Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Do you Shop At Wal-Mart?
Yes.. Such low prices, you'd be crazy not to shop their.
75.00%
NO..I hate Wal-Mart, it smells funny!
25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Who Shops at Wal-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I want one!!! Can't find them anywhere up here... The 1 time I found them was when I was living in FL, and they didn't have the xB... I kept going back to look tho... still nothing.....
Old 03-15-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pinay_tC
I want one!!! Can't find them anywhere up here... The 1 time I found them was when I was living in FL, and they didn't have the xB... I kept going back to look tho... still nothing.....
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...+xB&category0=
Old 03-15-2007, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hmmm I thought they were bigger... like they came in a box, not that plastic packaging... although its been like a year and a half since I've seen it....

Thanks for the link tho!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I just thought of one more thing that I will never buy at Wal-Mart...

Music CD's. They edit them (the ones that have any swear words).
Old 03-15-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by Amoxapine
I just thought of one more thing that I will never buy at Wal-Mart...

Music CD's. They edit them (the ones that have any swear words).
Aw yeah.....I forgot about that....
Old 03-15-2007, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't like Wal-Mart. I always feel as if the aisles are going to crash down on me because they are stacked so damn high. Then I ask an associate about an ad item(s) and they have no clue what I'm talking about. I feel as if I'm smarter about their store than SOME (not ALL! ) of the associates. The lines are ridiculous! Are the Wal-Marts in my town the only stores that seem to have only 2 cashiers open out of 15-20?? At Target, the associate will tell me what aisle to go to. (And be right 85% of the time.) I don't have to worry about long lines. And lastly; Targets are CLEAN! I can actually find what I came in for. So I will pay a little extra for the convieneces of Target.

If you need more reasons to dislike Wal-Mart, "google" Wal-Mart and see what comes up. (1.6 million {and counting} women file class-action discrimination lawsuit? Wow!)

But to each his own. If you find what you're looking for at Wal-Mart, then more power to you! It's for some people, just not me.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember when I went to walmart 2 xmas's ago, looking for a lava lamp.

i went to the lighting dept. nope. So I asked. I ended up going through 5 employees to discover, none of them even knew what one was, because not one was even close to american.
the ethiopian passed me over to the philipino, who handed me off to the mexican, who passed me back to the philipino in charge of lighting. then another brown manager came and "helped" me, and I eneded up telling her and another employee that I was prounouncing the word LAVA and what it meant. I was doing an explosion with my hands and making sounds with my mouth and referencing volcanoes. this probably made things worse. i ended up going to Target.

I swear, i think walmart, like mcdonalds only hires people that are just happy someone hired them and will go no where in life. I swear at these jobs, speaking english is not preferred for employees, because that will just speed things up and throw off everyone's snail-like pace.

I say, if you look at one of these company's Employee-of-the-Month board, and you can't pronounce a single name on it, don't even shop there.

I love seinfeld's joke of:
"I don't even know what it takes to get a cab driver's license. I think all you need is a face. This seems to be their big qualification. "That's the law now, no blank heads are allowed to drive cabs". It also helps to have a name with like, 8 consonants in a row.What is that "o" with the line through it ? What letter is that ? I don't remember that letter in school. You need a chart of the elements if you wanna report the guy. "Yes officer, his name was Ammal, and then the symbol for boron... I believe. I had the periodic chart with me at the time, I'm quite certain it was not manganese"."
Old 03-16-2007, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
"I don't even know what it takes to get a cab driver's license. I think all you need is a face. This seems to be their big qualification. "That's the law now, no blank heads are allowed to drive cabs". It also helps to have a name with like, 8 consonants in a row.What is that "o" with the line through it ? What letter is that ? I don't remember that letter in school. You need a chart of the elements if you wanna report the guy. "Yes officer, his name was Ammal, and then the symbol for boron... I believe. I had the periodic chart with me at the time, I'm quite certain it was not manganese"."
Gotta love Seinfeld!
Woman Jerry is interested in: "You mean like...an Indian Giver?"
Jerry: "I'm sorry but I am not familiar with that term."?"
LOL!!! All of those shows were and still are great.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsa3mm
Gotta love Seinfeld!
Woman Jerry is interested in: "You mean like...an Indian Giver?"
Jerry: "I'm sorry but I am not familiar with that term."?"
LOL!!! All of those shows were and still are great.
Woman: How did you get these tickets?
Jerry: Uh, I got them from a scalp...Uh, one of those guys who sells tickets on the street...
Old 03-16-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm even more low-rent.... I shop at Mervyn's - you know the place that Walmart sells its reject clothing to.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etli
I'm even more low-rent.... I shop at Mervyn's - you know the place that Walmart sells its reject clothing to.
Mervyn's is owned by Target. It should be their more upscale clothing. Marshall's, another Target owned company, is the lower end crap of target.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

i go to wal-mart for dvds and the occasional iTunes music card, and maybe a greeting card...
Old 03-18-2007, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mervyn's is owned by Target.
Not any more. Target sold off Mervyn's (click HERE!) because it was losing $$$. That's why Mervyn's are so bad now.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I go to walmart every now and then to buy watever, i dont see whats so bad about it.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

ohhhhh me love the walmart...

if it is 3am and your in dire need for a kite, milk, dog food, peanut butter, papertowels, candles, a DVD where else is there to go
Old 03-18-2007, 06:21 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love shopping at mega lo mart
Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about this Wal-Mart here in Poulsbo, WA?

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washin....1c06d9da.html

Pictures are bad.. they were supposed to open again yesterday but were still closed tonight when we went over there. I guess all their food had to be thrown out because everything smelled like smoke and stuff. Bummer.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a new Mall-Wart about one mile from where I live that has a usually 3/4 empty parking lot and hardly anyone inside, the waits are still phenomenal, though, because neither person at the checkouts have any idea what they are doing...

I've been in there once, just to see if there was anything there I had to have, but just about everything I looked at was bottom-of-the-barrel, made in China copies of something I might buy.

I will happily pay a few bucks more for quality, and I'm much happier supporting local, quality, helpful merchants, anyway.

Besides, putting in their big-box store totally hosed traffic patterns for miles.

Tom
Old 03-19-2007, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The one in Poulsbo is only a year old.. just over a year. It was a nice store.. Super Wal-Mart versus regular old one that ends up a dump anyway. But it also has a huge parking lot that's never full.. it's always busy, but too much lot. And lots of businesses around it.. in fact, there is a Subway INSIDE Wal-Mart.. and then right across the parking lot, another Subway outside. Oh well.