Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Wisdom Teeth

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, if you have the option, get completely put out for it. if they are impacted (growing sideways) or have some other oddity, they might have to grind the bone back a little. they had to do that on my left side bottom on, and i am so very thankful i was completely out for that.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You guys are making me worried...
So far mine don't hurt BUT the left, upper one is growing sideways. That's why I decided to start this topic.

Hmmm, what to do, what to do?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had to have mine taken out, they were giving me migraines Luckily I was knocked out and had all four removed. Not sure what meds I was taking since I was very VERY out of it lol. Learned that eating ColdStone ice cream w/sprinkles on top 2 weeks after having them removed is NOT a good idea

If they start to bother you, like an achey jaw, headaches, soreness in the back of your mouth then get them taken out. I'd say get them taken out anyways to avoid pain in the future.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow cant belive you guys had to be knocked out for this

weak sauce
Old 11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

i think its manditory if u get all 4 out to be put under
or at least thats what i herd
Old 11-09-2008, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saved mine, ill have to see if ican find them and take a pic lol
Old 11-09-2008, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^Cool! Let's see 'em...
Old 11-09-2008, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im in the army and my choices were "military dentist or civilian dentist where they will put you under", in other words there was no choice . . . im not going to military dentist unless i have to. No pain at all and no problems with healing. Get them taken out man.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I still have all four and I think 3 are impacted. The dentist told me at the time (about 6 years ago) that one in particular would start to hurt me very soon from the looks of it, and to take it out now. I wussed out, and here I am a good time later with no pain.

I am going to wait it out as long as I can.. it's not something I want to do before I feel the pain, since i'll only hurt for a day or two till I get them pulled. I'll prolong as long as I can.

One tooth is like 1cm in front of my jaw bone joint, so they said they might have to dislocate my jaw to pull it out, or dig real dip and cut away bone. Either way was going to suck. Good luck though Metro.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i am a weird one - i had 5 wisdom teeth, lol. all of which were impacted. my face was so swollen for days, and i got real sick off the meds. lol

it was h3ll for me. GL if yours are impacted. lol
Old 11-10-2008, 01:40 PM
SL Member

I had one of mine taken out on the lower left only because it was impacting my upper left second molar. now the wisdom teeth on the other side of my mouth are giving me pain and i have to make an appointment to get them handled. Should have just had them all taken out at once. Oh well. The Vicodin prescription will be worth it
Old 11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

i always bit the inside of my cheek and f*cking hurted because of those wisdom teeth. I got mine out i think about a year ago, not too sure. It was on a Thursday morning when i got it done, i was back at work Monday and Sunday i felt fine. All i needed was some Advil througout the days and i was good to go. I just had the becarefull on what i ate the next week or 2, nothing sharp like chips or anything like that to mess with the holes. Im glad i did, i dont bit my cheek anymore.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
SL Member

im getting all four of mine out in december blehhh gotta do it before they start to ache
Old 11-10-2008, 04:46 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_jon
wow cant belive you guys had to be knocked out for this

weak sauce
novcaine with me all the way cause i'm cheap
Old 11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had a cavity drilled and filled last week, the doc asked me if i was fully numb, i said yeah but i lied.

idk i liked the pain from feeling the drill, lol it's like the most pleasant-unpleasant pain ever, idk how to explain it.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

lol, weird
Old 11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i got all 4 taken out back in june. they had been hurting for a few years on and off but it really started hurting in april/may. since i had dental insurance, i decided to get it looked at. they told me that all of them were impacted and infected. they gave me some pills to take care of the infection and once it was gone, to come in and they would take them out. they gave me some knock out drugs but i was awake throughout the procedure which only took like 15 minutes. this dude was super fast. felt like he was using vice-grips to yank them out. told them i wanted to keep my teeth and they are huge. i remember them walking me down the hallway to my mom waiting in the car to take me home and then i woke up in bed. i couldnt talk worth a dam and all i wanted to do was sleep. they gave me hydrocodone for the pain. GREAT HAPPY PILLS imo. i had it done on monday and i was at work on wednesday. i couldnt eat anything for a good while since its discouraged so you dont get dry socket but also because of the pain. you cant really open your mouth all that wide. 2 weeks after i got it done, i could stick 2 fingers in my mouth. once the taste of blood was out of my mouth and i was able to eat more solid foods it was great. no more pain. you still have to wash out your mouth after you eat since you get a lot of food stuck in the holes. make sure to do that very well before you go to bed. there have been times where i wasnt able to get all of it out and the next morning, i had the worst taste in my mouth from the rotten food stuck in the holes. took about 2 months for the holes to fill in.

its not all that painful if you do what they tell you to do. most of the pain is in the 1st week.

oh yea, its a great way to lose weight too. i think i lost 15-20 lbs, but i gained it back.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Since I read/replied to this topic, it's making my wisdom teeth sensitive to touch and biting. LOL

Thanks, now here in about a week i'm going to have to make an appointment. My mind is screwing with me
Old 11-11-2008, 12:52 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i had my third one out a couple weeks later i spit out my stitches heh

don't ask me why but i smelled 'em and it smelled like poo i was like htf why does it smell like poo for
Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Some of the stories you guys are telling me are scaring the crap out of me!
I have this feeling that mine will need to come out...soon!...

Quick Reply: Wisdom Teeth