Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

xA, xB, tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:02 AM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default xA, xB, tC

Ok im at a mid teen life crisis but i have no idea which car i want xA xB or tC ive thought about some pros n cons but they all are equal really so can yall help me heres the pros n cons

xA
Pros:
Cheap as hell
fully loaded or at least what i want is as much as tC stock
hella moddable
limited production
cons:
easily moveable by wind
gotta really mod it up to actually look uber sexy (in some cases)
thats all i have for now

xB
Pros:
Christening gigidy gigidy gigidy goo
hella room for audio equipment
lotta room for storage
low center of gravity
Cons
Too many punks dissing its body style
slowish
ummm thats all I got

tC
Pros:
looks awesome
faster than the others (sorta)
kick ___ gass mileage compared to other cars
wow thats all i have
Cons:
heavy
hatchback
squeeks like a mug
blindspot galore
sticky manual tranny
kinda more expensive than others but cheap for a car in its class
kinda bad rep from what ive red on here
well thats what i have any suggestions changes, agrees i just need some more opinions until i make the choice of what car i actually want
if i could i'd buy all three
oh yea and also i was building an xA and i saw what looks like a screen on te bottom dash of the xA do all of them have that?
Old 12-07-2006, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

depending on your driving style, the tc doesn't get great mpg, and that little screen is just a cover for the cubby.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:58 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

umm how did you drive when you got your first car i probably drive like that would it get me good gass mileage then?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my first car was a big heavy 1995 4wd ford explorer limited, curb weight, 4189 pds with a 4.0 liter v6 making 160 hp and 225 torque with a 4 speed auto. not a very nimble vehicle, brakes were very underpowered, and it had super sloppy auto leveling air ride suspension. it hangled like a boat. when i got it from my dad, the on board computer said the average mpg was 17 mpg. i drove it very carefully because it was so terribly slow and had bad brakes so it stopped better, and i began driving faster, got like 15 mpg. i replaced the brakes which made a great improvement. then i pumped it up alittle with a k&n performance intake, granatelli maf, bbk throttle body spacer and throttle body, and a jet computer chip and ended up getting like 12 mpg because it was always flogging that gas pedal.

anyway, the tc's gears are too short to get good mpg if like exploring the upper half of your speedo. on my commute, in the morning when the road is empty and i'm flying at about 90 to 110 mph, i calculated that i get 17 mpg. on the way back when there is more traffic and i can't go much faster than 70 mph, i calculated that i'm getting over 30. on city streets, i tend to turn every intersection into a redlight race, my mpg isn't so great.

if your concerned about mpg, get the xa or xb, they have smaller engines and taller gears so even if you drive hard, it can't consume as much gas as a tc.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You really have to decide what style you like as well.
Are you looking for a funky little car? a funky boxy car? a stylish coupe?

Do you often have more than 2 people in your car? I love my tC completely but the back seat is not so easy to get people in and out of.

I find that the gas mileage of the tC is ok, not stellar... but ok. I get between 22 and 26 mpg but I have also turbo'ed mine.

I think that for me, the xB and xA really just don't have enough power, but neither did the stock tC! lol.

It all comes down to what is the most important thing for you. Looks, money, etc
Old 12-08-2006, 07:58 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i dont care about looks because i like all the scions but i think ill be driving on the street more than the highway. i want something that handles like a bumblebee but i want something with alot of pep zooming off the stop light/sign.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZTC
i dont care about looks because i like all the scions but i think ill be driving on the street more than the highway. i want something that handles like a bumblebee but i want something with alot of pep zooming off the stop light/sign.
Wait for the 08 xB. Trust me on this one.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

teen mid life crisis?
Old 12-09-2006, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The xB has odd styling but is a trendy vehicle these days. They look awesome when they are tricked out.

The xA is alright. Don't really like how the radio unit mounts on the dash but overall a nice looking fastback.

The tC is sexy. Gas mileage however is not as good as the other models.

What attracted me to the tC were the engine displacement, suspension setup, 17'wheels, roomy cockpit, and an array of standard features. The styling is what attracted me most. It almost looks like a $30K car.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:52 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

when will the o8 boxes be out?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mid June. But you'll know all about them by the end of January. Maybe a lot sooner, depends on what gets leaked from HIN.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:43 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

k thanks i think i might just do that if my dad doesnt buy me a car before that time
Old 12-09-2006, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

08 xB will be a fat bastard family mobile.

get an xa. body kit , wheels , suspension , supercharger.

about 4-7 grand . your xa will look sweet , get better gas mileage than a tc , or the replacemento xb . be faster than a tc and replacement xb .

be unique. and you will show the xA the love that it deserves.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I was just 15 and schmucking around, I'd get the xA cause it's sexy... or can be sexy real cheap. I think the xA looks the best after mods. The box is practical, nice ride height (even lowered), and is the easiest vehicle on the planet to drive, park, etc. It's so easy to drive that you should never be the one causing an accident. That means you're a victim, but hey... The tC will probably make your friends go oooh and aaah the most... because it looks EXACTLY LIKE other cars that make teens go oooh and aaah. Good luck
Old 12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, heres my experience, i own a tC; after several mods, all suspension and now wheels, every md i have done has ended up hurting my wallet times two. Why, i donno, this car hates being modded! I have owned in the past, a 2000 Civic Si, a slammed Nissan hardbody truck, an SR20 powered 240SX and an Acura Legend....all my cars were built up and i had no problems with any of them!!!!! the tC, i only have springs, sway bars, strut bars and wheels, and a downpipe, and it creaks and moans around every curve....People often think that the car is comin apart when i drive. Also it gets awful gas mileage and not much power unless you opt for the supercharger but seeing as how your only 15 that probably wil not be an option...Another thing on my hate list for my car, is the worst transmission in the entire world. Good luck goin fast, the syncros are so grabby that shifting from any gear is a task all of its own.

My little brother had an xB for awhile, he modded it up some, exhaust wheels and sprigs and a huge stereo! I loved his car, i felt stupid for buying the tC after riding with him. And the four door and backseat kicked ___ for what it was. He eventually got rid of it for a dodge ram but he regrets it everyday.

My friend has an xB now, and its stock,m but it is so roomy i love it, and now we take his car everywhere beacuse the tC makes us feel claustrophobic and it makes me paranoid to drive because of all of the crazy random chassis noises.

Overall i pick the xA! everytime i see one i'm like man that car would look so hot if....

soorrrrry i rant, but i have a love/hate relationship with my tC, as in, love it 10%/hate it 90% of the time.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:26 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the xA isn't exactly "Hella Moddable"
Old 12-10-2006, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Got no problems with my tC. But, I was not expecting it to be something more than just a cheap sport compact. Have no illusions about that ;)

But, I want an xB every time I see one. The grass really IS greener on the other side. Always
Old 12-10-2006, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have a tC , the mileage and power are decent for its price. But if you are planning to mod, I'd say go for an xA to be original and get more for a lower price point (i think).
Old 12-10-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

15-first car. I'd go for the XA. Easier to handle and see out of compared to the XB & TC.

Probably be a lower insurance payment then the others as well.

And still a fun car to drive.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

theres enough xB's and tC's out there so why not an xA