Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

US ARMY enlisted.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:24 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by djfooboo
Originally Posted by Higgy
Also LSA anaconda is a resort in Iraq.
I did supply convoys all through Iraq and this was THE place to be. This man speaks truth.

Methinks Nick06TC is a 2T1X1 in the Air Force, like me
Im a 3E2x1, Heavy Equipment operator.
We have been filling army positions for the past few years over in Iraq. Call ILOs.

Yeah anaconda was kick butt. Only spent a week there waiting on repairs, but the pool was freaking insane and the movie theater was great!!!! I truthfully like the OPs and small FOBs over the large COBs. If I am going to be away from my family, I would rather be out doing it, instead of living in paradise!!! ( ihave paradise at home as it is )
Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Higgy
Another resort overseas is the Airforce base in Qatar. Good god, I got stuck there on the way home for R&R and I thought for sure I won some kind of vacation.
Al Udeid has alcohol, wish I would have gotten a chance to go during my deployment.
Yeah thats the one. That place was awesome. They warned all the Airforce girls that there were Army guys on the post and that they should be careful. I was like "wtf, we arent savages going around raping women"
Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:edit:
Old 09-12-2008, 11:56 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by qrymson
remember...OPSEC.
What does that have to do with anything here?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:edit:
Old 09-13-2008, 12:16 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sorry didn't read close enough. i just skimmed thru and saw FOB names. now i see what the thread is.
i guess it's expected from a dumb@ss Army INFANTRY grunt with a GT score of 121 who wanted to fight for his country, not just work for it. good luck at FOB Fatcamp, you POG.
I know you aren't talking to me?!
I never said a bad word about any branch, and stuck up for the other branches. Dont come into a thread and skim and make assumptions about something you know nothing about.

You making your last statement is just as bad as the AF person who made comments about Army and Marines. So you are no better than the person that posted that. Not all AF people are fat and go to cush spots. I may not be an infantry man, so therefor I am a POG, but that doesnt mean I dont go and do the same jobs. Go ask your command what ILO taskings are that the AF is filling. You will be very surprised to see those same convoys your on are mixed with AF personell. And those same towns your in have AF personell around the corner.

POG has the same dereagatory demeanor as someone saying the Army And Marines are idiots. So if you want to come in here almighty about dont talk abotu about your branch, dont talk bad about others career fields. And if you do talk bad about them, understand what they truly do!!!

(Oh I am not only a 3E2x1, heavy equipment operator in the AF, but I am also on Air Assualt (school is with the army) and am waiting on my J coding to go to Airborne School. (yup with the Army as well).)

Everyone would be surprised by what ALL of the branches are doing now adays.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:34 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Why would you just "skim" through a thread and then start attacking people? And then you want to mention OPSEC... There is nothing in this thread that is touching those lines. If you think FOB names are some big secret you are wrong. Those are pretty much city names now-a-days. The locals can tell you all of the FOB names better than most soldiers.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
You making your last statement is just as bad as the AF person who made comments about Army and Marines. So you are no better than the person that posted that. Not all AF people are fat and go to cush spots. I may not be an infantry man, so therefor I am a POG, but that doesnt mean I dont go and do the same jobs. Go ask your command what ILO taskings are that the AF is filling. You will be very surprised to see those same convoys your on are mixed with AF personell. And those same towns your in have AF personell around the corner.
I'm entitled to having an opinion on them based on my experiences with them.

A lot of people don't know about the Air Force Combat Controllers. They're as elite as any of the forces in the US military.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:01 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by xFistsClenchedx

I'm entitled to having an opinion on them based on my experiences with them.

A lot of people don't know about the Air Force Combat Controllers. They're as elite as any of the forces in the US military.
While yes you are entitled, you know as well as I do, with the professions we have, sometimes that opinion is better left unsaid. I am not sure how long you have been in, but in my 9 years, I have learned that there is no end to the argument, army is dumb, marines are bullet catchers, Air Force is a bunch of pansies and navy is a bunch of homosexuals. None of these can be proven for or against because they are all personal opinion.

What can be argued is the nature of our jobs, and if that supports an opinion, so be it. But to come off with a statement that the Marines and Army are dumb, is classifying, what. 900,000 people? That is called a stereotype, and is not in accordance with the nature of the Air Forces beliefs, core values, or general discipline of the military. Therefor, while it is your opinion, it is counter productive to the couase of the Department of Defense.

end rant/
Old 09-13-2008, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn dirt dogs, forgot they went to Missouri too.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:55 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Damn dirt dogs, forgot they went to Missouri too.
Birt Boyz!!!!

Your V Ops?

Where are you stationed?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:38 AM
SL Member

lil will how does the army do the commissioning of there warrants I've heard different things from different people but most say you get commissioned when you make W-2.

This whole branch bashing junk needs to stop asap. Every branch has there highs and lows and there is no way of avoiding it.

To the OP definitely check your contract I can see you getting E-4 once you complete your school. But E-5 I don't see you getting with out at least taking the exam and what not like everyone else has to.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Exam is possible and i knwo i will be ready for it, contract says from day 1 i will be E-4, checked it many many times, and askied counselor 2 or 3 times to make sure.

Ohh by the way , i think that my MOS training in Florida will be on some AF base.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Exam is possible and i knwo i will be ready for it, contract says from day 1 i will be E-4, checked it many many times, and askied counselor 2 or 3 times to make sure.

Ohh by the way , i think that my MOS training in Florida will be on some AF base.
You may end up at Macdill where I was stationed. That's where Central Command is so that would make sense.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:19 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Russian is taught at the Defense Language institute in Moterey California.
I dont know about for new enlistes. But I had a budy become a linguist for Russian and that is where he went.
Its the main place for training for foreign languages. But I am not sure if ALL go there. Google it, I am sure something will pop up.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:19 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by nuke
lil will how does the army do the commissioning of there warrants I've heard different things from different people but most say you get commissioned when you make W-2.
That is correct, you are not commissioned until you hit CW2 which is two years from the day you pin on WO1.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:03 PM
SL Member

You wouldn't happen to know any body who did blue to green would you? I'm just trying to figure out what options I have open to me. I still have a good amount of time left on my contract though so I'm not really in a time crunch just want to find as much info as possible and talk to as many people as possible. I'm a MMN so I can always go work at a power plant or something.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry didn't read close enough. i just skimmed thru and saw FOB names. now i see what the thread is.
i guess it's expected from a dumb@ss Army INFANTRY grunt with a GT score of 121 who wanted to fight for his country, not just work for it. good luck at FOB Fatcamp, you POG.
Please tell me you are airborne. If you want to play the mos elitist game I can go ahead and say there is nothing worse than an infantry grunt who isnt Airborne. Im a POG but with my job I have probably stayed in more dangerous places for longer periods of time than you have. Im a POG who has fired my rifle in a combat situation. It doesn't matter what job you have in Iraq, there is always possibility to be in combat.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where are you stationed?
Beautiful Pope AFB NC

Going to Yokota in February though, can't wait.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where are you stationed?
Beautiful Pope AFB NC

Going to Yokota in February though, can't wait.
Are you in Scion Customs? You should be . . . come on you know you want to join.

Quick Reply: US ARMY enlisted.