Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Would you say it's time for me to quit my job?...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Would you say it's time for me to quit my job?...

basically i called out the other night because i was sick and i called out 11 hours ahead of when i was supposed to come into work. one of the supervisors calls me later that night like u have to come to work or you will be being insubordinate i'm like da hizzell cuz my coworker was having a party the same night and i had said i was gonna go but i couldn't find anyone to cover my shift but then i got food poisoning so she basically said i was a liar and i was calling out to go to the party. i'm like look i'm sick i'm not coming into work. call it what u will but MY supervisor already said it was fine. so she's like well ur supervisor doesn't know the situation i'm like okay well then i will tell her. so i called MY supervisor and she once again said fine even after i explained the situation.

i then find out today that another supervisor showed up at my coworker's party (which was a birthday party for her sister at a club) trying to find me but she was at the wrong club (cuz the party was at the club upstairs) and she couldn't of gotten in anyway cuz it was invite only. i'm like that is ridiculousness forreal. that's like showing up at my house to make sure i'm really home. and isn't it illegal to deny someone sick time if they call out in advance and have a doctor's note (which i got the next day)
Old 08-13-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i work at the four seasons hotel here in miami. your supervisors arent allowed to question why you are sick or ask you for a note. HR is the one that takes care of those situations. they shouldnt have given you such a hard time about it. id take it to HR
Old 08-13-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you actually told your boss 'da hizzell', then yes its time to quit.

On the other hand, you have a doctors note so its not like anything bad will happen.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no i actually didn't say "da hizzell" i was just like well i'm not coming in so take it as you will lol and yeah i do have a doctors note but i bet u they will try to write me up or something anyway *Sigh*
Old 08-13-2006, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If u dont enjoy your Job just QUIT!!!....or you just like it cuz you make Bank???
Old 08-13-2006, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like my job and i love my paycheck but i don't like the bs that goes along with my job because the uppers never seem to have it together like the rest of my coworkers and i do
Old 08-14-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the words: World, Land, Mart or Barn are anywhere in the title of your work place. or if your work place has anything to do with the phrase "Drive through please", then yea, its time to quit.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Don't some insurance company's spy on people to see if they
are really injured as they supposedly say they are if it's a
work related injury?

I think I saw that on tv.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by ryphlex
Don't some insurance company's spy on people to see if they
are really injured as they supposedly say they are if it's a
work related injury?

I think I saw that on tv.

Yes there is and it's a big time offense with some good time (in the big house) if caught. But yeah if the employer notices something is up they'll let the insurance know and they have they're own PI's.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i could see that if i was claiming i was injured but i just called in sick so i don't think that's worth all the hoopla but i'm calling human resources in a few mins so we shall see
Old 08-14-2006, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I can see where the where they're coming from, because there are alot of idiot employees who don't take their jobs seriously and lie to get off work. But they took it too far. They need to have some trust in their employees otherwise the nother can get done in the workplace.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If u write a formal complaint to HR u need to be sure and not run all of your words together and but not really have yr facts straight into one concise form that you can present to then not like yr post.

Management usually doesn't have a clue about the day to day workings. They have been promoted to their level of incompetence.

If you've missed a lot of time, or if they're not happy with your performance, they will find another way to get rid of you.

I would look for another job.

That's life!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SylentAngel
i like my job and i love my paycheck but i don't like the bs that goes along with my job because the uppers never seem to have it together like the rest of my coworkers and i do
Uhm yeah, welcome to the real world. If you don't have a talent for creating something that is marketable, or if you are not insanely trained in a field you love, then this is what you have to go through to pay the bills and build a future for yourself.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well obviously if i was going to write a formal complaint i wouldn't use my "internet writing" lol

and yeah i'm seeing that except for the fact that my job is one of the jobs where i would expect to see some competence considering we work with kids who come from abusive homes who have pyschiatric and behavioral issues and the staff really needs to have it together if they are going to take care of the kids. but oh well. i called hr today and they directed me to call the compliance officer who basically said take it up with ur supervisor. so no help there. then i get a phone call from my coworker who was at work who tells me that the compliance officer came to the the building and talked to the divisional operations manager (who is basically the head honcho if not holding the head honcho title) not even 10 seconds after i got off the phone with him. good times good times..
Old 08-15-2006, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AFAIK, it is illegal for a supervisor/superior to ask you personal questions related to your reasoning for not showing up to work. You can provide them with all of the info that YOU want to, but a simple, "I won't be in today." is all that they need for just one day.

I don't remember the specifics of why it is illegal- something related to your privacy and healthcare records?
Old 08-16-2006, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dunno but i sure did get fired when i came into work tonight lmao oh well i'm not upset or surprised cuz i was going to quit anyway and i will be calling all sorts of people to complain tommorrow as well
Old 08-16-2006, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't bother. Time to move on. Complain as to what happened to you, or LOOK AHEAD!

Always forward. Never back.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just be sure to call OSHA and leave them a little going away present......Hazardous cleaning chemicals and depressed children...hmmmmmmmm
Old 08-16-2006, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldmanatee
Just be sure to call OSHA and leave them a little going away present......Hazardous cleaning chemicals and depressed children...hmmmmmmmm
the sad part is that's a true enough statement. we have boxes of cleaning supplies upstairs that the kids have access to if they are really that pressed as well as a bunch of other things that I have noticed oh well.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Serious business, call them... you get fired for no reason...then here you go, I got a little sumpin for you.....