Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Where to make friends?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you just opened up infinite possibilities. keep going with it.

I'd say your best bets are the gym (one outside of work), school, internet, and local activities.

I met my girlfriend on craigslist in October - shes unlike anyone I've ever dated. I have to give the internet its props.

hah

good luck C
Old 02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

unlike anyone else = good thing..lol
Old 02-12-2008, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thx hammy =)
Old 02-12-2008, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

and...we met in the strictly platonic section.

so you never know.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

walk into a crowded room of people and let one rip. It's gotta be a good one though. Then when everyone hears and smells it they will run. the last one to run or the last person standing next to you is your new friend C. They were too slow and now they have to be your friend.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Bird
walk into a crowded room of people and let one rip. It's gotta be a good one though. Then when everyone hears and smells it they will run. the last one to run or the last person standing next to you is your new friend C. They were too slow and now they have to be your friend.

yr awesome...wanna meet up and try?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Originally Posted by randomsuper
personally, i only have one person i consider a true sense in my very strict definition of the word and i've known him for close to 20 years. pretty much the rest of the world falls into the flake category. the majority of people who i trust and talk to about serious stuff are my family. you can't really find a long lasting true friendship in a specific place. it's the person, not their location.

i've met lots of cool people at work. you might not know them forever but if you take the relationship with a grain of salt it can lead to some good times.
20 years...wow...20 years...? Yr lucky..
I know its about the person but u need to go out in order to find those people
family eh. parents are divorced, dad lives in europe, mom works 2 jobs, twin is absolutely intolerant to emotional problems, older sis is 75 miles from me
yeah. i'm lucky. we played in the sandbox together and maintained a friendship all this time. he actually lives a good 50 miles from me but we still talk and hang out once a week or every other week. he's married so it's rarely a boys night out but his wife is cool so it's never a problem anyways.

i wish i had a good answer for you. i know where you're coming from. lots of people use the word friend freely. true friends stick around no matter where you're at. good luck though. and don't sleep on the internet! i know people online i visit whenever i'm in their neck of the woods and they do the same.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

Dang, C. (I feel funny just calling you C, we've never met nor have we spoken, but i've seen you on sl like a zillion times) I think you may have hit a strong chord for most anyone who reads this thread. You are pretty much a scionlife celbrity, and it's a shame that you feel this way, but I think everyone feels the same way, to a certain degree. It seems that all too often people who you love and think you can trust and will be in your life forever all seem to slowly fade. Weather it be time, distance, or contrasting lifestyles, if not a combination of all three, friends come and go. I think biggie said it best; "A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers." Almost makes you rethink the definition of the word "friend." And trust me, I know where your coming from. I'm 21 and work 60+ hours a week. That really doesn't leave time to make new friends or build existing relationships. I wish I had a real answer to give you, but I haven't figured it out, either. C, for what its worth, if you lived in CA(more specifically, the east bay lol), I'd love to be your friend
Old 02-13-2008, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get involved in local community....gyms....sports....clubs....school...hey your italian so am I well part italian. Yeah but best bet is school. Work friends never really work out you see enough of each other at work what makes you think they would want to see you after work. But yeah if you ever come down to New Orleans aka Chocolate City PM me i'll show you around.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

claudia can i be your friend

and if yuou move up here all you gotta do is call and ill be over to help ya out ill bring the mrs and some otehr friends and we can be friends together, ill share my friends with you :D we all like drinks! and some of us even like wine! :D
Old 02-13-2008, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

On a side note:
Dang Davedave, that was a quick hiatus...
Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC

and if yuou move up here all you gotta do is call and ill be over to help ya out ill bring the mrs and some otehr friends and we can be friends together, ill share my friends with you :D we all like drinks! and some of us even like wine! :D
thank gawd yr back
yes you can be my friend. lol! u already are but if i do come up there u better take care of me or no more smokes
Old 02-13-2008, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by lltysonll
Get involved in local community....gyms....sports....clubs....school...hey your italian so am I well part italian. Yeah but best bet is school. Work friends never really work out you see enough of each other at work what makes you think they would want to see you after work. But yeah if you ever come down to New Orleans aka Chocolate City PM me i'll show you around.
chocolate city, take me chocolate places i'll be yr bff hehe
school would def. be the best I know but I need more immediate support than a few year =(
Old 02-13-2008, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by mbaledge
It seems that all too often people who you love and think you can trust and will be in your life forever all seem to slowly fade. Weather it be time, distance, or contrasting lifestyles, if not a combination of all three, friends come and go. I think biggie said it best; "A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers." Almost makes you rethink the definition of the word "friend." And trust me, I know where your coming from. I'm 21 and work 60+ hours a week. That really doesn't leave time to make new friends or build existing relationships. I wish I had a real answer to give you, but I haven't figured it out, either. C, for what its worth, if you lived in CA(more specifically, the east bay lol), I'd love to be your friend
but then what's the point of having friends =( if they just come and go then why not just have acquaintaces?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC

thank gawd yr back
yes you can be my friend. lol! u already are but if i do come up there u better take care of me or no more smokes
you got it! :D
Old 02-13-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

photography hadn't thought bout that one.
I'd like to take tai chi classes too. I like languages maybe I could take a course to brush on my german...
Ich stimme zu. Liebhabereien wie Fotographie und Sprache sind die guten Methoden, zum der Leute zu treffen. Die künste sind gute Methoden, sich auszudrücken und Sie können Leute finden, die Ihre Gedanken und Ideen teilen.

wow...that took a while to type out...
Old 02-13-2008, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

Ya hope for the best. Hopefully one or two will stick. Like throwing m&ms into someones mouth lol
Old 02-13-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
photography hadn't thought bout that one.
I'd like to take tai chi classes too. I like languages maybe I could take a course to brush on my german...
Ich stimme zu. Liebhabereien wie Fotographie und Sprache sind die guten Methoden, zum der Leute zu treffen. Die künste sind gute Methoden, sich auszudrücken und Sie können Leute finden, die Ihre Gedanken und Ideen teilen.

wow...that took a while to type out...
much easier when you think in german than when it comes out eh? I know how you feel.

Yeah that's why i'll try diff. stuff, see if someone has stuff in common.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by mbaledge
Ya hope for the best. Hopefully one or two will stick. Like throwing m&ms into someones mouth lol
so yr sayin i should lick people and see who sticks?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

dont lick me, only 1 girl does that

Quick Reply: Where to make friends?