Notices
Regional - Canada AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT
View Poll Results: What do you think of these accessories?
It's all bad.
10.00%
tC Door Sills are cool.
47.50%
tC/xD/xB Carbon Fibre B Pillars (real carbon fibre) look good.
27.50%
tC/xD/xB Rear Bumper Appliques look nice.
20.00%
tC Lower Rocker Applique improves the look.
15.00%
It's all rad.
37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Should we offer these?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1stOne
I can totally understand your concern.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you expect to pay for the following items, assuming that you bought a new Scion model now available here in Canada?

-Lowering Springs
-Big Brake Kit
-19" Alloy Wheel (no tire or lugs, just the wheel itself)

I'm curious to know what you think would be a fair value for these items. I personally had a hand in writing the pricing for Canadian accessories, so I'm very interested to hear your feedback. Coming from an aftermarket background, I can first-hand say I'm impressed at what we were able to do for the Scion accessories here.

Regarding the dealer network, I can't say why it was decided to launch where they did. However at launch this case was the same in the USA. We can all hope that in time as the brand develops here, more dealers will begin popping up and help expand the culture nationwide.
From 5 minutes on google it seems like $300 - $350 would be something I could see a dealer charge for these. More if they were to be installed at the dealer.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A dealer in the US right? Ok, now the question is, what would you expect to pay for each of those 3 items in Canada not installed?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:28 PM
SL Member

Default Pricing

A dealer in the US right? Ok, now the question is, what would you expect to pay for each of those 3 items in Canada not installed?
19" Rims you can pick up a lot of nice light and strong ones in the $250 to $400 each range if your racing, a bunch of nice LOOKING ones in the $150 to $200 range. So $1000 to $1300 would be good.
Big brakes, I upped my E46 BMW with a Brembo kit for $2800 for the front and $1800 for the rear. So around that would be fare but it not the #1 upgrade on our list.
Spring, I will go with m0ej0e pricing of $300 to $350. The yet to be released Eibach springs have a MSRP of $319
How about some #$ and we can let you know what we the buying public think?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Max $350, granted I have never looked into it before. If I can get it cheaper from a US dealer I do not see why I would go to a Canadian one. Currently I do not know anyone whom works at a Canadian dealer, so there is no "Oh ill give him my business".
Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SCION CORP
SL Member

Originally Posted by CharredEarth
You know, I have a bit of a hard time believing this. I'm a 1st Gen xB owner, in Winnipeg. My box came with aftermarket wheels on it. To buy the *stock* rims, no rubber, it was going to cost me close to if not more than $500. For steelies!
Originally Posted by CharredEarth

I did some checking around, and found that I could buy the same steelies, in Grand Forks, ND for $200 new.

Based on that difference, I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach when it comes to the TRD upgrade pricing (Not like the Canadian First Gen owners will see any of the TRD stuff for our boxes.)

And, yes, I know this is a pretty negative post. It stems partially from the parts situation, and partially from where Corporate decided to open the first dealerships. T.O. and Van, I can understand. Big communities there. I'm guessing noone did the research and realize that there are over 200 Scions in Winnipeg alone(1st AND 2nd gen xBs and tCs with a couple of xAs kicking around), not including the rest of the province. We're just not feelin' the love right now.

That's my $.02

I can't speak directly to the decisions surrounding which markets and dealers get the opportunity to be a part of the Scion brand, since I wasn't involved in that aspect... However I can see your point of view. Our team is quite aware of the Scion enthusiast communities across Canada, but think of it this way - if you all own Scions already, how are we going to sell you one?

We definitely never intended to leave any one out in the cold, but being the brand we are means it wasn't feasable to launch with a nation-wide rollout... I'll keep my ear to the ground to see when the next round of dealer announcements is coming, just don't expect anything for a little while - we are opening another 40 dealers in a couple months.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SCION CORP
SL Member

I can totally understand your concern.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you expect to pay for the following items, assuming that you bought a new Scion model now available here in Canada?

-Lowering Springs
-Big Brake Kit
-19" Alloy Wheel (no tire or lugs, just the wheel itself)

I'm curious to know what you think would be a fair value for these items. I personally had a hand in writing the pricing for Canadian accessories, so I'm very interested to hear your feedback. Coming from an aftermarket background, I can first-hand say I'm impressed at what we were able to do for the Scion accessories here.
So, for discussion, I have some pricing of xB parts here in Canada and the US.

19" TRD Alloy Wheel
$350/wheel (CDN) - $250/wheel (USD)

TRD Lowering Springs
$315 (CDN) - $250 (USD)

TRD Big Brake Kit
$1550 (CDN) - $1250 (USD)

So, on paper it might look like our prices are much higher, but we have freight and duty costs to cover. Also, many of these parts were brought into inventory before our currency hit parity, so there is an exchange rate factor to consider. Also, the way our accounting works means that we can't immediately realize the benefits of having our dollar on par with the US dollar... (I know this because there are parts I want )

So a couple other benefits with TRD parts versus aftermarket products is the ability to roll them into your finance/lease contract. Instead of buying a car, then having to drop a couple grand making it your own, you can make it your own, and pay for it with one monthly payment! The other bonus is when you have your TRD parts installed by the dealer, they are covered by the balance of your comprehensive vehicle warranty!

It may seem tempting to order these parts from the US, but shipping any of these items will be expensive - the weight of most of these parts alone is prohibitive. On top of that there is duty, taxes, etc. If you are able to go and pick them up you will still have duty to worry about, as well as the gas and time it will take you to get them.

Originally Posted by noisy1eh
How about some #$ and we can let you know what we the buying public think?
Unfortunately I can't release pricing for any of the tC parts that we haven't launched yet. As soon as they launch, I'll post up the details.

We monitor and analyze our accessory pricing throughout the year and do our best to keep it competitive, while offering our customers the best price we can.

If at any time anyone has a specific concern about Canadian pricing, hit me up with a PM.

Cheers,
Colin
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 PM
SL Member

Colin,
Thank you very much for the #'s.
I can not speak for others but the pricing is around and what i had thought it might be.
Knowing that the TRD parts are a tested and direct bolt on to our Scions is something we must consider in our pricing.
Thanks again for the information.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did the door sills and rear applique come out in Montreal, Canada? Went to my scion dealer and he didn't have anything other than the floor mats

any chance the rear applique can be black (like on the xB pictures) for my white tC 2011? ;)
I'm ready to start spoiling my little car!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think any items are out in Canada.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Not yet anyways. Your feedback here is helping though...
Old 01-19-2011, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SCION CORP
SL Member

^Not yet anyways. Your feedback here is helping though...
Yep. The more people that show purchase interest, the more likely it is these parts will get released!!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:50 PM

TC Door sills, shift kit and OE remote start for me.

When they're released in the US then intake and strut brace.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^There already is an OE remote start for the automatic models.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SCION CORP
SL Member

...and the other stuff should become available soon
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM

No more TRD cold air intake for xb?
Old 03-03-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Scion Canada
So, for discussion, I have some pricing of xB parts here in Canada and the US.

19" TRD Alloy Wheel
$350/wheel (CDN) - $250/wheel (USD)

TRD Lowering Springs
$315 (CDN) - $250 (USD)

TRD Big Brake Kit
$1550 (CDN) - $1250 (USD)

So, on paper it might look like our prices are much higher, but we have freight and duty costs to cover. Also, many of these parts were brought into inventory before our currency hit parity, so there is an exchange rate factor to consider. Also, the way our accounting works means that we can't immediately realize the benefits of having our dollar on par with the US dollar... (I know this because there are parts I want )

So a couple other benefits with TRD parts versus aftermarket products is the ability to roll them into your finance/lease contract. Instead of buying a car, then having to drop a couple grand making it your own, you can make it your own, and pay for it with one monthly payment! The other bonus is when you have your TRD parts installed by the dealer, they are covered by the balance of your comprehensive vehicle warranty!

It may seem tempting to order these parts from the US, but shipping any of these items will be expensive - the weight of most of these parts alone is prohibitive. On top of that there is duty, taxes, etc. If you are able to go and pick them up you will still have duty to worry about, as well as the gas and time it will take you to get them.

Unfortunately I can't release pricing for any of the tC parts that we haven't launched yet. As soon as they launch, I'll post up the details.

We monitor and analyze our accessory pricing throughout the year and do our best to keep it competitive, while offering our customers the best price we can.

If at any time anyone has a specific concern about Canadian pricing, hit me up with a PM.

Cheers,
Colin
I just brought a xb2 in Vancouver B.C, and I am checking some TRD parts prices on scionnation.com but the price is different than what you posted.
19"TRD wheel is $492.66 each
BBK kit $1795
TRD spring $851.8

The price is difference is huge!!!

Do you know the reason?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SCION CORP
SL Member

Originally Posted by wellfever
I just brought a xb2 in Vancouver B.C, and I am checking some TRD parts prices on scionnation.com but the price is different than what you posted.
19"TRD wheel is $492.66 each
BBK kit $1795
TRD spring $851.8

The price is difference is huge!!!

Do you know the reason?
First off, congrats on the new purchase!

The reason the pricing I quoted is lower, is that I was talking about part only pricing. The pricing posted on scionnation.ca is installed pricing, and unless you select a specific dealer the website will calculate installation at the highest provincial labour rate.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scion Canada
...and the other stuff should become available soon
Why such a delay and difference from the US?

I called the dealer requesting a price on TRD lowering springs for my TC, gave them the part # (thx 1stOne) and they gave me a price but said the status on it was "stop sales". I asked what that meant and they said "that's all I see, they don't give us any info on these!" I called a US dealer in Buffalo and they said no such status appeared on their system and I could have the springs the next day!

I've already ordered my B-pillar appliques and door sills from the US and soon I'll be ordering the springs!

Scion has always been about customization and personalization. It a shame someone forgot this when they decided to launch the brand in Canada without the parts and dealer support!

I love my TC and am glad they're finally in Canada and the mods will continue with or without Scion Canada.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
SL Member

kamikaze5G
You will have to keep us posted as what price difference if any ordering from the USA with shipping, duty, customs charge.
Some are saying that we are wasting our time doing so!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SCION CORP
SL Member

Originally Posted by kamikaze5G
Why such a delay and difference from the US?

I called the dealer requesting a price on TRD lowering springs for my TC, gave them the part # (thx 1stOne) and they gave me a price but said the status on it was "stop sales". I asked what that meant and they said "that's all I see, they don't give us any info on these!" I called a US dealer in Buffalo and they said no such status appeared on their system and I could have the springs the next day!

I've already ordered my B-pillar appliques and door sills from the US and soon I'll be ordering the springs!

Scion has always been about customization and personalization. It a shame someone forgot this when they decided to launch the brand in Canada without the parts and dealer support!

I love my TC and am glad they're finally in Canada and the mods will continue with or without Scion Canada.
I'm glad you love your car! We are doing what we can to offer the customization and personalization options that you want...

There are several factors that can affect the timing difference between the release of a part in Canada and the US. Before we can order parts from TMS (Toyota USA), they have to have them in stock first. This can cause a delay of anywhere between 1-3 weeks. In addition to that, we must conduct our own testing here, as the climate can be challenging to the most durable of parts. Then for the installation instructions and any other support material, we have to have it available in both French and English at the time it launches.

As for the part being on "Stop Sales", this is an administrative practice we use sometimes to prevent unnecessary back orders on parts we don't have stock of.

I just checked our system, and the TRD Lowering Springs for your car are on order, with an ETA at the end of this month.

I hope I was able to answer your questions, and if you have any other concerns, I'd be happy to address them via PM.

Colin

Quick Reply: Should we offer these?