Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

tweeter - negtiate prices?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tweeter - negtiate prices?

can you haggle the people at tweeters? i still can't justify paying $200 + tax for a box for my 10" sub. yeah. don't ask.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Yeah, you can talk em down a bit. I think the sales people are paid mostly on commision - and they have the ability to give a slight discount. It just depends on how bad they want to make money I guess.

But, in my experience, they don't really take off too much.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he was pushing me real hard. my friend and i are both in sales. we went in and damn... he didn't let me say anything... one thing is when you sell audio equipment. you can't push someone in car sales. my friend was like damn he was pushing hard.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

He was probably pushing because of the commision. That, or he is just a poor sales person. Generally, in sales, you shouldn't be over pushy. You won't get very far.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never dealt with Tweeter, but a good friend of mine just spent over $10,000 with them. He got a new Sony LCD TV, Receiver, DVD Player, universal remote and cables. He had them deliver and set all of it up for him. He paid $500 just for the remote, and he tells me that Tweeter charged him $250 to program it!!! It took the guy all of 5 minutes by connecting it to a laptop with a USB cable. Can you believe that? $250 just to program the remote? That's nuts. Now get this...a few days later, he was having trouble with his cable box/hard disc recorder (supplied by the cable company). When the cable company sent a guy out to check it, he screwed up something in the system settings and he couldn't get a picture. My friend tossed that guy out and called Tweeter. They charged him ANOTHER $137 to come out and reset stuff (10 minute job). The Cable company is getting that bill.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

chris....what kind of box is it? 200 is over the top...we all know that....you interested in workin with eD? You could get it braced, carpeted, flush mounted, with rounded edges for a lot less than that prolly? how big is it supposed to be?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Tweeter does do some good work, but I wouldn't pay that much for an install... or a programming. I would much rather do it myself - even if it means that I have to tear walls out and route wires to make it look like it belongs.

I guess it's a good thing that I have done A LOT of carpentry work huh?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys. I work for Tweeter in Chicago and feel you guys. I give myself sticker shock at times. I am ex Circuit City, so even I have a hard time getting thru the prices. Unfortunatly, it is what it is. Write a letter to the company. Express your views. I ask all the time why we aren't as successful as we should be. I quoted alomst $500 for a Nav install when Circuit does them for half. But I can't change the labor prices! So even I have a hard time with that. I try to sell within reason at my store. I don't push anyone really. I let them decide what they want. I only offer the possibilities. You have ?'s, just PM me. I'll help you out.