Regional - Deep South AL, AR, LA, MS

tint help, MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tint help, MS

hey guys, my inspection sticker finally expired and after going to about three different places i keep getting denied a sticker beacuse my tint is to dark. Just wondering if anybody knew anyone that could help me out in the jackson area or around it.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default Re: tint help, MS

Originally Posted by Banana
hey guys, my inspection sticker finally expired and after going to about three different places i keep getting denied a sticker beacuse my tint is to dark. Just wondering if anybody knew anyone that could help me out in the jackson area or around it.
i have a legal medical exemption from the MS tint law
good thing about the mississippi exemption is that it doesnt give you another law to abide by like Alabama, it completely exempts you from any window tinting law all-together
Old 07-20-2006, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Tint help

I haven't had to get a car inspected since I left New York back in the early 80's. Of course the trade out is you get alot more junk driving on the roads and only god knows if it could actually stop. Its amazing how many cars down here look like the rust bowl audience that was in Cars (a pixar movie in case you are living under a rock). I think I even saw "He knows my name" Fred the other day. Oh sorry sort of off subject. No inspection here in AL but there are tint laws

Tom
Old 07-22-2006, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[off topic] Today, I saw a Dodge Shadow that was riding on a donut tire (and looked like it had been for some time), with blue smoke coming out from under the car (no smoke coming out of the tailpipe), and in the back window it featured a stick that was holding up the headliner! [/off topic]

Back to topic, there is a tint law in Alabama (as scionturtle has already mentioned), and it states no more than 35%. I have a good friend who has been ranting for days about the stupid tint laws and the stupid cops and the stupid helmet laws and the stupid cops and their stupid laws and so on. I gave him a look, and he hastened to say, "But I'm not talking about you, just the others!" Yeah right. Sorry, I don't know what the law is in Mississippi. I wish I had a criminal code book for MS, and I'd look it up for you. But all I have here is AL. Sorry.