Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Why do NASCAR drivers always fail the DMV drivng test?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member

Default Why do NASCAR drivers always fail the DMV drivng test?

Because of those pesky "right" hand turns!!!

What kind of drivers hate it most when their wives are "right"?
NASCAR Drivers!!!

Why do NASCAR drivers always get lost?
They always insist that it's "left"!!!

What accessory do NASCAR drivers hate the most on women?
"Hairpins"!!!

What does NASCAR stand for?
Never Again Shall a Car Approach Rights!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Ok so maybe they (the jokes) are lame....but I just watched 5 mins of NASCAR and wow....I was bored to death....It sure as hell takes alot of ***** to drive that fast with walls to your right....but it sure doesnt take alot of talent to drive in a circle....plus....whats the point of having a manual tranny? I guess it just to save weight...casue they might as well stick with autos
Old 11-30-2005, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and you must be a stupid NASCAR driver to post this in the xA section
Old 11-30-2005, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, it might be boring, but it deffinetly is not easy, consider the speed they carry into, and out of, the corners. The manual tranny does save weight, but it also allows the driver to control the car better, and decide what rpm is best for what corner. lol
Im a car guy, but i just cant watch them go in the same dirrection for so long lol
Old 11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my business partner and I did the Richard Petty driving school last year. 8 laps around the Nashville track driving all by yourself. What a BLAST. After their 2 hour lecture and track walk, get your suits on and get in line to drive the nascars (2 cars at a time on the track each following a pace nascar). If they see you handling it, they keep increasing the speed for you to follow their lines. Then you get your time trials and pictures when finished. My max speed was a 132mph lap. I just couldn't get over the feeling of smashing the walls. For $300, yeah it's alot, but what an experience.

I then paid $75 for both of my daughters to ride shotgun with their pro drivers. They both went out at the same time in different cars and raced for 3 laps. 176 mph top lap speed and both of them were pale white when they got out of the cars.

If you guys ever get a chance....do it. They travel the country. Here is their link.

http://www.1800bepetty.com/
Old 11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is what NASCAR really stands for...

Non-
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

Old 11-30-2005, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

These are the kind of threads that annoy me. Sure, some of the jokes are funny, most of them are lame, but if you don't like something why do you post a thread where you and others can moan and whine about it?

Obviously the sport is something you're unfamiliar with or you'd have more to rag on it about other than "there is no talent in driving in a circle" or "a sport centered around rednecks". If you'd read up on such things, you'd know that NASCAR is the second most watched sport live/on TV right behind football. It also has the least amount of headlines involving and competitors involved in drugs, alcohol or illegal activities. I'd say NASCAR has more athletes for kids to look up to than any other ball sport combined.

Sure, watching a race on TV isn't nearly the same as actually being at the track. But going to a NASCAR race is surely an experience you'll never forget - I haven't.

So next time you want to dis NASCAR or anything, for that matter, make sure you know what you're talking about. I'm sick of hearing the same lame excuses of why racing in a circle is such a stupid thing to do. Plus, watching 5 minutes of something doesn't quite make you an expert in judgement.

Oh, and PS - NASCAR and horseracing are the only true sports. Everything else is just a game.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Frankly I've been to NASCAR events and my dad was the biggest NASCAR fan I've ever known (Hell he even cried when Earnhardt died). You know what, I still feel the same about NASCAR, it sucks. Horseracing is far and beyond much more of a sport than NASCAR ever will be. I don't feel NASCAR is a sport nor will it ever be a one but this is just my opinion and I'm entitled to it just as you are.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well we all have our opinions and our reasons as to why we feel about something and well....first off, let me get somthing straight...I DONT THINK THAT NASCAR DRIVERS ARE TALENTLESS HACKS...it takes alot of ***** and a bit (take note "a bit") of skill to drive the oval. I know that if I was thrown into a NASCAR race I wouldn't fair so well, the first few tiems at least, plus...driving next to a concrete wall is sure as hell scary . But all in all oval racing looks PATHETIC next to road racing, a road racer has more skills than a NASCAR driver, mainly because of the technicality of road racing. Technicality that does NOT exist in NASCAR. Before you start saying that I don't know **** about oval or NASCAR you'd be half right...I don't know anything about NASCAR, I don't care too, I'm not fond of oval track racing, and I'm not fond of all left turns. But I do have first hand experience in the oval. my gf's unlce races legend cars. Twice, before and during the season, we take his car to Orange Show or Willow Springs' Oval tracks to test it out and believe me...while it's fun it's also SO boring...so boring because of the lack of technicality. Sure it's fast, sure its terrifying to see a wall to the right of you not even three feet away, but it's still BORING, I'll tkae an autox anyday over an oval. So in a nutshell whether you want to accept it or not. There is talent in driving around in a circle....but not alot....3/4 ***** 1/4 talent. And while it may not be a sport centered around rednecks....who watches it the most? Rednecks...every person I have met from southern states...loves NASCAR...not everyone but all the one's I've met...you don't talk **** about NASCAR to them unless you know them, cuz they'll kill you...so again, NASCAR isn't centered around rednecks...but it sure as HELL attracts alot of them. I went to a NASCAR race and was bored out of my mind...and while the sounds aren't something I'll ever forget....that race isn't something I wouldnt cry over if I had to forget about it. Oh yeah...I've also concluded that 1/4 of NASCAR races are done on a yellow flag....soooo many yellows...sorry, I think I'll stick to auto-x, togues, and road courses
Old 12-01-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The thing that turns me off of Nascar is that there are at least two (F1 & WRC) forms of motor sports with better drivers. The road races are a joke. Other than about 4 guys and some hired guns from other series it's down right pathetic.

It's like watching AA baseball.

There is big league money and TV deals and (from what I hear anyways) the races are a blast to go to, but it seems like an awful lot of hype for a bunch of guys who couldn't hang with the truly top flight drivers of the world.

That said, I appreciate their skill on the superspeedways though.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Okay, obviously I'm outnumbered here. But I didn't post to try and change your mind about NASCAR. If you don't like it, you don't have to like it - your opinion is as welcome as mine. But don't say something isn't a sport because you think it's boring or you think the drivers have no talent.

For a LOT of people, NASCAR is not boring and if you'd know a little more about the sport, you'd understand that there is skill and strategy involved for both crews and drivers in every race and it's different at every track. I won't go into detail because if you already don't like the sport, I'd probably bore you out of your mind.

And you aren't the first persons I've tried to defend this sport to, so everything you've all said is nothing that I haven't heard before. It's just a shame that people feel they have to bash something because they don't understand it.

It's as if a particular sport doesn't involve guys running all over a field or a court then that sport harbors no true athletes . . . which couldn't be farther from the truth.

(Oh and about F1, you talk about only four or so drivers in NASCAR that are able to be competitve on road courses . . . F1 only has about 2 - 3 drivers who ever win races on the entire circuit. Now that's boring.)
Old 12-01-2005, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought I might add to the laughing fact that a NASCRAP race ends when it starts raining!

Mind you I used to watch this stuff when I was a kid, a LOT... only to formulate my own opinion... I usually believe in "dont knock it til youve tried it"... and, well, it sucks
Old 12-01-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The NASCAR drivers who lose races on the roadcourses lose because they are awful drivers, not because they have inferior equipment.

How many drivers outside of the top NASCAR teams win races......it's not that different than F1.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by wibblywobbly
The NASCAR drivers who lose races on the roadcourses lose because they are awful drivers, not because they have inferior equipment.

How many drivers outside of the top NASCAR teams win races......it's not that different than F1.
I beg to differ. Sure, not all NASCAR drivers are excellent on road courses, but there are only two road course events in NASCAR Nextel Cup each year. So the guys that didn't have any road course experience before-hand aren't going to look too great out on the track.

And as for your second question . . . this past season, 15 different drivers won in 36 Nextel Cup events. Thats quite a bit different than the F1 ratio (although I can't say what happened in F1 this past year because I didn't follow the season). And tell me how many F1 events Michael Schumacher has won in the past few years . . . I'm guessing a bit more than double the wins of everyone else combined.

Anyway, you don't like NASCAR; I don't like F1. Whatever. No big deal. At least we can agree that we both picked a pretty good car to drive ourselves around.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt find it funny at all.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I know 15 different drivers won races, look at who was in the chase....no where near as bad as F1 though.

Anyway, you don't like NASCAR; I don't like F1. Whatever. No big deal. At least we can agree that we both picked a pretty good car to drive ourselves around.
word....