Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

US ARMY enlisted.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

nope i'm in NY now for holidays.. and i'm glad my AIT is not there.. its ____ing cold there as well !

i'm going to Texas .. and my first assignment will be Ft.Hood.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:58 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Missouri flippin' sucks ! There is nothing to do.. that base is literally lost in the woods ! You will have one attraction a flippin' wal-mart !
lol, i've heard that from someone esle. though they loved it b/c miami is so bad for customer service and people in general are rude (in miami). i've also heard that people of other races beside white and a not so popular religion (i.e.jewish, muslim) are not to welcome.

and about the AIT thing, yeah. our (Navy) equvilant is called "A" school.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

purple i thought you were in AF ! lol
Old 12-25-2008, 02:59 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
Originally Posted by nuke
Just another bit of advice volunteer for a leadership position if they offer it for your A school class (class leader, assistant class leader). You will more than likely have to put up with high school bs but at least you will be in a position to do something about it and it will help you to get promoted quicker.
lol, nuke, he's Army. there is not much "volunteer" in the Army at his rank, it's pretty much ALL "volun-told". lol, granted there are some things that he may be able to volunteer for, but it's not the same as the Navy or AF.

That said though, I wouldn't be surprised if they already made him class leader since he's coming in as an e-4
Yeah I know he's mostly volun-told. But figured the sooner he figured out it's easier to volunteer than to get volun-told. Also giving instructors a ride home when there ride ditched them downtown helps make life easier to but that's another story. Basically make the people above you happy and your life will be much more easier.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just another bit of advice volunteer for a leadership position if they offer it for your A school class (class leader, assistant class leader). You will more than likely have to put up with high school bs but at least you will be in a position to do something about it and it will help you to get promoted quicker.
lol, nuke, he's Army. there is not much "volunteer" in the Army at his rank, it's pretty much ALL "volun-told". lol, granted there are some things that he may be able to volunteer for, but it's not the same as the Navy or AF.

That said though, I wouldn't be surprised if they already made him class leader since he's coming in as an e-4
Yeah I know he's mostly volun-told. But figured the sooner he figured out it's easier to volunteer than to get volun-told. Also giving instructors a ride home when there ride ditched them downtown helps make life easier to but that's another story. Basically make the people above you happy and your life will be much more easier.
Dont be a kiss a$$ though. Nobody likes one of those and it wont get you anywhere.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:04 AM
SL Member

Default Re: .

Originally Posted by mikeherns
hey ruswolf i just enlisted this week and im doing basic at ft jackson btw how is it at missouri im going there for ait my mos is 62b? not trying to threadjack just askin..
I've heard Jackson (relaxin Jackson) isn't that bad for basic. I hate that place simply cause they evaced us from Charleston to there for a hurricane that missed us. That whole thing was a giant cluster _____.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:06 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

that's funny, you guys get you first assignment before you go to AIT. we don't get ours until 2/3 through or "A" school.

so you only had to go to boot camp in Missouri? could you leave post? if not then it doesn't matter that they only had a wal-mart. my boot camp was in the middle of nowhere--great lakes (aka great mistakes), il. the other side of the base was pretty nice though, so i've heard. i didn't get to go over there since i left for "A" school two days after graduation
Old 12-25-2008, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

well the only reason i know my first assignment is because i'm MI and i go under ACASP program.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

that's funny, you guys get you first assignment before you go to AIT. we don't get ours until 2/3 through or "A" school.

so you only had to go to boot camp in Missouri? could you leave post? if not then it doesn't matter that they only had a wal-mart. my boot camp was in the middle of nowhere--great lakes (aka great mistakes), il. the other side of the base was pretty nice though, so i've heard. i didn't get to go over there since i left for "A" school two days after graduation
Yes in Missouri i only went to Basic.. but according to 1SG and my Drills there is literally nothing to do.. lol..

ohh ofcourse they also said there are like 5 strip clubs and 10 tattoo shops around the base which is usual thing. lol
Old 12-25-2008, 03:11 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

why's that?? though the AF mentality is pretty good.

given your instructors a ride home--whoaaaa....that's borderline fratinization. as far as being a kiss @ss i know a few people at my present command that have done pretty well with it. matter of fact at SOUTHCOM that's what they like. but i'd rather have my self-pride.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:12 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Higgy

Dont be a kiss a$$ though. Nobody likes one of those and it wont get you anywhere.
Not trying to be. But when you wanna pull your head out of your a$$ it would be much appreciated.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

yeah i dont know about that suggestion as well.. that sounds like too much of kiss ___... not my style.. i want to earn their respect because of my skill and knowledge, not because i drive them home, lol...
Old 12-25-2008, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not trying to be. But when you wanna pull your head out of your a$$ it would be much appreciated.
Well I must have hit a nerve with you. Seeing as how I wasn't talking to you specifically. Im just putting out in general for people to not become a kiss a$$. I see so much of it everyday and we usually make those kind of people do more work because it isnt a good trait to have. Now kindly stfu and stop being so sensitive.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:18 AM
SL Member

why's that?? though the AF mentality is pretty good.

given your instructors a ride home--whoaaaa....that's borderline fratinization. as far as being a kiss @ss i know a few people at my present command that have done pretty well with it. matter of fact at SOUTHCOM that's what they like. but i'd rather have my self-pride.
He was gonna drive him self home wasted. Drunk drivers really bother me since I used to run rescue and I got hit by one on a motorcycle. I was in a hospital unconscious for 2 weeks and I don't remember the 3 weeks before the accident. So yeah I'm not gonna let someone who's wasted drive if I can help it.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:26 AM
SL Member

Higgy I thought you were talking to me directly. With that being said I take back the second part of my statement. I wasn't telling him to be a brown noser. Just don't be the person that sits there and questions every thing your told to do.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:28 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

understandable
Old 12-25-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. NEVER question everything you are supposed to do . . . but dont go the extreme other way either. You have to find a good middle ground. The longer you are in, the more you will learn. (This message is for anybody new to the military)
Old 12-25-2008, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I will get stationed over seas but we"ll what I get but I don't want to leave my tc at home to long but at ait can u have ur car there or is that only once ur stationed?
Old 12-25-2008, 08:28 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

I agree. NEVER question everything you are supposed to do . . . but dont go the extreme other way either. You have to find a good middle ground. The longer you are in, the more you will learn. (This message is for anybody new to the military)
well.. i need to put my opinion here just to clarify on your statement.

of course you shouldn't question what you're supposed to do..

HOWEVER, what you're supposed to do.. and what you are told to do.. are two completely different things.

in military situations... it is very much your duty to question an order if you know or believe it is incorrect or wrong. if you believe what you are supposed to do violates a direct order (from some idiot guy who has higher rank that told you something) then whatever.. violate the order and/or take it up the chain of command.

i have yelled at my own superiors and officers multiple times to save my and their butts from doing something stupid that would break something

(to nuke: these situations will pertain to you often..)
Old 12-25-2008, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah. Dont follow unlawful orders. If you ever get told to do something unlawful or unethical that is your opportunity to disobey your superior! Enjoy it

Quick Reply: US ARMY enlisted.