Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Working out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jealous. I swear I have like $2000 worth of jeans in my closet that I can't fit into anymore cuz they're size 0's.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
Originally Posted by Scott8

size 0 is way to small. Women are suppose to be curvy
also when I'm 6 foot 218... you don't want to roll over in bed and kill your size 0 wife

I wear a size 0... The largest size I can wear is 1-- but hey I am 4'9" so I mean....its proportioned and I don't look like I live on one almond a day. lol
size 0 is a size... depnds on bone structure, and muscle devolpment if size 0 is correct for you.

A lot of times clients of mine want to fit into a size too small for them. or the "I need to weigh 105lbs again.... Totally wrong for most people to aim for a size or a pound to be at.

If you look good in a mirror, or look good naked , then your doing something right. I think I look the best at 210 for my body. Granted I gained some weight when my wife was prego, but ice cream and her cravings did taste good
Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
Jealous. I swear I have like $2000 worth of jeans in my closet that I can't fit into anymore cuz they're size 0's.
you should send them to the size 0 on here

Talk about a couple of "Spinners"
Old 08-29-2008, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heck no! Haha, I'll fit into them again some day ^_^
Old 08-29-2008, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
Heck no! Haha, I'll fit into them again some day ^_^
Workout plan????
Old 08-29-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In due time! I used to live at the gym a couple yrs back, right before I got into the scion scene. I went from 143 pounds to 98 pounds in a pretty short period of time. My life revolved around working out.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol I still do live at the gym-- literally. I brought (or shall I say bought) the gym home to me I have an elliptical machine and a stationary bike in my room along with small weights and this strange "ab building" machine as well =] one hour a day and I haven't gained a pound in like 5 years (granted I haven't grown either hahahaha)
Old 08-29-2008, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

The most important key to working out is knowing that everyone is different and that you can't always use everyone elses plans for working out. Part of exercise is discovering how your body reacts to a particular work out. Cardio is always a good start because it gets your blood pumping. As for lifting, I enjoy eccentrics, which is your force against gravity (i.e. bench press, counting to 3 on the downward part of the rep). The importing thing to remember is form and structure. Good luck
Old 08-29-2008, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

what brands you have at home?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The elliptical is a Reebok, the bike I believe is a ProForm (I could be wrong since this is my 3rd stationary bike haha) and the ab machine I have no idea—I thought it was odd, so I really don’t use it much- I prefer regular old fashioned crunches/sit ups on the floor hehe

If I had the space and the money, I would have bought a Precor elliptical (I love those) but if I remember correctly, they were around $3,000-$5,000 each and they were larger than the one I got…
Old 08-29-2008, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The elliptical is a Reebok, the bike I believe is a ProForm (I could be wrong since this is my 3rd stationary bike haha) and the ab machine I have no idea—I thought it was odd, so I really don’t use it much- I prefer regular old fashioned crunches/sit ups on the floor hehe

If I had the space and the money, I would have bought a Precor elliptical (I love those) but if I remember correctly, they were around $3,000-$5,000 each and they were larger than the one I got…
the good stuff cost a lot, but you'll use it for 15-30 years in a home enviroment.

I presonally hate precor since the ramp hurts my knees
Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really?? Oh man, I used to Looooove the precor but being in college, I really couldn't afford to shell out $4000 for one haha So I got the Reebok which was only like $700 with my company discount =]

But I do agree-- the expensives ones would be a good investment, especially for me since I use it religiously lol
Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Really?? Oh man, I used to Looooove the precor but being in college, I really couldn't afford to shell out $4000 for one haha So I got the Reebok which was only like $700 with my company discount =]

But I do agree-- the expensives ones would be a good investment, especially for me since I use it religiously lol
Your reebok is really a ProForm with a different sticker on it....

We get them in since people tend to fall off the wagon and stop using the machine for a while. the machines parts start to setlle. then you start working out again and the machine breaks on you.

So keep on using it and you should be okay!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Working out and getting fit Is about 3 main things, Exercise(both kinds), diet, Rest

Everyone will see dif. results.

you should never lift weights everyday of the week. Your muscles wont have time to rebuild, therefor you will be destroying the previous workout if that makes sense.
Exercise:
Try and set up like
m-bi's/tri's, squats(which is almost a full body workout)
t-running/biking
w-back and shoulders,
t-running/biking
f-legs bi's/tri's,
s/s rest or biking/running

find 4-5 dif ab work outs and alternate everyday

you need to rest muscles to rebuild.

DIET:
Muscle milk is a great shake you can use as a meal replacement or just an add on. My older brother is very skinny and trying to gain weight, so he adds it with a meal, I am larger and trying to get cut, so I use it as a meal replacement.

Try and eat every other hour. if you have a sub for lunch, eat half now, and half in an hour or so..

Drink water, average men should drink 3lts a day. dont drink soda, juice, Gatorade(unless your doing a long sport)

Try drinking light beer if any, stay away from sugar/girly drinks

Eat a well balanced diet. High protien, low fat, do not skip on carbs.

Eat B-fast with in the first hour of being awake along with 20 oz of water with in first 30 min, that will get your metabolism running

dont eat with in 3 hours before bed

try to eat carbs early in the day and protien threw out.

peanut butter (the natural power workout food) chicken, turkey, nuts(almonds cashews) tuna(dont eat more than 3.5 cans a week=mercury poisoning), fish, greens, eggs(try eat beaters, low fat and no cholesterol) multi grain breads(stay away from whites high starch content) Eat fruit early in the day(high natural sugars=take awhile to break down)

Have one day thats free.. take note of what you eat, but let your self go a little, this is a must to keep you sain and on a solid diet

Clif bars are an awesome tasty energy bar for snacks

Rest: Get a good night sleep every night. If you feel tierd, take a nap, rest inbetween work outs, dont push your self. dont work out for more than an hour doing the same thing, unless your biking or training to be a olympian

Those are just a few things i followed. I was 240lbs(40 waist) im 6ft, I now weigh 170 (32 waist) and am pretty built and working my way to being cut.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

over training your legs with the above program
Old 08-29-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your reebok is really a ProForm with a different sticker on it....

We get them in since people tend to fall off the wagon and stop using the machine for a while. the machines parts start to setlle. then you start working out again and the machine breaks on you.

So keep on using it and you should be okay!!!
lol Thanks for the tip! The only time I don't use it is when I'm reeaaallly sick (so maybe like 2 days it will sit, the longest hahah)
Old 08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

let me know if you ever want the good stuff!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

over training your legs with the above program
Not at all, thats running/biking 2-3 days a week with squats one day.. My friend is a body builder, he runs/bikes every day along with leg work outs two times a week

Also if you have time, try splitting up into 2 day work outs.. morning and evening

This is a good one to follow, simple and basic, worked for him, he use to be a stick
http://www.sixpacknow.com/ryan_reynolds_workout.html
Old 08-29-2008, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

so runnning and biking don't tear down the muscle and not let it recoupe???

Also, your buddy my have a lot higher tolerances then most beginners that are training. if anything I would do squats on monday and friday, or do lunges or leg presses instead of the same movement. doing the same thing over and over is a waste of time
Old 08-29-2008, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

and I don't know anyone who has time to go to the gym 2 times a day!!!! I barely have time to sleep let alone drive to the gym 2 times a day

Good concept, but unless you are a movie star and have nothing to do except train, then the program won't stay and you won't get results from your training.

Quick Reply: Working out.