no sense.

all hose = cheaper for everything hose. even silicone couplers...they were a couple bucks a piece.
if you have to explain the joke, then its not funny.
so u get offline on aim but then ur posting on SL? traitor. what happened to i have to study blah blah mma for 8 yrs
Old 12-12-2007, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My buddy came by my office yesterday and said he is getting a job at "All Hoes" and I was like "WHAT!?"

But yeah, you sound like your all set, java!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

sweet! i just have to hope todds package gets to me before saturday!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i also just got my k&n air filter in the mail, straight from k&n.. weird huh... oh well now all i need is my harness and intake pipe from todd!!! then im all set except i have to find something to hook the fan up to the radiator
Old 12-12-2007, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

summit racing has the mounting hardware for the fans. I had to purchase mina also. NAPPA should also have them. They are aprox. 8 bucks
Old 12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
AEM FTW
where did you get your a-pillar? What brand is it? looks good! I will be going all aem gauges too!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

those are creative compacts A-pillar pods.. check promotiontuning.com
Old 12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aen...guess what!?
Ever since I flashed my F/IC, my tune has been junk. 14.7 all they way until WOT, so basically no partial tuning. so I figured I'd try your tune. As much as I didn't want to loose my stereo settings, I went ahead and disconnected my battery to clear my CEL. I loaded your map and the f#cker would barely run! Idle was bouncing all over the place. I didn't want to deal with it so I loaded my C map, and it's still lean when cruizing and at idle, but in boost, partial and WOT, is perfect, but I'll try my X map when I get home.
What sux, though, is that it blew out the f#cking screen on my stereo! I guess I don't have to worry about redoing my settings since I can't read anything now!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whhhhhhhhhat. why? that sucks *********.

howd it blow the screen? damn, so my map runs good on mine. but on yours it runs absolute crap.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

hmm i wonder how how different is this AEM F/IC from emanage, its has been said its a lot better than emanage but most using this one cant get it tuned right.. were tuners having this kind of problem when emanage just came out?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:17 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do....you want me to work on the C map for you, phil? it shouldn't be that hard

try my map again and let it sit for 10 minutes....if it still bounces take it off. it shouldn't though. maybe it's the amount of airflow compared to mine

ace, the f/ic when you learn to properly use it you can actually tune it the way you want it for sure. it's alot more in dept than emanage.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ace...look up that doc Paul from Dezod wrote compareing the F/IC to the Greddy. The F/IC is not that hard, just different.

Oh, and I think I just blew a fuse on my head unit.

Anyway...when I was messing with the Sue map, I copied the fuel tables from another map, but I guess i could just do the o2 table...I guess that one is just what tricks the 02 sensor, right? It does not actually do anything to the tune? I mean, changeing the 02 table would not change my AFRs, right? I would have to adjust the fuel trip table for that?

Yeah, if you want, AEN, I'd like you to compare the C map with the X map and find something in between the 2 cause the C is lean when out of boost and the X is rich when out of boost. In boost is fine with either.

And yoru probably write about the airflow since i got the 3" and you have my old 2.5" intake pipe. I'll try your map again tomorrow night or so, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up throwing a CEL before it dies!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:55 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, o2 sensor tricks the engine as well

it's set up so the stock ecu doens't inject fuel when i'm in boost...which is monitered by RPM and/or load. so...when you are in partial throttle, or idle the f/ic is essentially not working, the ecu is.

so, we trick hte o2 sensor to trick the engine into putting fuel into those areas where the ecu is controlling the car.

did that make sense? o_O
Old 12-12-2007, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought the 02 map would trick the Ecu into thinking it was reading 14.7 when it is actually reading 12.5 or whatever?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by griff
summit racing has the mounting hardware for the fans. I had to purchase mina also. NAPPA should also have them. They are aprox. 8 bucks
thanks griff! imma go get them today!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:07 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I thought the 02 map would trick the Ecu into thinking it was reading 14.7 when it is actually reading 12.5 or whatever?
maybe. i could be wrong, you know that i'm not an authority in this. but i don't think it would do that.

if it tricked the eco to read 14.7 when we are reading 12.5 then if our afr's were to read 12.5 at idle with my afr gauge, and the o2 sensor map was on 14.7 then i wouldn't waste gas, but i do.

and besides, when i was working on it, if you change the values of hte o2 map, the afr gauge reads the new values in real time.

say...i was at 12.5 idle on hte AFR gauge and i opened up hte map and change the values of 1.01 idle to 3.2 voltage(14.7), then the afr gauge suddenly jumps up to 14.7, the proper stoichiometric air fuel ratio. showing that the f/ic actually cahnges the signal that the ecu gets.

so, i would think it interrupts the signal the ecu gets and goes to the F/IC then the f/ic sends a new signal to the ecu.

........which is also how our systems are wired up, that's why we splice in hte middle not the sides.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, i don't agree iwth the first part because if the ECU THOUGHT it was reading 14.7 but it was ACTULLY at 12.5, that would be cause there was more fuel dumping, which would cause it to waste gas...but your right. since it is in closed loop at idle, the ECU is determining how much fuel is getting out, so the ECU would HAVE to read LEAN in order to justify dumping more fuel to get it ot 12.5

But if you already tested it, changeing the values and seeign the change in AFR, then you must be right. That makes more sense.

It's to bad Paul has given up on this trhead and probably does not read it any more to provide some input on this
Old 12-12-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

todds in georgia.. damn it.. that means i wont get my parts by saturday for install! i guess i can still install with the wrong intake pipe and wait to tune because i wont have my harness... oh well.. nothing has worked out so far so this shouldnt have been any different! haha
Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Well, i don't agree iwth the first part because if the ECU THOUGHT it was reading 14.7 but it was ACTULLY at 12.5, that would be cause there was more fuel dumping, which would cause it to waste gas...but your right. since it is in closed loop at idle, the ECU is determining how much fuel is getting out, so the ECU would HAVE to read LEAN in order to justify dumping more fuel to get it ot 12.5
that's what i said, you just reversed what i said haha
if it tricked the eco to read 14.7 when we are reading 12.5 then if our afr's were to read 12.5 at idle with my afr gauge, and the o2 sensor map was on 14.7 then i wouldn't waste gas, but i do. "
if it tricked the ecu into thinking we were at 14.7 but we were at 12.5 then we wouldn't waste gas because the car woudln't dump extra fuel in to get to 14.7.

plus, if the ecu read 14.7 and we were at 12.5 it would be impossible unless we set the f/ic to dump fuel into the car without connecting to the o2 sensor, which is impossible too.

either way, that's not what we are trying to do! hahah the f/ic isn't tricking anything, but modifying the signal.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:17 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but, again. i could be wrong. this is what i'm making sense of everything.

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!