Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Do you Shop At Wal-Mart?
Yes.. Such low prices, you'd be crazy not to shop their.
75.00%
NO..I hate Wal-Mart, it smells funny!
25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Who Shops at Wal-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default Who Shops at Wal-Mart

I see a lot of debates in threads about Wal-Mart. So I wanted to see how many people shop at the Almighty Wal-Mart

I for one shop there. I go late at night to buy my groceries to avoid the large crowds. Its cheap! I Figured out one time that I saved over 80 dollars buying the same items there, then another grocery store.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

about every other month i go there, for toys, dvds on sale, chips, etc..

did you know 100million people in america shop there every week? and we just cleared 300 million people.
If I go there by myself, i can get through there no problem, at 6'4" I tower over the sea of little brown people(sorry, but it's mostly short hispanic & foreign borns that shop at the one near my work) that go there and just push my way through.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Yes, unfortunately I do shop at Wal-Mart. As much as I dislike shopping there I dislike wasting money even more. I try to shop at local stores where I live. In my opinion the local stores have much more character unlike Wal-Mart that seems like a warehouse...a warehouse for making drones!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Sure, the one person that votes no does not post.... tsk tsk tsk. LoL

I go to Wal-mart all the time. They have good deals a lot of the times and it's close by. There are, of course, some things that I won't get there... like car stereo equipment. It's not good enough quality for my likes.

Plus, I grew up in Ar, about 35-45 min away from the home offices of Wal-Mart. They are everywhere there!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I grew up 2 minutes from the first Hypermart made(I think they're called super-walmart now).
Old 03-15-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no way man, i hate wal mart....watch the dvd about wal mart

being in retail myself in a family owned business, you will not like wal mart either
Old 03-15-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

We have super Walmarts all over....They dont open regular walmarts anyone more......The rich areas get the neighborhood markets
Old 03-15-2007, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I shop at Wal-Tart
Old 03-15-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by itsmethemagicz

being in retail myself in a family owned business, you will not like wal mart either
Does WalMart take away from your Family Business? What do you sale?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw a pbs special on it. They showed walmart caused the downfall of rca and rubbermaid.

I liked where there's a company that has a product, let's say soap, and walmart invites their sales rep to their headquarters to make a pitch to put their soap in their stores. When the soap salesman shows up for the meeting, there are 2-4 other soap companies sales guys there. The Walmart guy says to the first guy, "ok sales guy #1 how much wholesale for your bar of soap? $.50? ok, that's too much.. Ok, sales guy #2, how much can you get me soap for? $.45? that's a little closer. sales guy 3? $.40? ok sales guy #1 can you beat that?" and they have to be able to negotiate right there or they don't quadruple their business by selling through walmart.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCTaco

Does WalMart take away from your Family Business? What do you sale?
My best friends wife use to work at Wal-mart. She hated that place. Within being there for like 2 months, with very little retail experience, they pressured her into being a manager of 2 departments, (small departments, but still) and would stictly enforce their "no overtime policy". Never give her enough help. The only thing I buy there is the occasional dvd and my transformers alternators toys. (Skidz )

The only thing I've bought there in the last year was: Futurama Season 1,2 and transformers toys.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I always see people protesting the opening of a new WalMart in other states, I dont think i have ever seen or heard of it being done here in Texas...........?...Im just mad that I cant go into WalMart and buy a gun anymore. Walk in and buy some Beer, Milk, Cigs, diapers, and a 12 GA Mosberg
Old 03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

competition is the basis of business. every company wishes it could be a wal mart and have that type of clout. personally, i feel that large stores are the greatest. they sell everything under one roof so you save a lot of time shopping, plus they have better prices than almost anywhere else you can shop. so yeah, go walmart.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My wife and I shop there all the time, but I hate myslef for it. I know how bad they are for local stores but as a consumer, I can't afford to throw away money. Wal-Mart has the best prices...period.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I think the majority of people dont like to shop there. The lines are always long, you have to park a mile away....there are some strange people in there, but you cant get passed the prices..Im a sucker for low prices. I will spend hours looking for the best price on a part for my car online.....so whats the diff, if I know I gonna get the samething cheaper at WalMart then anywhere else.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Ooooo Dont forget Sam's Club...I buy stuff there for our shop....Where else you gonna get mayo in a 5 gallon bucket?
Old 03-15-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Apparently EVERYONE shops there, because whenever I go I end up walking out because the lines are too long to wait. Seriously that place is PACKED every weekend. There's a traffic jam on the street just to get into the already full parking lot!

If Wal-Mart is so evil, nobody seems to mind.

-THE DON
Old 03-15-2007, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Costco!
My main reason i have a club card, is because for $1.63 i get a polish hotdog and drink.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

costco chicken wraps are godly.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I used to shop at Costco almost exclusively, until I moved to Oklahoma where there is no swearing or Costco. I now shop at Sam's Club and Walmart. Sams is identical to Costco, except for the cheap polish dogs, although they have something similar. I also prefer the Kirkland products over the Members Mark at Sams.

If you do not want to pay a union inflated price for your groceries shop at Walmart, if youre a "feel good" liberal and dont mind overpaying just a little then shop elseware. But, when it comes to Walmarts house brand "greater value" I would put it up against just about anything, its good stuff. I save about 100 per month shopping at Walmart and when you are "balling on a budget" that sure makes a difference. Hell, even if I had money I would still shop there. They are open 24 hours and I go late to avoid the crowds. I can get everything that I want at one place.

Quick Reply: Who Shops at Wal-Mart