Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Are you f*cking kidding me....!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i pay about $50 a week for gas here in San Jose, but i'm not complaining.

if i start paying $60 or more a week, i'm going to buy my yamaha r6...
Old 04-23-2008, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i drove a diesel Excursion before the TC and I was paying $150 per WEEK in gas. And I think diesel was just over $3 a gallon at the time. So until I'm paying that again I'm content with my little gas sipper no matter what the price is at the pump.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
i love how people keep saying we should be glad we don't pay as much as europe and so on, OUR DOLLAR ALSO ISN'T AS STRONG. I'm not saying the europeans should pay more, but it doesn't mean we should be happy that we're paying so much.....
A look back in history would answer your question.

To keep it short, the oil industry has kept gas prices artifically low for decades now. Why would the oil industry limit its profits by keeping the price of gasoline artificially low you ask? Because we are now addicts, and big oil is treating us like addicts by keeping us hooked. They know we will b!tch and complain, but we will also continue to buy.

Economics 101.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

by summer i wouldn't doubt it that gas prices reach $5/ gallon
Old 04-27-2008, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah it happens an d gas prices have nothing to do with the war.

IF the war was about oil then it'd be getting cheaper and cheaper as the war continues
Old 04-27-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Think it took me $38. but its not that bad even though i could barely afford gas being that i work and go to school. But after school I wont have an issue with gas. They have this old gas station around my town and the gas prices were $1.07 lol Besides the end of the world is near ppl so im not worried about a darn thing.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by iripthekut
i pay about $50 a week for gas here in San Jose, but i'm not complaining.

if i start paying $60 or more a week, i'm going to buy my yamaha r6...
you know race replica bikes don't get good mileage right?

most 600cc class bikes get between 20 and 40mpg , depending upon the bike , the rider , and highway/city riding

that being said I'd still love a gsxr600 , kawi 636( no longer in production ) , and a suzuki Bking
Old 04-27-2008, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Lol. It's been around $3,95 for 87 for the past week or so...
Old 04-27-2008, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tonight I just had the first $50+ fill-up of my life. You know what they say, it's all downhill after fifty.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys I just would like to point something out from the previous page. I know alot of people are blaming high gas priceson Bush. In sorts it is correct but let me clarify.

Since our economy has plummeted and the dollar is worth so much less than it used to be (before the Bush administration) it takes more of our weak dollars to buy the same gas. This happens when we as a nation become so in debt we cant see straight. Which is what has happened. 8 years ago we were looking at a HUGE economic surplus but now a MASSIVE debt load instead. Juust like when people apply for loans with debt to income ratios being high, the interest that is charged is more making your money worth less.

So in fact it IS largely due to the economic decisions of this administration. While not directly influencing fuel prices it has taken place second hand as a result of the weakinging dollar.

Not trying to cause a political fact just thought I would share some facts.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i feel sorry for those that r f/i. no 87 for yal
Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Andrew1782
Hey guys I just would like to point something out from the previous page. I know alot of people are blaming high gas priceson Bush. In sorts it is correct but let me clarify.

Since our economy has plummeted and the dollar is worth so much less than it used to be (before the Bush administration) it takes more of our weak dollars to buy the same gas. This happens when we as a nation become so in debt we cant see straight. Which is what has happened. 8 years ago we were looking at a HUGE economic surplus but now a MASSIVE debt load instead. Juust like when people apply for loans with debt to income ratios being high, the interest that is charged is more making your money worth less.

So in fact it IS largely due to the economic decisions of this administration. While not directly influencing fuel prices it has taken place second hand as a result of the weakinging dollar.

Not trying to cause a political fact just thought I would share some facts.
or more or less the poor suckers/idiots who bought houses when the market was at the top and got screwed into sub prime adjustable loans.

they're messing it up for themselves and EVERYONE else as well.

now that the market has gone through the floor I can afford a house. bank repo's here I come
Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Be careful with home repo's atm. It's never a bad time for them, and there are always deals, but it's always best when there's some equity in the house. Right now I'm seeing a flood of houses that were overpaid for like 2 years ago. Kind of makes you wonder what people were thinking.

As far as gas goes, I'd really like to see that 30+ mpg from the gen1 box, but I think they measure that crap at like 40 mph. I've never gotten close in highway driving. So it has to sit while I drive the 8 cylinder grandpa car, which outperforms it. Hell, my buddy's corvette gets better highway mpgs than the gen1 box. I love the thing, but they could have really geared it better.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

i should edit the my first post, I filled up tonight for $44 @ 3.49/gal.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It's not so much that gas is getting more expensive it's that our money is worth less.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gas prices worldwide, starting at the most expensive:
Bogged Down
Most expensive places to buy gas
Rank Country Price/gal
1. Bosnia-Herzegovina $10.86
2. Eritrea $9.58
3. Norway $8.73
4. United Kingdom $8.38
5. Netherlands $8.37
6. Monaco $8.31
7. Iceland $8.28
8. Belgium $8.22
9. France $8.07
10. Germany $7.86
111. United States $3.45
Source: AIRINC
Gas prices worldwide starting at the cheapest:
Cruisin'
Where gasoline is cheapest
Rank Country Price/gal
1. Venezuela 12 cents
2. Iran 40 cents
3. Saudi Arabia 45 cents
4. Libya 50 cents
5. Swaziland 54 cents
6. Qatar 73 cents
7. Bahrain 81 cents
8. Egypt 89 cents
9. Kuwait 90 cents
10. Seychelles 98 cents
45. United States $3.45
Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...S.-Is-So-Cheap

I'm moving to Venezuela. Who's coming with me!??!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:50 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think its funny to blame Bush for this one.

So who should ALL of Europe have been blaming for the last 8 years as they have been paying aropund $5 a gallon for YEARS.

When the cost of a barrel of OIL goes up, so does the cost of a gallon of gas. But the cost of a barrel of OIL is not set by the US. It is WORLD WIDE. The US, while it might have some impact, does not set the standard on GLOBAL oil prices.

If you look at charts comparing the percentage increase in a Barrel of oil to the increase of the gallon of gas you will notice they arent the same, but should be. That is because BUSH is releasing US gas reserves to help stem the cost of gas. If he was really behind this all. He would have let gas go up at the same rate as oil. BUT IT HASNT!!!

Lets also not forget that MILK has increased more over the past 10 years than gas has.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't blame Bush for the price of gas. I blame Bush for the weak dollar spawned by irresponsible economic policies. The Fed has cut rates seven times in a row to bail out the sub prime lending industry, which has in turn caused the dollar to devalue. Add this to a horrible at best or complete lack of at worst energy policy, corn-based ethanol which takes more fossil fuels to produce than it outputs, tax cuts while waging an expensive war in the wrong country, and you see not some master plan to get rich but utter incompetence.

Of course my blame is shared with congress, the last one all too happy to rubber-stamp and the current one refusing to grow a pair and right this ship. I'm not drinking 12 gallons of milk a week, so if it goes up a bit more, I'm really not as worried.

Nick, not trying to take a personal shot at you, I work for the Navy myself, but when I see the cost of JP5 affecting mission readiness or dipping into maintenance to cover costs I get a little ____ed.

This November I'm tossing everyone in currently office out, Dem and Repub alike, it's the only way to be sure.

Also, it killed me to see that receipt from two weeks ago $.20 cheaper than today. I have a gen1 xB and am seriously considering getting a motorcycle.