AZ to Roswell......Trip Plans?...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
Scionetics
SL Member

Default AZ to Roswell......Trip Plans?...

Time to start planning the carivans for Invasion...............

What times do we wanna roll in to Roswell?

From Tucson to Roswell Scion is 7 hrs 30 mins and 456 miles just as a basis so we an get ideas goin....

its coming soon
Old 08-16-2007, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I am planning on going from phoenix.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, but if memory serves me correctly we have to roll through Tucson to get to Roswell...not positive on that though???

I vote for an early roll-out with out a stop per hour rate!!! Say 3:30 AM Roll-In for Best Buy on Ray and I-10 and then 4:00 AM departure??? That's my 1 1/2 cents!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by KooLAiD
Yeah, but if memory serves me correctly we have to roll through Tucson to get to Roswell...not positive on that though???

I vote for an early roll-out with out a stop per hour rate!!! Say 3:30 AM Roll-In for Best Buy on Ray and I-10 and then 4:00 AM departure??? That's my 1 1/2 cents!
Yes, you do roll thru Tucson. Last year all you fools that left at 4 am got to Roswell what 15 minutes before the 7 am crowd Told ya TTownxb Was fast , we just drafted him
Old 08-16-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Haha yeah it was only a 15 hour trip... then took me 6 hours to get back I am going to roll out a day early to get there and relax No stress for me this trip.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No kids or dogs for me and I will be just fine on this trip! No one in particular is being singled out here, but last year we had to make a lot of extra stops for silly things! Not this year baby!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Well all of us that left at 4 AM made many stops for breakfast or potty breaks. I like a trip where everyone works together and you don't feel like you have to ____ in an empty PEPSI bottle while driving because people won't want to stop.

I don't know if we need to leave at 4, maybe 5 would be ok and maybe one less stop that last year but I definetely want to make sure we have enough time to wash the cars when we get there.

I also would like to try and stick around the speed limit on the drive so none of us get pulled over on the trip. I remember some parts of the road out there were horrible from construction and if i hit that at 90 miles an hour i could do some damage.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, yet again we all have completely different ideas and there are only four of us talking about this. I am throwing this out there and whoever wants to join in this group is more then welcome to, but this is what I am doing for the trip.....

3:30 Roll-In/4:00 AM Departure Time
Best Buy; I-10 & Ray Rd.
Will not make anyone pee in a Pepsi bottle, but won't be doing the speed limit either...probably doing 10 - 15 over. Thinking two, maybe three stops total on the trip to gas, pee and eat all in one stop. Should roll into Roswell around 2:00 at the latest. Check into the hotel and then off to the Mexican restaraunt by the Hampton Inn for drinks and whatever...
Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I will DEFINITLY be joining you all for the drinks at the resturaunt! I missed so many good times last year trying to work / play that it sucked. Cannot wait to hang with you guys! Koolaid, did you already book your room..?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kind of...I made a call this morning to see about some group things and am just waint for an answer back...some time this afternoon they said. Thinking about the Hampton again because it is walking or should I stay stumbling distance from the Mexican restaraunt...literally next door.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hahaha sweet. yeah I put in a call as well to reserve parking and that sorta thing.. This time away from any sprinklers or weed wackers that I heard about...
Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the guy mowing the dirt field at midnight was pretty sweet last year. So glad I got a jump on detailing my car! BASTAGE!!!!!!!

I am sure they can reserve us any parking we want. They had some down the front and along the side...front was nice because we were right there...didn't hear anything about sprinklers, that would suck royally!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah I never saw any of it, just heard about it. Will make sure it goes better this year.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I just called the Hampton and talked to the manager about the incident last year and she wasn't sure who could have been mowing over there that late at night. The hotel doesn't own the land so there is nothing they can do about it.

I asked if they have parking sanctioned off again and she said it wasn't requested so there isn't this time but they could do something in the back if you request it. I'm not too sure how much i like the idea of parking in the back.

I would like to stay at the Marriott where i did last year which was nice but sucks not being with everyone else at the Hampton and worrying about having to drive back to my room at night., Looks like i'll be staying at the Hampton most likely.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Hampton was a little further away from the dealer, but was very accomidating with us. I can't remember who I spoke to this morning, but they were supposed to be getting back to me about the parking and things like that. I will call them again when I get off work around 3 and get some defenite info to post up. But yeah, loved that Mexican place and defenitely want to stumble, I mean walk home from there Friday night!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yah they had some very good food.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I am not sure what time I will be leaving. I am not in a huge hurry.

I had to make a couple of those stops.. LOL Mc Donalds and energy drinks dont combine..
Old 08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the time is ok for us I like leaving early, the earlier the better for me I get up around 2am in the morning. so I'm ready to go. Were going to be staying at the Best Western Sally Port Inn.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
I am not sure what time I will be leaving. I am not in a huge hurry.

I had to make a couple of those stops.. LOL Mc Donalds and energy drinks dont combine..
I remember hearing something about "your" stops on the way to Roswell. And I think someone had taken some pic's of before and after. Haahahaha. The stories were way too funny in the parking lot at the hotel that night!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

A 5am roll out from Best buy I like the sound of that. Come on Kyle It's only 1 more hour.

Quick Reply: AZ to Roswell......Trip Plans?...