Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

UnBelievable!!! SDPD training video on "Modified Vehicl

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol that was one funny vid
Old 03-14-2006, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have to agree tat street racing is the stupidest thing ever and that taging any car with modifications is dumb as, well....a cop.

On my way from work today i almost got pinged by a diesel Ram trying to outrun a minivan....STUPID!

Hell, if you wanna pick on someone, pick on big rig drivers. I get passed by some semis doing 80 or 85 on the highway. Try to stop THAT puppy on a dime!

Alas! I digress. I have to agree that is a stupid video.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder how many "modifications" that cop's motorcycle had...
Old 03-14-2006, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The carb law only applys to vehicles after such and such date manufacturated 1968 or something like that. Im glad i live in bfe just so i dont gotta put up with that crap
Old 03-14-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That made me laugh........being from a past carrer in law enforcement half the guys I worked with had moddified harley's and trucks.. some had fully race prepped Z28's Roushe mustangs, you name it they owned it...
but again that movie made me laugh
Old 03-14-2006, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well, i just watched it again and I have to point out one thing. The are always referring to "illegal" modifications. Many, many mods out there are legal and shouldn't be a problem.

Matter of fact, I went down to Ft Worth this last weekend to a huge car meet in a parking lot. There were all sorts of moda, including a drag spec Eclipse. Cops were there and didn't care.

Move to Texas guys...it's cool out here...LOL
Old 03-14-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yay for Cali!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Look I know street racing is a problem, it would suck if some racer hit my mother, blah, blah, blah.

What a waste of time and effort. Is this really the best way for Cops to spend their time? I mean, if they wanted to stop dangerous driving and racing, why not sit someplace and write 10 speeding tickets in the time it takes to inspect a car for "illegal timing".

What a joke. Just another way for some cop who was picked on in high school to take his authority issues out on someone else.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wibblywobbly
Look I know street racing is a problem, it would suck if some racer hit my mother, blah, blah, blah.

What a waste of time and effort. Is this really the best way for Cops to spend their time? I mean, if they wanted to stop dangerous driving and racing, why not sit someplace and write 10 speeding tickets in the time it takes to inspect a car for "illegal timing".

What a joke. Just another way for some cop who was picked on in high school to take his authority issues out on someone else.
Ha ha, so true, I have been out here in Phoenix, AZ for a couple of months now and the cops out here don't even give me a second look, so much diff. from when I go out to Cali. to visit family, but like someone said before, we(Californians) know the risk involved, but we do it anyways .
Old 03-14-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not woried about the cops really, here in fresno they really dont care usually, unless you are being stupid. And those who act stupid then gererate probable cause......
Old 03-15-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we could and did get hassled in the old days; but as long as you don't pull all the attention to you, it's easier to just pass on by. I've heard so many times the little cars with the fart can mufflers not racing but revving it high just going down the main street-- and then they wonder why when they get pulled over. We all play around sometimes, but if you are foolish enough to do it in busy traffic, in front of everyone.... then don't cry if you get stopped.
Should someone driving a nice ride get hassled cuz it "looks" like a street racer--absolutely not. No one should be pre-judged, but we all pay for the bad deeds done by a few. And i'd guess that if a teen was driving the same car as an older adult--the teen would be first to get pulled over many of the times. Right or wrong, that's how it is.
Guess it was just easier growing up out in the sticks-- few people, and fewer police.... hit the backroads and let her rip.... just you and that damn whitetail deer.. look out!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

That's called Profiling. Use to be racial profiling, now we have Racer Profiling..
Old 03-15-2006, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or "ricer profiling"....
Old 03-15-2006, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I was going to say that at first...lol
Old 03-15-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I can't find this video you are talking about.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

it was removed from the site linked
Old 03-16-2006, 09:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, chalk one up to the morons that weave in and out of traffic for an adrenaline rush and bragging rights, but who decide to kill themselves or a innocent person in the process. I give u a big FU.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

young or old, those are the idiots that should be stopped.... But to target someone driving the right way, who happens to have a nice/modded car.... that ain't right.

Back when we could cruise up here, 20+ years ago on one of our huge cruise nights ( 50k+ peeps on the streets--awesome ) my friend & I were cruzen' in his AMX. Kinda loud, but no different then any other muscle car at the time. We get pulled over, he gets a ticket for illegal pipes. As the ticket was being written, a group of Harleys ( local gang ) pulled around the corner, their bikes just shaking the concrete. When we brought it to the officer's attn that those bikes were FAR louder then the AMX, he looked at us like "what, are you nuts?".....

I guess all you can do is pay the fine, and say "thank you sir, may I have another"....
Old 03-17-2006, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VoLktc
The carb law only applys to vehicles after such and such date manufacturated 1968 or something like that. Im glad i live in bfe just so i dont gotta put up with that crap
It's 1975. In CA, cars '75 or earlier don't have to be inspected or smog-checked, and you can put in whatever engine/mods you'd like. This used to be a "rolling" 25yr old car law (such that each year there was 1 newer year of car that was "exempt"), but it was recently changed to specify only '75 & older.

Originally Posted by Scionara_tC
Move to Texas guys...it's cool out here...LOL
LOL is right, no thanks. Been there, done that, hated it!