Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Why is there more well done Xbs then TC's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok...its not just me then. Thanks for input guys. I agree that I get frustrated when my scion associate with the box...lol.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

imo, xB owners generally create "styled" rides, they aren't trying to be boy racers. their mod money goes to quality suspension, wheels, ice.... whereas because scion made the tC with just enough hp that owners would want to enhance the power, tC owners try to create a "fast" ride (generally with bolt ons because they have the old civic mentality). the mod money goes to intakes, exhausts, other bolt on performance parts and less is initially available for wheels, etc.

xB owners seem to have a better relationship with their ride than tC owners because the box has way more "soul" than the tC, meaning it isn't trying to be something it isn't....the tC kind of is.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Very well-put, surfcity.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max
Very well-put, surfcity.
ty
Old 05-22-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldnt say soul, i think my tc has soul. i was looking for performance and a clean look. havnt kitted it out yet since there is limited kits on the market and the few i like are way more then i would consider paying for a "fiberglass" body kit, especially on a DD. I try to keep my installs clean
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and its not that we arent connected with our rides, because i love my car

but, xB owners put more into the show factor simply because they cannot have the go factor..

unlike the tC, we can make it very fast if we wanted too, the xB owners have a harder time doing it, im not saying it cant be done, because i have seen some very quick x's.. but its just harder.

plus, IMHO, the xB was made to be a show car, while the tC wasnt..
Old 05-22-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's cuz the everyone is trying to make the tC the next Civic. So they are rushing out all these ridiculous and ill-fitting parts. No one knows what to do. There still isn't a good looking bodykit/lip kit yet. Aftermarket is trying too hard and there is no real thought.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
ive really only seen 4-5 tc's here really look nice and have had a good selections of parts and just look/perform great.
mine is in those 4-5 tc's rite? haha. i agree with everything u said...i guess some ppl havent really been exposed to whats hot and whats not so they rice everything out.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by badseed305
ive really only seen 4-5 tc's here really look nice and have had a good selections of parts and just look/perform great.
mine is in those 4-5 tc's rite? haha. i agree with everything u said...i guess some ppl havent really been exposed to whats hot and whats not so they rice everything out.
fo shizzle J. lol defenitely one of the nicer ones ive seen. cuz that hang out we went to well...other then yours, maybe 1 looks decent. the rest. lol..

i guess im more into perfomance vs show. call me old fashioned but last time i checked chicks like fast cars that drive good not flying saucers with lights and tonka truck wheels that sound like ___.

i dunno about you guys, but when im with a girl, the last thing i want when im going home is taking more time to get home and getting down to business then bobbing my head and looking at 150 L.E.D's flashing with strobes and noen coming into the way of me getting it on lol. you could cause a girl to get dizzy or out of the mood with all those lights and bass WTF that aint romantic.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WTF that aint romantic.
say the entire post in your head in dice clay's voice, HO!. jk
Old 05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

fo shizzle J. lol defenitely one of the nicer ones ive seen. cuz that hang out we went to well...other then yours, maybe 1 looks decent. the rest. lol..

dont kid yourself, there are more decent looking tc's on here then you claim. so as far as these low numbers alot of you speak of, 4 or 5 nice tc's, stop bsing!. you sound very ignorant when you do that. first off you dont need 20k invested to have a nice tc. just gotta have good taste, and ive seen a few profiles that have some good taste.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

And, not everyone has the same idea of a nice looking tC. I want a simple car. I have the smaller antenna, 1 12" with just a complementing wattage, TRD short shifter, and tint. I've had it for 4 months and it isn't my primary focus. My focus is golf, family, friends, and work(not in that order). I'm working on passing my PAT(playing ability test) and turning pro. I just want my car to be enjoyable and clean. That is why I am not dumping hundreds and hundreds into my car.
My future mods are a quiet axleback, intake, wheels. Thats all I want to do because of my priorities.

So...don't say there aren't a lot of nice tC's just because they don't have the $5,000+ invested in them or because they can't afford the amazing bodykit, wheels, and suspension. Some people work to make money for more than just their cars and this is the same reason why most college/high school people go for the less expensive mods.

Also, most of the tC people attempt to tackle the DIY for some things that they really shouldn't(i.e. Gutter guard grilles-some look good, but most do not). Some people need to evaluate their skills before attempting a DIY.

The bottom line is..."What Moves You?" I like my car simple and clean. I'm sorry if you don't, but that is what moves ME.

Steve
Old 05-22-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PLEASE POST PICS OF NICE LOOKING WELL THOUGHT OUT TC'S UNTIL THEN! there are only a handfull. and beleive me i check this site and others daily for new pics of tc's modded. and im not ignorant by saying theres 4-5 im being real.

show me some decent tc's that dont look like rice buckets and then maybe ill give you the better end of the stick. lol
Old 05-22-2006, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PLEASE POST PICS OF NICE LOOKING WELL THOUGHT OUT TC'S UNTIL THEN! there are only a handfull. and beleive me i check this site and others daily for new pics of tc's modded. and im not ignorant by saying theres 4-5 im being real.

show me some decent tc's that dont look like rice buckets and then maybe ill give you the better end of the stick. lol
so basically out of the hundreds of members you would like me to go through each profile and post the best photos. you really are ignorant. lol
Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup

so basically out of the hundreds of members you would like me to go through each profile and post the best photos. you really are ignorant. lol
if you knew so many nice tc's then finding a few wouldn't be so hard. since you say there are so many of them.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stock tcs are nicer than most modded ones on here.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Well, I tend to be a packrat of scion pics... Any picture that inspires me to make my ride better.. Whether it be an xB, xA, tC, or anything else, I save a crapton of pics every day into a folder... I just went through it and I found 3 tC pictures out of 213 pictures.... One is the BCP bagged tC... A blue Kaminari tC, and a white tC with the "factory" body/lip kit and 19's.. And now, looking at the pics.. the only one that I believe is really "well done", to stay on topic ;), is the white one.. Now it's true that I'm partial to the xB, but hell, I had 62 xA pictures.. And all of the xA pics I have are well done xA's... Of course, most of my xB pics that I have saved are Style bB members ;P.. TheDanger, dajap... I love those 2 rides.. All the stages that bBoxd went through, they were all great... Even mildly modified xBs have something about them that just makes them look great (SmokingTires)...

It just seems to me that xB owners put more of themselves into their rides... Now, I'm not saying EVERY xB owner.. I've seen some tasteless xBs on the forum here, lots of them... But they don't seem to overpower the amount of nice rides like you see with the tCs..

I love the tC, I think it's a great car... I also think that it has great potential... But I still haven't seen even one tC that just jumps out of the screen at you like so many of the xB's on scionlife do, which is what this topic is all about.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Originally Posted by SSM_tC
How is Springfield, Ralph? ;P
Old 05-22-2006, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by xBassist
Originally Posted by SSM_tC
How is Springfield, Ralph? ;P
It tastes...... Burrrniiing !!

Honestly though, it's not for lack of trying. There is just such a limited amount of mods out there for tCs as opposed to xBs.

In the frustration between Flakey and slow manufacturers, I'm pretty much stuck with trying to get custom crap made for my ride. And we all know how expensive/time-consuming that could be.

We tC owners are trying, we really are. Regardless though.... whoever said it was a competition? I thought we were all one community against THEM (Them being ricers of any creed, color or manufacturer)

Quick Reply: Why is there more well done Xbs then TC's?