Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Isnt it time for stupid snow birds to go home?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Default Isnt it time for stupid snow birds to go home?

They need to leave, They do not know how to drive and I also think if you are over 55 years old you should have your license taken away.

So the reason for the vent. I got cut off by a dumb Snowbird today from Alberta and I had to swurve hard to the right to not get creamed. His back door was at my drivers door when he desieded to come in my lane. So Side walk vs. Rim. Guess who won?
Old 03-16-2008, 05:18 AM
n7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

damn old canadians
Old 03-16-2008, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

I F***ING HATE OLD PEOPLE DRIVING. at the very least you should have to renew your license every year when you get past a certain age. If you fail, you lose your license.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Isnt it time for stupid snow birds to go home?

Originally Posted by Crispyxb
I also think if you are over 55 years old you should have your license taken away.

Well with that little tid bit I guess I won't be driving three years from now. Though I do understand your frustration it's not just "old" people who drive badly. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jiggaman
I F***ING HATE OLD PEOPLE DRIVING. at the very least you should have to renew your license every year when you get past a certain age. If you fail, you lose your license.

You know something young man I have seen just as many "young" drivers who drive like A$$ as apposed to old drivers. The tests for getting and keeping a drivers license should changed. They hand them out way too easily.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Crispy...that sucks buddy. Sorry to hear....hopefully you can get her fixed soon.

I totally agree with Ray here......its not just the old people that drive bad here in Az. I swear there are many people that can't drive here from what I have seen.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Sorry to hear about this crispy. I agree with Ray as well, there are drivers of many ages that drive horribly. The snowbirds are a large group of people though that are prettty bad.

I would agree that once you reach a certain age you get tested more often for your license than every 60 years. I dont think your license should be taken away at 55 though.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by moonray
Originally Posted by Jiggaman

You know something young man I have seen just as many "young" drivers who drive like A$$ as apposed to old drivers. The tests for getting and keeping a drivers license should changed. They hand them out way too easily.
im not talking about 50-60 year olds, i am talking about the people who cant see over the steering wheel, take up both lanes of traffic, swerve like crazy, and dont even have the reacion time to step on the brake even if they needed to. you know, the ones that drive the buick's

I didnt mean to offend you, old man
Old 03-16-2008, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Stupid Drivers..... no bueno for sure. Seems like this city is full of them
Old 03-16-2008, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i work here at the 911 call center in tucson. youd be supprised how many times a week we get calls about people driving down the wrong side of the road. sometimes during rush hour. THAT is when your too old to drive...
Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I guess I better get off the road too' but I remember Crispy haul'n a$$ down the free way. and you know what your going to be an old coot someday. And there going to say the same thing about you. I see alot of younger people who can't drive either. They need to change the age to drive to 21. To many irresponsible people out there anyway, doesn't matter how old you are.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think its about changing the driving age, i think its a matter of chaning the dificulty of the test, or making it mandatory that you have to learn to drive with a driving instructor, AND pass your test. all you have to do now is get the little booklet from the dmv, read it and vualla... your permit, then all you gotta do is parallel park and drive around the block and you get your license.... toooooo easy, but yet, some still fail, which boggles my mind.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldskool
Yea I guess I better get off the road too' but I remember Crispy haul'n a$$ down the free way. and you know what your going to be an old coot someday. And there going to say the same thing about you. I see alot of younger people who can't drive either. They need to change the age to drive to 21. To many irresponsible people out there anyway, doesn't matter how old you are.
Actually, totally understand. I actually have been driving alot safer since I started delivering parts.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I !FUUCKEN" HATE PYKEE'S (Best ****** impression ever!) If you have seen the movie you know what i'm talking bout!