Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Why you should never shop at Wal-Mart Again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i work for the mart, crappy place to work where they put out 50 ,60 people greeters out to get carts while all the mangers just stand there doing nothing, once i get out of collage i'm getting the out of there and its true that there health care sucks, i got injured over there and the only thing they have to say is get back to work..........sry kinda ranted there lol
Old 03-28-2008, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait.....wtf is H.E.B?
Old 03-28-2008, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by silverstreaktc
wait.....wtf is H.E.B?
HEB is a Grocery store that was started in Texas....They have grown and still offer a huge variety at low costs..

I posted this not trying to recruit people to stop shooping At wal-mart...even though it may seem that way.
i shopped at wal-mart, but after this story....I just cant see myself continuing to give them my buisiness.
Yeah...one person wont make a diff to them....hell thousands of people probably wont affect them.....but the moral value of tellin them to f*ck off is what counts to me. Thats fine if you want to continue to shop there......and I understand money issues and it is hard to pass up their lo prices...and I never would. i would sit my a$$ in line for an hour just to save money. It seems they need since they are willing to take what is rightfully theirs to take according to the fine print.......But i for one dont see it as right and actually they dont HAVE to take it back.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...ef=videosearch
Old 03-28-2008, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciontCya
Originally Posted by duck_dodgers_24_5
i'm going shopping there tomorrow for my oil change and tire rotation
While you're there, have them wax your vagina too!

WOW
Old 03-28-2008, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

buy a jack set and do it yourself! it'll be cheaper in the long run and you won't have to buy any wax!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Metro273
Unfortunately, they have Walmart-exclusive Hotwheels that I MUST buy from them cause I'm not paying the eBayers over-inflated prices for them...sorry!
Other than that, Target gets my hard-earned $$$...
x2

The sad thing is, everybody in the south shop at that hell-whole, and sam club is next to a wal-of____?!?! why do you need to be back to back?

Even there a wal-of____ in China.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought Sams Club was an offshoot of Wal-Mart?

I rarely shop at Wal Mart anymore just because I don't want to anymore. That and they sell more Chinese made products than anything! Personally I'd rather pay more for products not made in China and then the fact that Wal Mart sucks
Old 03-31-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Sams Club is Wal-mart...You have to be a member to shop there so you can buy Mayo in Gallon size and Hotdogs in packs of 100
Old 03-31-2008, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I usually end up walking out of Wal-mart because THE LINES ARE TOO LONG!

Don't get mad at Wal-mart. The people have voted with their dollars, and cheap Chinese made crap wins!

If you hate Walmart, what you really hate are the stupid people who have more kids than they can afford and put themselves in debt buying useless things they don't need while driving around in 12mpg SUVs complaining that they need to "pinch every penny". You should really hate the idiots who fall for the perceived-value marketing of undercutting other stores by as little as 2 cents sometimes. "Hey, everything's cheaper at Wal-mart. So I'll burn 30 bucks worth of gas driving accross town in my Suburban so I can save a buck on each of the 30 items I plan to buy." Makes sense to me.

I don't blame Wal-mart for the way they behave. I blame the idiocracy that is our society. Sure, they treat people like sheep, but when people behave like sheep, I say, round'em up.

I feel bad for this lady, but she signed up to work for Wal-mart. If she didn't like the terms, she should look elsewhere for employment. And if you think "she had no choice but to work there because they put every other store out of business", well who do you blame for that? Wal-mart? Or the people who stopped shopping everywhere else and lined up on opening day to save a few bucks?

We live in a capitalist society, and Wal-mart, Costco, Ikea, Lowes, and McDonald's are all prime examples of that. Well oiled machines that are fine tuned to work the system. Minimize cost - Maximize profit. If you hate Wal-mart, you really need to open your eyes to everything else going on around you.

-THE DON
Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Don't get me wrong, if anyone I knows shops there, I tell them that I think THEY suck too.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never shopped a Wal-Mart before, no reason to start now. They have had numerous issues with employment laws, policies, and sex discrimination lawsuits. Not to mention they undercut prices in new regions to push out small business, then raise prices to match their other stores.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by silverstreaktc
i steal from walmart too! i don't have to cuz my bro works there and i get free stuff anyways.
Wtf are you talking about, I don't work at Walmart .

Dumbass gas attendents.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

this isnt a walmart problem ,it's an hmo problem.

almost all hmo's rape you just like this
Old 04-02-2008, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the truck company that hitted her should paid for the health care,
Shouldn't the settlement included that??
Wal-mart have the right to get the money back.
Anderson Cooper on CNN said even CNN have similar police.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by GammaTNT
the truck company that hitted her should paid for the health care,
Shouldn't the settlement included that??
Wal-mart have the right to get the money back.
Anderson Cooper on CNN said even CNN have similar police.
Thats correct..but it dosent make it right! They didnt have to sue her to get their money back, but they did so they would be treating her as equal to all their employees.
Still sucks that a women that eneded up with brain damage won a decent settlement to take care of herself and now Wal-mart wants it back.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Walmart Sucks the big one, but.....I have to go there to get my 5 quart container of Castrol Syntec 5W-30. Unfortunately nobody beats their price on that, fortunately however, this is only about every 2 months or so.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Wal-Mart has backed out and is now changing their policy
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...ef=videosearch
Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

yeah i just read about that too, im sure once it hit the news Wal Mart figured they were screwed and realized they dont need that money on top of their billions
Old 04-04-2008, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I work for Wal-Mart and I think for the most part it is a good company to work for. A lot of the problems stem from the management team at the store and how they run everything. At my store we try to take very good care of out customers and do what we can to get them in and out without standing in line for 5 mins or more. I have been in stores where you wait in line for 10 mins plus and they dont have half the stuff you need and yes its a _____ but most people dont remember it at the end of the day because life goes on.
If you dont shop at Wal-Mart then thats your choice and if your local store is a crap shack then I dont blame you but dont think that every store is like that. We have a lot of customers that come in our store and tell us that its one of the best stores they have been in and actually thank us for not having long lines. When we start to get lines backing up we are sure to get every register open for that reason. We do over 90 million a year and yes most people there dont make $20,000 a year but it is a job and they do it willingly.
For those of you that take without paying, know this. If you are caught then its up to one person to make the decision to send you to jail. If you dont have ID then you go to jail. I have sent a lot of people to jail for stealing, both customers and associates, but they all make the choice so I dont feel bad about it.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

It's not the individual stores that suck or don't suck, it's the corporation and it's practices.
You have to do what you have to do to survive, so it's not against you, but WM sucks the big one.

Quick Reply: Why you should never shop at Wal-Mart Again!