Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Are you f*cking kidding me....!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bush !
Old 04-22-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

blame it on our POS prez a shill for the oil companies
Old 04-22-2008, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I started filling up at half tank so it doesn't seem as bad at the time (I know it ends up being the same, but whatever) Hahaha.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad my xD has a small tank! I do feel your guys' pain though
Old 04-22-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Are you f*cking kidding me....!!

Originally Posted by Yanki01
Geeze, this is cheap as hell. I'm jealous.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by PRODIGY3000
What happens when you elect oil-magnates into the oval office? Oil and gas both are at all time high's.

Mission Accomplished!
It has nothing to do with the fact that china and india are increasing thier oil comsomption by ten's of thousands of barrells every day. No it is just Bush's fault. As I say, blame Bush, it sure beats thinking.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
SL Member

I am installing a Mr. Fusion so I can use leftovers in my tank
Old 04-22-2008, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
I started filling up at half tank so it doesn't seem as bad at the time (I know it ends up being the same, but whatever) Hahaha.

lol I do the same! I fill up at half a tank and pay around $20-$26 and it feels less painful

that and I always like to use the pump where a Yukon or lifted 4 door Silverado just left so I can compare my cost to their $98 fillup
Old 04-22-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by javastan
What happens when you elect oil-magnates into the oval office? Oil and gas both are at all time high's.

Mission Accomplished!
It has nothing to do with the fact that china and india are increasing thier oil comsomption by ten's of thousands of barrells every day. No it is just Bush's fault. As I say, blame Bush, it sure beats thinking.
Those of you who want to blame Bush or the war for the price of gas really need to educate yourselves. You have no idea how stupid you make yourself appear when you honestly think that the President has ANYTHING to do with the price of gas.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Are you f*cking kidding me....!!

Originally Posted by RodC
Originally Posted by Yanki01
Geeze, this is cheap as hell. I'm jealous.
+1

Gas hasn't been that cheap in weeks!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

paid premium 3.87
Old 04-22-2008, 05:53 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a

Mission Accomplished!
Those of you who want to blame Bush or the war for the price of gas really need to educate yourselves. You have no idea how stupid you make yourself appear when you honestly think that the President has ANYTHING to do with the price of gas.
if colonel sanders was elected pres and the price of fried chicken tripled in less than 8 yrs, i might be suspicious...
Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really wonder how high gas prices will have to climb in order to see a drop-off in SUVs on the road... Because as stated above, you still see TONS of SUVs around with one person inside. I have 2 friends, single guys with no kids, who both drive 7 passenger SUVs with big rims.

When will it end? $10 a gallon? Right now it costs about $100 to fill up these gas guzzlers, but people keep driving them.

-THE DON
Old 04-22-2008, 06:03 PM
SSQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HMRNBOX
Originally Posted by matt_a

Mission Accomplished!
if colonel sanders was elected pres and the price of fried chicken tripled in less than 8 yrs, i might be suspicious...
Problem with that is you would have to look at other information as well, and find out exactly why the chicken price went up. If you use your logic, which seems like a severe case of cognitive tunneling, then America will have not a single good president. Face it, crap happens, and unless you elect God as your president, it would be hard to solve by any human.

Are the Chinese and Indians comsuming more fried chicken, thereby increasing the demand? Is the chicken reserve in the world limited and facing peak production? Is the currency of your country devalued to a point where chicken producers have to charge you more to remain profitable? And is your government having to borrow money, in order to support the wasteful living style of your country, thereby reducing the purchasing power of your once greatest (still is, but just not as great) country?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

haha i still feel lucky here in tx when it comes to gas prices, 3.65 for 93 octane when others pay 4+ on regular
Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

is this the cry baby thread? lol. i use premium and i dont complain. i fill $50 a week. deal with it. europe has it worse.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

not a cry baby thread but its worth for a discussion.. gas prices is going up fast high and its not that we cant afford to buy gas but it coz it also affects the economy.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Things that are partially responsible (not a complete list) --

1) Environmentalists. By not allowing the construction of a new refinery in the LAST 30 F'ING YEARS, there is very little way to increase local supplies of refined gasoline, since our refineries are working at 95% + capacity on a daily basis.

2) ENVIRONMENTALISTS. Who prevent the exploration and usage of local reserves. Anwar ? Oh no... that'll ____ of caribou. Even the Alaskans want us to drill there.

3) Government... Who taxes at least 40 cents per every gallon of gas bought. Think they'll ever cut that back? Oh hell no.

4) Weak american dollar... partially on the fact we're $4 trillon in debt, and partially because we dish out BILLIONS in FREE money under the guise of "economic aid" to African warlords who reject the bribe and kill the helpless anyway.

5) Venezuela, who decided to go Commie, instead of providing us with a non-middle eastern source.

6) Canada, who provides us with 40% of our oil, and sends all the profits to their FAILING socialized healthcare.

and the list goes on... but i have no time...
Old 04-22-2008, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol 3.44 a gallon would be awesome. I paid 3.89 for regular today... i didnt realize it was that expensive but i didnt have a choice since i was almost out. I only bought 20 dollars worth
Old 04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE_DON
I really wonder how high gas prices will have to climb in order to see a drop-off in SUVs on the road...
Good question. it is obvoius (at least in San Diego) that the current price is not high enough to cut back on the number of SUVs on the road. My guess is that it will have to hit at least $5/gal, and even then, I think any reduction of them on the road wont be seen until its closer to $6/gal. People complain about gas prices but dont do anything about it. They drive the same. They rather cut entertainment than driving their status symbol vehicle.

As bad as $6/gal sounds, it could be worse. It is looking like UK drivers will be paying $11/gal. by summer:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...il.commodities

$5.00 per gallon is a DEAL! Get use to it people.

Quick Reply: Are you f*cking kidding me....!!