Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

US ARMY enlisted.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default ,,

im not fat or u know like obese im 6ft 224lbs 18 in neck is what helped me pass at meps i barely made weight with -1 pct body fat i wouldnt of passed my physical but im excited cant wait to leave even thou i had on 2 weeks to party im ok with that ill enjoy better times after basic and ait. what about commuicating with my family and my son at basic can you have your cell phone? or is it calling cards and mail only im hearing mixed comments on that?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Yea, I figured things had probably changed since I was there. Hence the disclaimer lol.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Well, when I went we were not allowed to have cell phones. We were allowed to use the payphones however. But again, that was 7 years ago.

What is your MOS anyways?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i was there it was phone calls limited to like 15 minutes and only on sundays but some of the new guys said they get their cellphones after a while. (I also wasnt calling you fat by the way)
Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default ..

o my bad bro i didnt mean it like dat i was just saying im big bone lol and yea ive been hearing some guys are getting their phones towards the end of basic so im guessing thats true just this week i have to get a storage unit and put some stuff in there are u allowed one suit case with clothes but idk yet
Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keep in mind that alot of this is MOS dependent... The privilages you get will vary from Basic location (Jackson, Sam Houston, Knox), vary by MOS, and vary by your Drill Sergeant. No matter what privileges you get, you'll survive and you really wont have time to think about not having TV, beer, ect.

Also, just go there and try your best man. I wasnt in perfect shape, and now I am in great shape. They will teach you/mold you into what you need to be.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well basic training is location dependent but not MOS dependent. They dont care what your job is there. However your MOS determines your AIT and that can be awesome or it can sucks. What is your MOS going to be?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

..or you might not have an AIT at all. From my experience talking to others, basic really varies depending on your MOS
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

..or you might not have an AIT at all. From my experience talking to others, basic really varies depending on your MOS
Old 01-05-2009, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default ..

62b. im goin to missouri after i believe fort lenerwood im sure i spelt that wrong but yea, basically a construction mechanic.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Basic training doesnt vary except for minor differences and thats just because of location. its supposed to all go by the same "teaching plan". What you might be thinking of is OSUT (one station unit training) for certain jobs like infantry and drivers and other MOS's like that. They still have the set basic training but their mos is taught at the same place and its just combined into the training.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with you to a certain degree. But there is no use arguing over the internet So, mikeherms... good luck and work on those pushups :D
Old 01-05-2009, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true. its like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win . . .
Old 01-05-2009, 10:58 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i've always hated that "Special Olymics" joke.

if you have access to a bench press, do it. from my experience doing bench press improved my pushups. granted i'm sure there's not bench press in bootcamp, but starting now can probably help you out.

like already stated, good luck and try your best. idk about army b.c. but for the navy remember it's a weeding process. don't let them break your spirit. you sound pretty amped, don't let them take that. know your role, don't talk when you're not suppose too. to me b.c. was doing what you were suppose to do-i.e. paying attention to the RDC (drill sgt for you guys) or the instructors when in class. Also, --DO YOUR DAMNEST TO NOT FALL ASLEEP--whether it be during class or in the barracks training.

Stay up and see you on the uniform side.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Ok... Yes the standarts i have been changed, actually during reception we ran 1 mile but it was not really timed and it basically just a PT. Once you get to basic training in a weeks or so you will have asessment PT test consisting of 1 min push ups and sit ups and 1 mile run you can not fail this test as it is just to see where you standing as far as physical ability. Haircuts for us were $5.20 so yeah dont bother to look good before you ship off, lol

Well, i have arrived in Texas !
GoodFellow Air Force base in San Angelo , the base is really small , but i have to say its nice ! I even have fridge, microwave and 2!! paintings, lol.... The DFAC is really nice too, you dont even have to pick up your tray after you eat they will atake it for you !

San Angelo as far as i have seen is a real sh!it hole ! lol... in few weks i will take PT test and when i pass it , i will be able to bring the car and basically go off base anytime on off duty hours! SO whoever is in Texas we can chill lol...

As far as the car transport, i used to sell cars, so i'm gonna see what kind of hook up i get .

Also i', lookoing to see if there a good tuning shop in San Antonio or something to tune my car as i finally will have a chance to throw on my turbo !
Old 01-06-2009, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default ..

yep im amped up and ready to go im goin to do a lil run later on tonite and just workin on some pushups i got my pt test on wed mornin 0630 im also memorizing all those things they ask for and on my march i got it down kinda of only trouble is about face damn got me doin it till i got it right once. lol
Old 01-06-2009, 01:21 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i know it sounds cheesy, but that's great. i'm pretty sure they told you to know The Solider's Creed" and the Solider's Core Values (idk what the army terms are for that). after i got to Navy b.c. they told us to remember the Navy CoC; i.e. Sec of Defense, Sec. of the Navy, Senior Enlisted Advisor of the Navy, etc. so if they didn't tell you i'd at least know the Sec. of Def/Army, CoS/Sgt. Maj. of the Army. also the bday and the motto. i'm sure they already told you all that told, but just incase.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

yea they did just didnt tell me about the bday of it so ill search that up im just trying to know a lil before i go so i might know some answers if they ask
Old 01-06-2009, 02:30 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i think army bday is 14Jun1775
Old 01-06-2009, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default ..

thanks bro ill make not of dat im gonna head out for a quick jog has anyone been to basic in fort jackson..

Quick Reply: US ARMY enlisted.