3rd Annual Imports VS Domestics Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by keoki
This is one AFTER9EVENT that is good! been to the last two and it was cool. A lot of people went.
Yes, a lot of people from this forum went to the last one. But I think you are the only person to call it "cool".
Old 07-22-2006, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

It's posted on Scionetics.com
Old 07-22-2006, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

In keoki's defense, I don't think he was referring to just the last show. I am new to this whole scene so I am not sure how it all goes down, but if they make you sign your life away and expect you to leave your cars unlocked, that's crap!!!!

Maybe someone should contact the guy who posted on the last thread and have him defend why they want you to leave your cars unlocked. Then express your concern for this action and how you plan to not go.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by KooLAiD
In keoki's defense, I don't think he was referring to just the last show. I am new to this whole scene so I am not sure how it all goes down, but if they make you sign your life away and expect you to leave your cars unlocked, that's crap!!!!

Maybe someone should contact the guy who posted on the last thread and have him defend why they want you to leave your cars unlocked. Then express your concern for this action and how you plan to not go.
I will handle it since him and I have a working relationship now, k?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was what I was figuring since you dealt with their last event.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member

***MODIFICATION TO SEPTEMBER RULES***

As per your requests, we will allow each owner and their guest to remain in the area while judging is going on.

I apologize for the confusion that was caused with this on the web site, we only meant for the "spectators" to have to vacate the area.

In our defense about having a reputation for whatever the comment was.....

We are an Arizona based company and have long standing relationships with many members of this forum. We have never burned anyone at our shows and have always attempted to please the majority of people when issues arrise.

However I do understand the uncomfortable feeling of leaving your vehicle unlocked without being able to keep an eye on it, thus explains the changes you requested above....

Let me know if you have any questions...

Thanks again for your continued support, we look forward to a successful event with you @ Firebird!

Rey Martinez
CEO
After9events.com - Enjoy The Party!!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Thanks Rey, no reason why we shouldnt have a large attendance now
Old 07-26-2006, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you
Old 07-26-2006, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

i am wanting to bring both of my cars to show.. is there any way that i can get someone to take my tC in with the rest of Scion... cuz it says all car clubs enter together... i will pay for them to get in to the show but i just can't drive two cars at once...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I did that at the art of noise show, I brought 2 cars... what a pain in the butt that was... Never again will I do that.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInc
I did that at the art of noise show, I brought 2 cars... what a pain in the butt that was... Never again will I do that.
Yeah, I remember that one...

Next time, tandem trailer ....
Old 07-26-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInc
Ah it wasnt that bad right, LOL
Old 07-26-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

really it was a pain??? maybe i won't do that then..
Old 07-27-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Mark has this set as Sep 7th instead of Sept 9th on Scionetics. I'll shoot him an email so he can correct it.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All i have to say is lets just remember the last after 9 event! Does everyone remember how long the complaint thread became? Its gonna take a lot of convincing to get me to go again to another after 9 thing!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by LittleZeke77
All i have to say is lets just remember the last after 9 event! Does everyone remember how long the complaint thread became? Its gonna take a lot of convincing to get me to go again to another after 9 thing!
What you've said is noted BUT After9 HAS addressed our concerns and actually taken the time to come into our thread to apologize. People learn from their mistakes and it seems like he has learned from that past event, he will have a different security team, roll in for spectators and people in the show will be different, and it is NO LONGER at Speed World so there shouldnt be as bad of a problem with dust as the last time.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would offer this as food for thought,

as business manager, I am responsible for 50 web sites and 20 Million in sales. I am charged with the responsibly to manage the brands inventory, P&L and to answer to our share holders. On the flip side I am responsible for satisfying customer’s experiences for these 50 sites. Though my group has a 99.7% customer satisfaction rating, we have misses, mistakes are made, and customers are not happy. The real question is how do we as a company address these issues and make it right with the customer.

We are human beings, we will make mistakes, oversights and sometimes what seems like a good call turns out to be a bad decision. This is a very fortunate opportunity and how any company embraces this speaks volumes in wanting to improve processes, business practices, partners, customer’s satisfaction and increase sales.

The Speed World event had lots of misses, all parties involved had a share in these and needed to take responsibility. As the promoter, the buck stops at After9, offering clarification on the misses is good. After9 has taken the responsibility 100%, action was immediately taken and they are working hand in hand to earn our business and to show this group that they can get it right.

Will they make mistakes, will they have misses, absolutely! The question is how they will respond to these issues. As part of the SCION community how will I/you work with them in offering accurate actionable data to improve the process. Remember, these shows are for our community, by becoming an active participant to refine the process is up to you.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

^^^ ^^^
Old 07-27-2006, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yeah get over it. And see how this show goes for those that want to attend
Old 07-28-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member
Scinergy

one of my favorite sayings is "never give up on something until you have tried it at least twice!"

that being said i may try to make this one. if i am not happy after a 2nd go around then i will probably give up. but i am confident that this one will be much more successful than the last based on the fact that after9 has been coming on here and addressing the issues and doing what they can to fix them.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Imports VS Domestics Car Show