turbos, exhaust, intakes

tC: Gen1 scion tc TRD supercharger - 3,000 miles on s/c

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Gen1 scion tc TRD supercharger - 3,000 miles on s/c

My s/c unit has NEVER ran a upgraded pulley (I always wanted to keep my warranty, and obviously that voids the warranty). This supercharger has LESS than 3000 miles on it and I can prove it.

Anyways, here is whats up for sale -

Complete TRD supercharger kit for the manual scion tc's (gen1). Will fit on 2007+ scion tc's with no modifications, for the 2005/2006 you will need to source a bracket I think to get it to work.

Comes with everything.... already comes with a 2007 scion tC ECU that is TRD flashed - so no need to pay $300 for the dealer to do it. Plus, obviously - you get to keep YOUR ecu incase you ever sell the kit down the road.

Comes with - TRD blower unit (the s/c) with revised shaft (different than the 05/06 shafts!) . Spark plugs, Trd thermostat, trd injectors, trd heat shield, all hoses/plumbing you need. Comes with stock bypass valve, but I do have a Forge 007 BPV (recommend you purchase that from me, but you can buy it yourself down the road. Ill sell mine for an extra $70. You want this if you want the boosted "woosh" sound when shifting gears, and it holds boost better than the stock unit if you ever upgrade to a smaller (more power) NST pulley. Comes with pre-tapped oil pan, TRD air box, K&N air filter ($60 value). Comes with crank bolt, and everything...

If your in PA, my friend in Gettysburg will install it for you in your car in 3 hours (or less) for $350. You cover any extra expenses (IE: new oil, gasket sealer, antifreeze (for replacing thermostat) ect).

This s/c has never been apart. It is most likely the LOWEST mileage s/c unit you will ever find on scionlife now.

This is the easiest way (and cheapest) to add 50hp to your car. Add that 9.5 NST pulley to add another 25 hp. You can even build an A2W intercooler for a few dollars. If you do those few things, you can have your s/c running 235hp all day long. You can add exhaust (maybe 3hp) and get the dezod catted header to make another 5-7 hp - which would put you right around 240hp with ALL the supporting mods.

All said and done - I am asking $1250 PLUS shipping , and if you use paypal - your covering fees. Its not a convenience for me with you using your credit card, its a convenience for you. Add $70 more for the forge 007 BPV. I would def recommend the forge 007 bypass valve though.

Again, mine will come with the flashed TRD ecu if your a 2007 or later manual car, so youll save $300 by skipping doing this at the dealer.

Anyone that wants to pick it up, i am in Harrisburg, PA. If your on the fence about buying this, I can take a deposit from you (non-refundable) so I can pull this off the market for sale. $150 depost holds it for you for up two weeks. So you can put the deposit, then figure out how you can pay for it shortly there after. You will not find a less mileage supercharger for sale on here.

Last edited by torqueTc; 09-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am looking forward to pics and I would like to see the proof/confirm for the mileage!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AAaaah... if only you were closer.... bump!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
I am looking forward to pics and I would like to see the proof/confirm for the mileage!!!
Proof is a repair order when my car was serviced at toyota for a replacement of the supercharger under warranty which states the mileage of the car when they replaced the unit, then a picture of my current mileage in the dash cluster of where my car is now. My car was rarely driven (I have 4 vehicles), and only has 27,000 miles for a 2007. Which is about 3,650 miles per year.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AnotherDude
AAaaah... if only you were closer.... bump!
I can ship the unit. Shouldnt be that bad to ship it.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 AM
SL Member

Whats the name of the chick in ur avatar ? Haven't seen her forever !
Old 08-27-2012, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod catted header gained ~+23hp on supercharged tC.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member

This wouldn't fin in a automatic right.... Or would it?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching closely. Waiting on pics. You have a possible buyer

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool about the proof. When Toyota replaced under warranty, what was exactly replaced? The entire unit (blower, shaft, bearing, etc) or just certain components?

Also, will this include every nut/bolt/belt/etc? I know the ad says complete I am just looking for double confirmation! Thanks! You don't have the instructions for the s/c by chance do you?

Def interested and I have a lot to think about!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jandones09
Whats the name of the chick in ur avatar ? Haven't seen her forever !
I am not sure her name anymore... Someone sent me a bunch of actual nudes of her a while back on here, and I have no idea what I did with them. Verrrry niiiice! (in borat voice! )
Old 08-27-2012, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Manina
This wouldn't fin in a automatic right.... Or would it?
Yes it will, you just need to buy the "automatic fit kit" for the supercharger. It might run you $90 from toyota. It would make your car a lot more fun to drive too.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
Cool about the proof. When Toyota replaced under warranty, what was exactly replaced? The entire unit (blower, shaft, bearing, etc) or just certain components?

Also, will this include every nut/bolt/belt/etc? I know the ad says complete I am just looking for double confirmation! Thanks! You don't have the instructions for the s/c by chance do you?

Def interested and I have a lot to think about!
Toyota has replaced the whole blower unit/shaft (the WHOLE supercharger unit). Also at around 15k ago, (which on my car was about 3.5-4 years ago) they replaced the top "TRD air box" as it was not snapping in place correctly, and it would pop off under max boost. They said the box was a little deformed but did not notice it until I pointed out I had to keep re-clipping it in every 300-400 miles. Its been perfect ever since then.

I am going to say this to cover my a$s - there COULD be a missing nut or bolt, but I highly doubt it. Every single "component" you would need IS THERE. Please remember the supercharger was on my car installed, and then removed.

While I am 99.99 % certain every single item is there - I am not going to have someone down the road complain that a nut was not in a 60 piece kit with 50 pieces of hardware on top of that, when all the components are there.

That also being said, this kit is being sold AS-IS. I am not responsible for someone who does not know how to install something on their own car. If you dont know what your doing, take it to toyota to have it installed. Its not that hard to install, and my friend can install a s/c unit from start to finish in less than 3 hours, and removed my S/C and had it back to 100% stock in 3 1/2 hours. Car still runs perfectly.

All the hoses, belt, blower unit, air box components, injectors, plugs crank bolt, clamps, heat shield (which I did not run it with, but its there!) and even a pre-programmed ECU (which NO ones comes with so I am saving you $300 right there buy not having to have it TRD flashed at the dealer) are there. Every component you need is there.

There are things I could of left in my car to make the un-install easier, but I had EVERYTHING removed out, purchased a new ECU even.

So, if your an automatic - you need to track down the auto-fit kit. If your a 2007 or later manual - you need nothing. If your a 2005/2006 you need the bracket from that particular supercharger because the idler pulley is different on those, and I think the belt too you would need for a 05/06.. Also your ECU is different, so you will just flash your stock ECU and sell the pre-flashed TRD ECU on here.

Last edited by torqueTc; 09-07-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:01 PM

pm'd
Old 08-27-2012, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by adh365
pm'd
replied back. I am not interested in your offer of $1000. I see someone else on here selling a supercharger with 10 times the mileage on here, for $200 MORE dollars than me, and that doesnt include a flashed ECU (which again, is going to cost you $300 at the dealer).

Good luck finding a $1000, 3000 mile supercharger bro.

To anyone else, from here on out since I have gotten 3 lowball offers, I am just gonna go ahead and delete the PM, and not respond.

You can offer to "pick up" the supercharger from here, but honestly - why would that make me lower my price? YOUR paying shipping, not me. Its no skin off my back to drive to UPS and ship it, its less than 3 miles from my house. I will pack everything up nicely, and you pay the shipping costs.

Best buy doesnt knock money off of TV's if you pick it up from the store do they? No... They just dont charge you shipping. Thats the same thing thats going to happen in this case.

Seriously, if offers come in under what I posted for the price, which is a steal to start with - they will just be deleted. Sorry to come across harsh like this, but I am not wasting my time, so neither should you.

Last edited by torqueTc; 09-07-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 PM

Maybe you should put $1250 firm then and that you will not take any lower!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 PM

People always try to get something lower then what someone is asking for..its the nature of trying to buy and sell things. I do agree that it is a very good price. I didnt see anything about firm pricing so I thought I throw somethin out there.

Last edited by adh365; 08-27-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by adh365
Maybe you should put $1250 firm then and that you will not take any lower!
Per your request - $1250 FIRM.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member

I will for sure buy this with my upcoming tax return,, that's still a little far away but I am very interested in this. Also curious about how payments would work... I'll PM ya after I think about it a little more.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Come one middle of sept. Needs to get here faster AARRGGHHH!!! lol. If I get this I swear I will no longer steal from my own piggy bank...scouts honor

Quick Reply: tC: Gen1 scion tc TRD supercharger - 3,000 miles on s/c