Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Why are you not a loyal soccer fan?
-game is low scoring
7.69%
-no domestic tradition/too new
15.38%
-too difficult to understand
0%
-just don't like it
26.92%
-no real good domestic teams
3.85%
-I AM a loyal fan
46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Why are you not a loyal soccer fan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

im kinda hoping it doesnt catch on in the united states. lke you said above, many of the sports in the u.s. are bastardized with insane amoutns of money and advertising. soccer is not about that stuff.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't watch Soccer because it isn't a sport. It isn't a sport because the French are good at it and if the French are good at it, it isn't a sport.

j/k but really if the French can beat America at it that means we arn't really trying.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

because.. korean people. there's this korean community around here... other cultures will understand.... and i was just sick and tired of people coming over and watching the game.. and getting all wound up... once korea lost and fell out... i was kind of glad.. because that shut them up good. next day ... you don't hear a word about soccer.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jeffrgunn23
I don't watch Soccer because it isn't a sport. It isn't a sport because the French are good at it and if the French are good at it, it isn't a sport.
j/k but really if the French can beat America at it that means we arn't really trying.
Originally Posted by chrischoi
because.. korean people. there's this korean community around here... other cultures will understand.... and i was just sick and tired of people coming over and watching the game.. and getting all wound up... once korea lost and fell out... i was kind of glad.. because that shut them up good. next day ... you don't hear a word about soccer.
wtf? i hope those were tongue in cheek and even if they were, they were pretty brutal. i mean blaming an entire nationality for the reason soccer won't catch on in america? that's like blaming southerners and all their "yeehas!" for why nascar won't ever catch F1 in ratings in northern and western states like california or new york. it's just absurd; we all know it's just the incessant left turn.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40
wtf? i hope those were tongue in cheek and even if they were, they were pretty brutal. i mean blaming an entire nationality for the reason soccer won't catch on in america? that's like blaming southerners and all their "yeehas!" for why nascar won't ever catch F1 in ratings in northern and western states like california or new york. it's just absurd; we all know it's just the incessant left turn.

haha i kind of agree with the uhh first comment about American isn't really trying to be total BS haha. yeah you're probably just messing around, but hey, France does some things better than us, so you gotta give them some credit ...

as for the korean remark, i can relate as i am asian, taiwanese to be exact (and judging by the sig, you're korean). it's good to see that koreans are picking up on their sometimes frustrating self-indulgence, as it's been pointed out to me by some of my korean and non-korean friends alike. especially when it comes to soccer or sports in general, they get all riled up and jump on the bandwagon. then they totally ignore or stop caring about the event once their team/nation has been eliminated or lost. it's just disappointing that one loses the bigger picture ... no offense to koreans out there, i love koreans. esp their food and girls
Old 07-13-2006, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As if baseball is a sport.
Don't forget, France has always been an ally and played a role in the liberation of the US from the Brits. French bashing is not called for. What is wrong with being lovers and not fighters?
Old 07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OH MY GOD. Are you guys serious? It was a joke. Some people really need a sense of humor. Besides come on the French arn't really people, its not like they have souls.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40

NASCAR isn't a sport either. I am not blaming the french for not watching Soccer, its just one of many good reasons why soccer is not a sport. Excecpt the head butt in that last game of the world cup. The only fight the French have won since Napolean!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, I would not categorize NASCAR, golf or even baseball a sport.
Only because athletisism level is very low...