Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes Pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes Pics

Thank you to everyone for the donations and coming out to walk with us. we had about 50 people on our walk team, about 20 of whom were Scion owners and families.

I also need to giva a special thank you to Eric for getting his company (Spectra Southwest) onboard to sponsor the team t-shirts. Also to all of the ScionApocalypse crew for everything they've done.

Jesse (some of you old-timers know him) pulled through again, cranking out the shirts on short notice and for a ridiculous price.

I had a good time and I hope you all did too. If you talk it up real big maybe we can have 75 people on our walk team next year. Be sure to tell everyone how fun it is (downplay the hot, tired, and sore part.)

Here are some pics.

the organized (non-scion) half of the team posing at the starting line. they got there early

Meghan and Carli (of the Meghan's Marauders/Carli's Crusaders Team) posing next to Meghan's pic near the starting line.

the team. I thought red shirts would stand out. Apparently everyone else did too, it was impossible to find each other in the sea of red.

Carli checking her blood sugar when we stopped for a break.

Meghan poking her finger.

Meghan putting the test strip to the blood sample. The blue thing is her insulin pump and the little tube connects it to an infusion site on her belly. This is how she gets the insulin she needs to keep her healthy. Every three days we change the site, but it will be in her 24/7, for the rest of her life.

oh yeah, nice armsock

scion crew resting under a tree

Bob, Chris, Michelle, and some of their kids. (and a mini-oki in the corner)

hairy old fat kid hanging out under a tree

Meghan walking with her friends (nice scion visor)

thanks again everyone.

Remember, the poker run is coming up, so there is a perfect opportunity to give what you can for these kids.

I expect to see a lot more of you scion owners out there next year.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I almost forgot, there are a couple guys that walked with us who need special recognition. Just in case you didn't know, Koolaid and hoodlum73 came out to walk with us on Saturday.

take a look at the usergroups above their user names. THAT's what I want to see more of.

thank you guys!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like I said before anything for the scion community...... will be there next year.... Love the pics......
Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My pleasure!!! Like Matt said, anything for OUR scion community! Not to get all mushy or anything, but for those of us who are single and don't have family on this side of the country...you guys are our family!!! So...Thank You and glad I could help!!! Also like Matt said...see you next year and I expect us to hold our own freakin' Show 'n' Shine in the parking lot since there will be so many of us!!!!!

Can't wait for the POKER RUN.......another great event brought to you by the boys at Camelback and helping the greater JDRF cause!!!!!

November 17th....be there!!! For those who couldn't walk, here is your chance to help, Meghan, Carli, their families and the rest of the Diabetes community out! As so many shirts said at the walk.....Insulin is not a cure!!!! Anything we can do to help is huge!!!!