Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

What really ____es you off?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Banned
SL Member

I heard Suge Knight was only wounded by the gun fire because tupac was Hmming him if you know what i mean.
And to think they werent even in a PT cruiser. WHo would of thunk it
Old 01-27-2006, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

You know what I really hate ?

The fact that in todays world customer service is DEAD .. people have forgotten how to listen and it affects everyday life ..

Like when you go into any restaurant whether its a fast food joint or a sit down restaurant and they don't have the time or capacity to listen to what you want, bring you the wrong thing and accuse you of ordering it wrong ?

Seems like everyone is in it for the buck today and no one gives a dam about the person right in front of them.

What really ____es me off is the fact that those who are ignorant and uneducated roll around in the worlds most expensive cars perpetuating a lifestyle they did not earn or deserve and are actually looked up to like role models .... AIGHT !!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ILLCRXSI
I hate when people b*tch about other people smoking in public, noone is going to die because i decided to smoke off my property. All these non-smokers need to get over themselves.
I was waiting for some idiot smoker to respond to my post......so predictable. I couldn't care any less about what your "rights" are. Lighting up among non-smokers is the most inconsiderate thing one can do. I've lost 4 close family members to smoking. Lung cancer is an ugly, slow, difficult way to die.

I will repeat what I said in my first post: "Keep that **** away from me and my family!"
Old 01-28-2006, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Religion....geez i can't believe you people are so damn brainwashed...
Old 01-28-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Dumb attorneys and highway companies. I damaged a wheel and tire in lowell and sued the company for like 880 bucks, (2 tires, 1 rim, mounting balancing, and tax). And won in small claims court. I beat there fancy attorney on my own. And then, i find out they are appealling. Now that is just stupid. its gonna cost them way more money than if they had just paid up.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by xB_Factor
Originally Posted by ILLCRXSI
I hate when people b*tch about other people smoking in public, noone is going to die because i decided to smoke off my property. All these non-smokers need to get over themselves.
I was waiting for some idiot smoker to respond to my post......so predictable. I couldn't care any less about what your "rights" are. Lighting up among non-smokers is the most inconsiderate thing one can do. I've lost 4 close family members to smoking. Lung cancer is an ugly, slow, difficult way to die.

I will repeat what I said in my first post: "Keep that **** away from me and my family!"
The problem is, in my opinion, that smokers don't realize how bad smoke smells to non-smokers. My father smoked so when I took up smoking at a young age I didn't know any different. Several years ago I quit and WOW what a difference. My sense of smell became very sensitive, particularly to smoke. It is a HORRIBLE smell. It is not only foul to have to breathe it in but it stinks up anything you are around and probably the worst is your breath.

The only way I can think of to put this to smokers is, non-smokers having to smell your smoke is equivalent to us pooping in your lap. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like the smell of that at all.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Nate2085
Religion....geez i can't believe you people are so damn brainwashed...
I don't care what people want to believe but don't try to force it on me.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

People driving in the left lane all the time. We all pay taxes people!!!

People who don't use turn signals.

People driving while chatting on the cell phone. No you don't still drive well. Don't fool yourself. The rest of us are having to avoid you.

People who stop in the road to chat with friends.

There are a few other driving peeves that I have but the number 1 thing that I hate is when someone speeds up when I attempt to pass them, particularly when there's oncoming traffic.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chadfo
People driving in the left lane all the time. We all pay taxes people!!!

People who stop in the road to chat with friends.

Have to say those are two of our biggest peeves as well.

Our town borders Mass & I've noticed that Mass drivers are the absolute WORST for staying in the passing lane on the highway when no one else is on the road, they're not passing anyone & you're behind them giving them your beams.

They refuse to move. Makes me want a big truck with a nice brush guard...but since I don't have that, I pass them in the middle lane & cut them off as close as possible...I'm talking barely inches. I'm sure they don't care, or even get it, but it makes me feel better...and it's all about me.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only way I can think of to put this to smokers is, non-smokers having to smell your smoke is equivalent to us pooping in your lap.

Think that's pushing the analogy a bit far, but whatever. Former smoker here, and I can tell if my neighbor is smoking on his front porch as soon as I open my side door.

Thing is - it's a free country. I don't like the smell of trash either, but I'll be damned if I'm going to tell the trash collector to stop driving by my house.

However, for purposes of this thread, you're all free to hate on smokers because I asked what ____es you off & you answered honestly. Done & done.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJHypnotic
I dont want to become the most hated member on SL, so i hope we can just forget all the ____t i said bout pac.
Don't worry about about being the most hated, sexyscionlover already has that roll, it even says so in his signiture...

j/k Scott
Old 01-29-2006, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by xActly
The only way I can think of to put this to smokers is, non-smokers having to smell your smoke is equivalent to us pooping in your lap.

Think that's pushing the analogy a bit far, but whatever. Former smoker here, and I can tell if my neighbor is smoking on his front porch as soon as I open my side door.

Thing is - it's a free country. I don't like the smell of trash either, but I'll be damned if I'm going to tell the trash collector to stop driving by my house.

However, for purposes of this thread, you're all free to hate on smokers because I asked what ____es you off & you answered honestly. Done & done.
I don't think so. Trash trucks are necessary to keep that smell away most of the time. They are necessary to maintain our way of life so that little bit of smell is acceptable. There's nothing necessary about smoking and it doesn't just come around once a week. Personally I don't care if someone wants to smoke but I don't think I should have to be subjected to the smell of it in certain situations. In particular when I'm entering a building and when I'm eating. Why should I have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get somewhere? Why should I have to be subjected to the smell of smoke when I'm eating? When I smoked I took great care to keep it away from non-smokers as much as possible. I never smoked in a restaraunt unless it had an enclosed smoking area.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The smell of the cigarette smoke, although vile in the most profound way, is the least of my worries. It's the inability to breath while around it....and of course, the obvious health issue.

I promise....this is my 3rd and final post concerning this subject.

On to something else.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Problem with smoking in public is what happens to my wife. she has bad asthma, and when we go to a nice restaurant and sit outside, some thoughtless idiot lights up and just that little bit of smoke can send her into an attack.
Not to mention, it freakin' totally ruins a good dinner.
It's all about being considerate.

All the car peeves are on my list too.

One thing not mentioned yet is GAS STATIONS.
Those rat-ba$tards change the price of gas 3-4 times a day now, and the friggin' gas that was in those tanks was already paid for! The gas in the tanks doesn't change price with the market, but those SOB's change it all day long.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. People who cut me off then stop so I can hit them(...if I had a truck with a push bar...)

2. People who see me coming at 60 mph and try to make the turn anyway.

3. Racists

4. Homophobes

5. People who hit your car without leaving a note.

6. People that don't use their turn signals

7. People who fail to replace their brake lights.

8. People behind you blowing the horn at you when your reverse lights are on and you're nose to nose with the car infront of you, yet they refuse to back up.

9. People who like to engage in stop sign wars(you know, they say go, but the second you start to pull out, they do too)

10. AOL

11. The 'If I can't do it, neither can you' type of people

12. The brake light(like the one in my icon) when the e-brake isn't engaged

13. Overly religious bible thumper

14. The fact that everybody in the school thinks I'm dating the overly religious girl

15. Teen drivers who race, crash, and end up dead thus making the rest of us look bad

16. Cops who pull you over for something as rediculous as 52 in a 45.

17. The thugs in my school.

18. The guys who hit on the girl who sits behind me in class when its obvious that she isn't interested and I have to sit there and listen to them work their non-existant 'game'

19. Shallow people
Old 01-29-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The thing I hate the most:

Driving on a two lane road and going the speed limit where the person behind you is tailgating and flashing brights at you. Like you can move over to the non existant lane. Or for that matter, ANYONE who flashes their brights at me. I'll slow down to 40MPH in the ultra-fast lane just to ____ them off and make them go around (unless it's obviously a safety vehical with their lights on).

#2 on the list: Country Music

#3 stupid people

#4 People who hate stupid people (yeah I know)

#5-10 Country Music

To give you an idea, if someone were to offer me a ride from St. Louis to Chicago and they wanted to listen to county, I'd rather walk. Country music is to me like a ___ or lesbian is to a homophobe. Just last year I found out there were two different Hank Williams "singers". Damn, imagine my surprize.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by slboettcher
One thing not mentioned yet is GAS STATIONS.
Those rat-ba$tards change the price of gas 3-4 times a day now, and the friggin' gas that was in those tanks was already paid for! The gas in the tanks doesn't change price with the market, but those SOB's change it all day long.
The gas station follows the price of the market so they can stay competitive. They work on the average through the year. They buy at the the wholesale price at the time and sell at the retail price at the time. If they priced based on what they bought at all the time, the station that had to buy just before a price drop wouldn't sell fuel until the price climbed past their rate again.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Kurenai
1. People who cut me off then stop so I can hit them(...if I had a truck with a push bar...)

That makes me laugh. I've seen at least one other post on this thread with a similar comment. What makes it so funny is that I used to have a Dodge Ram pickup. I used to regularly tell my wife that I wish I had a push bar so I could clear my way in traffic or just knock the idiots off the road. I love it!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

What really ____es me off is the word Rice. I know there are some things that are just unacceptable to do to a car, however many people (especially here and other Scion sites) throw the word arround like its dollors at a stripper. If you mean it to be an insult then use it less frequently, seriously ____, ____, Damn, **** mungler, and _____ are only offensive because they are seldomly used in describing another. To each their own and if something must be said, please give a ____ing reason as to why you don't like what they did.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slboettcher
Wow:

1) People that don't know where the turn-signals are
2) Aholes that park three-inches from my car - even though i parked as far away from the line as I could.
3) Aholes that ride my butt even though I'm doing 80 in the fast lane.
4) Aholes that cut in at the last second on off-ramps to save THEM time.

Just to name but a few of the daily gripes...
you know that the "fast lane" lane 1 is a passing lane. If they are going faster than you, you should move out of the way. Who cares what the speed limit is. Let them get the speeding ticket.

Quick Reply: What really ____es you off?