Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Addictive Racing Motorsports (Tucson)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Default Addictive Racing Motorsports (Tucson)

I am just wondering if anybody has delt with these guys and had a GOOD experience???? I have ordered a DC header from them and frist of all walking in to the shop NOBODY wants to help me or even acknoledge that I'm in there... then finally when they stop talking with each other about who's getting lunch and from where do they ask me "whats up"... what a way to act to a Brand New Customer.. i'm not saying that i want to be treated like the king of the world but dang a little customer service goes a long way.. so finally we get to prices and i pay them for the header... they say we will call you in a couple of days when it gets here.. well 10 days later and still nothing and on top of that they charged me 30 bucks more than their price on THEIR website... so as soon as my header comes in its time for me to go find another place of business to give my money to cuz oviously they don't want it... sorry for the ranting and raving i just had to vent a little....
Old 08-31-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Thats sux bro. Hopefully you can go somewhere else and get it cheaper and be treated better
Old 08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

well i already paid for the part and since its special order (they don't carry anything for the tC) they won't refund my money so i may as well wait for the part and next time stay away from them
Old 08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Who did you talk to? Eric is the owner... I would talk to him about it.. He's always been good to my friends and I.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I have to agree with Frogger.........Eric is good peoples....never had any problems. I would rather give them business over anyone else.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Eric is the guy you want to talk to. One thing to is most parts are handled by COD. Since the tC is a car that doesn't usually get modded to much in Tucson shops usually order parts. Addictive is good place to work with and Eric handles the place well. He is handling all the work on my tC build (complete built engine, built 6 speed tranny and LSD )
Old 08-31-2006, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
Scionetics
SL Member

Isn't this the place i won a gift certificate to in the poker run??
Old 08-31-2006, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

well finally got a answer.... they didn't process the order so they DROPPED the ball on this one.... i am going to get a refund and go somewhere else from now on... thanks anyway for some advice but i can't trust them if they can't process a simple order...
Old 08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by devstc
Isn't this the place i won a gift certificate to in the poker run??
nah Dev, that was another place....
Old 08-31-2006, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Default Addictive

Sorry to hear your first experience with them was bad , If Eric knew about how you were treated he would be very upset , he is working very hard to get Addictive to be a 1st. class performance shop .......

He is a very smart businessman and would definitley straighten out whomever screwed up and go out of his way to make it up to you............
Give em another chance ,Soupy but ask for Eric and let him know that Wade And Gabe sent you back in.
wingsaseagles
Old 09-01-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

i'm gonna go in tommorow for my refund but i want to get a remote start installed... so we'll see how they treat me... this will be their one chance
Old 09-01-2006, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

well i went in and no change i got a refund and took my money over to IA Performance.. (the place that we had the small meet for their Grand Opening) i walked in and a complete 180 degrees from Addictive Racing... they were VERY helpful and eventhough they do mostly mitsu EVO's and Subi's they were able to get the same header (not that difficult) for less $$$ and install cheaper too!!! thanks anyway Wade and Gabe but i think i found who i am going to from now on...
Old 09-01-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Too bad it didn't go well for you. But as long as the Header and service was good that all that matters. Hope you enjoy the upgrade!
Old 09-02-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Did you talk to Eric like many of us said to?? His techs aren't the nicest unless you know who they are. I certainly wouldn't put up with that if I owned the place, it results in uninformed bashing, like this. Like I said before, TALK TO ERIC, you'll actually get somewhere. He has even owned an XB or two... He's a great guy!
Old 09-02-2006, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

i dunno WHO Eric is... the guy i talked to was the ONLY guy there this morning (could have been ERIC) but it doesn't matter the way i look at it is ANYBODY that works there is REPRESENTING His business and if thats who he has working there than that is how he handles business... i am not the type to go in and name drop just so i get better service... it should be the same across the board... but its okay i am done talking about this and have found a shop that will take care of me because of me and NOT of who i know and of who i ask for... i don't mean to step on any toes in this thread but i just needed to vent... sorry to have taken it out on you guys...
Old 09-02-2006, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Makes no difference to me, I was just trying to point out that there are plenty of people who have been satisfied with Eric, his goons and their service. Stuff like this happens to every business, sorry that it happened to be with you and Addictive. They're usually a very stand-up company!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
ScionERA

I've only seen eric in there once, talked to him about his XB. I went in another time and had the same experience was ignored from the instant I walked in and had to basically push myself up to the counter. When I asked for a price on my Tanabe NF210's they looked at me like I was an alien speaking another language. If you aint talkin Honda they have any interest at all. Then to boot the guy asks what I've seen them for and I tell him $175 shipped he quotes me $290, $15 over full retail. I myself will not be taking any of my MOD money to them at any discount, lol, discount off of full retail that is, couldn't stop laughing when I saw that promo for the poker run. Eric may be the guy, but unfortunately the people he has up front are giving his buisiness a bad rap real quick. If they want to talk shop, brag and go over general B.S. they need to stay in the back and do some actual work. I have worked retail most of my life and not one of the stooges up front needs to be there to work with the public. Of course this could just be the rantings of a complete lunatic, hmmmmm, I think not.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

ive had nothing but good exp. with eric & kyle & the rest of the crew and have got good deals on all the parts they have got for me. i would recommend them highly
Old 10-03-2008, 01:31 AM

Default you have options

You could always come to my shop
Motorsport Warehouse on 1st ave
We dont treat our customers or potential customers
like that and we have been serving Tucson for over 18 yrs.
Stop by sometime

2634 N 1st Ave
321 9500
Old 10-03-2008, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Holy 2 years later!

Quick Reply: Addictive Racing Motorsports (Tucson)