Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Anybody used Soundwerks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anybody used Soundwerks?

I'd like to have Soundwerks do some installation work on my car, but from what I've heard, the quality of their work has slipped from what it was a few years ago, they've lost their best installer, and they don't really do that great of a job unless you're really throwing down the big bucks for an install, as in leaving your car with them for weeks at a time.

Anybody have any experience?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had work done from them a few years back. The one on Bell road, but you are right they have slipped a little. They do a lot of high end stuff, but like you said they keep your vehicle in their bay for days. I would check out some of the other shops like Krucial, Listen Up or even talk to Randode!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Nothing but great props to both Randode and Listen Up.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend swears by Kustom Kar Sound after Soundwerks did a crappy job on his old car. Soundwerks' head installer went to a place called Signature Audio in Scottsdale on Raintree near Northsight. That place is even more expensive than Soundwerks! All their component sets are like 1500 bucks!

I checked out Listen Up today. I wish it was closer to my house. I'll have to have stuff done on Saturdays
Old 11-29-2006, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't go to soundwerks. signature audio sucks too... i asked them to demo a 13w7 for me but they wouldn't because they said it wouldn't sound like what it should sound like in a car...

not too many shops have one to demo so - i thought "aight - screw all you guys- i'll just go buy one"

what do you need installed? what do you want to purchase?

i've had good luck picking up items on millionbuy.com.

just picked up a power supply for my test bench and a sub box for my gf's rav 4 from them... they're good.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's getting colder outside, so right now I'm just going to start stocking up on supplies (cables, sound deadening) and tossing around ideas for the install. Check some of my other posts to see what I want to do... like this one:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...602&highlight=
Old 11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Some of the best installers in the USA are here in AZ. What are you trying to get done, if I may ask?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

None of the shops mentioned in this post "suck", as a matter of fact they are considered some of the premier shops in the valley. High quality and professional work comes at a cost.

They all carry products by some of the best manufacturers in the industry, however, the best product will underperform or even fail if not installed and used properly.

I have had demo systems installed by Soundwerks, Signature as well as Unique Car Audio and Sound Xpression, all were top notch show quality installations.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

sucking is a matter of opinion. its even been said that randode sucks.
but we all know thats not true.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

When did you get your install done from soundwerks? Couldn't have been recently...

I had my car done 2 years ago and my gf's car done last year thinking it would have been better... it wasn't.

The pics speak for themselves...

Substandard wires

They left an evap cooler blowing on my car all day - the calcium from the water dried and my interior was covered with it. This is just the door seal, they missed cleaning it up after I complained. At first they denied any responsibility and claimed I brought the car in with it all dirty...

The mounting of the navigation antenna was put on some rubber pad with a foil lining so the magenetic antenna could stick to it... this pad was taped to my dash. Yeah - if I wanted a gradeschool install, I would have taken it to a gradeschool... Thank god they were able to get that pad off... but not w/o scratching the dash a little...

The amp rack they hooked up was "ok". The amp on the right was also wired up to the factory sub but the crossover for that channel was set to FULL RANGE so I had highs in the music coming from it.

Say what you want about how great soundwerks is... I think they have a long way to go to get their act together.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yeah- when they did my gf's car...

they were too lazy to mount the gps antenna towards the back of the roof and mounted it right above the front windshield... when i complained, they said the gps antenna would get better reception towards the front...

I was like - WTF??? Just move the damn antenna to the rear so it's just above the rear window!

Only then did they do it...

Customer Service man...
Old 11-29-2006, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would talk to Guy (Bell Rd.) or Don (Scottsdale Rd.) and express your concerns. Chances are that the installer in question is no longer employed there.

One thing to realize is that there is a small "pool" of installers and they tend to hop from one place to another. Just the nature of the beast, I guess.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I spoke to Guy... and to his credit, the shop comp'd me a battery, swapped out the wires for the subs, cleaned up the car, etc...

but this was ONLY AFTER I raised the issues. if it was any other shop like a best buy or a circuit city- i would almost EXPECT it but if you go to a shop that specializes in doing GREAT work on hummers, mb's, bmw, porsches, and even boats- one doesn't expect shoddy work can go out the door w/o any final checks...

it's all good now... i even went back to have a nav unit installed in my gf's car... still had to keep an eye on the install but it was done... albeit a few scratches to the dash.

no matter the shop - just keep a close eye on how things are done...
Old 11-30-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can highly recommended Unique Car audio, I have no affiliation with them. They are not a JBL dealer, but what they are is very nice, no BS and they the work is very good.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by randode
sucking is a matter of opinion. its even been said that randode sucks.
but we all know thats not true.
True, but do you swallow?

Guess I can kiss that "upgrade" I've been wanting you to do goodbye now huh?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unique Car Audio did my Scion xA, F150 SuperCrew and my boat. All of these systems rock with a minimal amount of equipment. Check them out if you're in the neighborhood.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kustom kar is pretty good, they did our boat and they did an amazing job on it. audio express on the other hand messed up my buddies boat really bad. so bad he wont even take it back for them to fix it.

oh and ill second that randode sucks!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!

this suit is NOT black!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by RBasil
Guess I can kiss that "upgrade" I've been wanting you to do goodbye now huh?
pretty much.