Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

What laptop for high-end graphics and gaming?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kanundrum
http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.html
nice laptop, probably plays most current games pretty decently. When I get to a point, where I started wiping my ___ with 20 dollar bills, I'd pony up for that.

But you could build a much faster tower and have enough money leftover to buy a ps3 and a wii. maybe some weed too.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yea can build a exceptional tower yes for cheap these days. that site will have what you need but u wil have to pay for it.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That laptop is a beast!! ...also goes for the price tag.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ALIEN WARE
Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eboardracer
ALIEN WARE
way, and i mean way overpriced.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"But my friend in the know, says alienware is the best there is"
Old 05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ and your friend has a big brown nose too... hahaha.. even if you did get a laptop that has everything you want to play games... take that bad boy off the power adaptor and play a game.. it will die in about 30 mins.. hahaha.. so just build a desktop... yes they do build laptops with interchangable videocards.. but they are very expensive... easier to find parts and to do on a desktop...
i find that 90% of the ppl that want a gaming computer don't even use it for gaming.. the darn thing can run NASA but it only sits at home dling certain videos..
Old 05-29-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good lords man, laptops are not for high end gaming. Not only is there a power issue, but a heat issue as well. Laptops are notoriously poor at heat dissipation. Even if you could run the latest games on the machine, it would melt the casing from gpu and processor heat. So unless dude plans on gaming in the snow, get a desktop. If you want mobility get a laptop but you will not be able to do high end gaming with it. Also, alienware is not the end all for gaming systems. They are also overly inflated prices. Oh and by the way, they are owned by Dell. They are as much their own company as scion is from toyota. Oh and alienware is second and sometimes thirdhand parts. These are rebuilt systems not brand new parts. The best gaming system for the money and quality is building a rig yourself.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jbae1221
i find that 90% of the ppl that want a gaming computer don't even use it for gaming.. the darn thing can run NASA but it only sits at home dling certain videos..
so very true! I have seen so many people do that when I used to work at best buy, wanted the best but only did word processing... a $500 machine could do what they wanted, but they wanted to spend $5000 for one that will do the same thing, and its not like its even faster...
Old 05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^lol.. i say that too because i worked at bestbuy... i use to work in the GeekSquad.. i would see ppl buy these highend computers for a mediacenter, or gaming, etc etc.. but then i would see them back visiting me so I can clean their computer of viruses and spyware that they got from the sites that they visited... you think you can clear all history... but i know where to look to find out where you went..
use to be, i would tell them not to go to certain sites... then they would get rude with me saying that they don't go to those sites... i would make a list of the sites that they went to and give it to them.. they just shut up and say what else do i need to do... then they listen to my recommendations..