Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

You know what really grinds my gears?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default You know what really grinds my gears?

So I'm driving tonight and I'm going down a pretty dark street and it's raining pretty good. I see something on the side of the road, so I turn my brights on (stock lights-no HIDs) to see what it is. It turns out to be a person, so I decided to leave them on so I can see any more people that might be walking on the side of the road. Smart decision, right? Anyway, as I approach a "T" intersection and a car pulls up and begins to turn onto the road I'm on. I still have my brights on and he flashes his lights several times at me. Now, THIS guy has incredibly bright lights (stupid BMWs) and possibly even HIDs. Now here's why that ____es me off.

Why are THEY flashing THEIR lights at ME?! Have they even tried looking into their lights?! It's at least 5+ times bright than mine! I have to deal with these cars DAILY and I'll tell you, it's not fun having to stare into these kinds of lights all the time. I want HIDs just to annoy people now.

So anyway, that's my rant. I hate it when people flash at other people when they themselves have brighter lights than the person they're flashing at.

So, what really grinds your gears? Share your stories. It doesn't have to be car-related; anything goes! (Yeah, I took the title from Family Guy. )
Old 12-07-2007, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They were flashing you because you didn't turn off your high beams

What annoys me is people driving without their lights on at dusk or even at night! Seriously, wtf? Or people that don't use turn signals. Or people on cell phones driving below the speed limit or not using their signals while on the phone. Grr!

I <3 Family Guy.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get annoyed by people that don't signal, especially when they just start slowing down, start to turn into the parking lot, THEN throw on their signal

USE YOUR ____ING SIGNAL, NOT TELEPATHY!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what grinds my gears is me grinding my gears on my shifting