Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

WTF is a coconut center?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Default WTF is a coconut center?

So I was watching Surviorman and dude cracks open a coconut and pulls out this ball, acting like it's normal. He called it a coconut center and he ate it like an apple. I'm far from a coconut pro, but I've never heard of anything like this, neither has google. I always thought they were hollow.

Anyone know what he's talking about?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:20 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

surviorman is a crummy show...

man vs wild is way better then that other show

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut <<< that tells nothing of a coconut center ball
Old 10-23-2007, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Yea, I like man vs wild better too... he's more entertaining to watch.
Here's the vid.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gLwINQ2Rrx4
At 1.40 he busts it open. But he also opens ones without it... I don't understand.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Hey now, Less Stroud, is way better than that retard Bear Gryls, or whatever that tard's name is.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

lol that was weird hahaha..but if u listen the video does say there are MANY stages of a coconut mabe they do have that center when there still baby coconuts lol....
Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 AM
1AZ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i agree les is way better than bear its called man vs wild not man and a hand full of tv crew vs wild . les does everything by his self !!!!!!in some cases two or three times to go get his cameras!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

lol, bear freakin eats trail mix while he is "wandering the wilderness", survivorman is the real deal! or at least more so than man vs wild
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I do appreciate that Les doesn't use every opportunity to take his clothes off.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

probably a late stage coconut that is ready to fall and plant a new tree that is probably the actual part that develops the new tree.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

honestly in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, besides everyone knows chuck norris could own both of them and nature itself. oh and for the record man vs wild is by far better.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

fine, wiki it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_vs_wild

# Grylls admitted wearing a flotation device in the pilot episode to ride down a river in a staged shot, citing safety reasons. He claimed that he was displeased with the decision, which came from Discovery producers, and has since been able to avoid the use of such devices.[16]
# The director of the Desert Island episode, Graham Strong, noted that a diver was at hand who checked for sharks while Bear was adrift (he did not spot the tigers, only reef sharks), and that "we" beat on the raft to scare the tiger sharks away.
# In the Copper Canyon, Mexico episode, director Scott Tankard says that the local Indian tribe, the Rarámuri Indians, acted as their guides.[17]
# According to the survival consultant for the show's Sierra Nevada and Desert Island episodes, Mark Wienart of Lifesong Adventures, the "wild" horses in the Sierra Nevada episode were shipped in for a choreographed feature.[18][19][11]
# The Desert Island raft was not made by Bear; it was made by a team of people over a week and a half, using rope, and was disassembled for Bear to put together on camera.[20][19][11]
# Crew members simulated molten lava by using smoke machines and hot coals. The smoke machines were used to simulate poisonous sulphur dioxide, though Grylls was not in fact facing real danger.[6]
# Hiring a man in a bear suit because they could not get a tame bear, running the show with a "script" (with scheduled scenes such as "Scene 10 - Grizzly Attacks Camp"), pretending that a snake found dead on the side of a road was alive, eating steak inside a badger skin, and hoisting Bear into a tree to make it look like his parachute "snagged".
* In the Everglades episode, Bear admits that the crew helped him to build his shelter.
* In the Iceland episode, Bear admits that the dead sheep was left by a local farmer so that he could use it for a demonstration.
* In the Mexico episode, Bear admits that he used climbing equipment during a climb, and that the trout he caught was placed there by the crew.
* In the Ecuador episode, Bear admits that the crew helped him to build the ladder, and that he slept indoors.
* In the Scotland episode, Bear admits that the rabbit was placed there by the crew, and Bear was close to civilization.
* In the Sierra Nevada episode, Bear admits that the crew helps him to build a raft.
Wow, how cool...
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL...I haven't seen every episode, but at least Bear seems to know how to catch or find food. In the show's I've seen, poor Les just kind of starves for a week until it's over.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

boy i just love it how i started this flame war...

boy, its just TV ppl for our entertainment purpose's only
Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Bear always finds food because, BBC places the fish in the stream, or leave a dead squirrel somehwere and he just happens to stumble upon it.

Now dont get me wrong i def respect Bear for what he has done outside of the show, I could never do that. But on the show, he is just a puss. a camera crew, safety equipment, life vests, what a panzy.

Now Less, he just goes out there and makes it as if it were a real situation, so you can learn something. And he does get food, but since it isnt placed there for him, he has to try and find it in the real world.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TOP GEAR FTW!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Bird
Bear always finds food because, BBC places the fish in the stream, or leave a dead squirrel somehwere and he just happens to stumble upon it.

Now dont get me wrong i def respect Bear for what he has done outside of the show, I could never do that. But on the show, he is just a kitty. a camera crew, safety equipment, life vests, what a panzy.

Now Less, he just goes out there and makes it as if it were a real situation, so you can learn something. And he does get food, but since it isnt placed there for him, he has to try and find it in the real world.
Yeah...that's a good point. I just thought it was kind of funny to see the differences between the two shows. We had seen Bear's show a few times before we saw the one with Less. When my wife came in and saw me watching the one with Less she asked, "Isn't that a different guy?". I said, "Yeah...It's a different show. But this guy kinda sucks at it." But, in all fairness, if he is actually doing it all on his own and Bear wasn't, then that's why it seemed that way I guess.