K.O.T.S. WORST SHOW EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Default K.O.T.S. WORST SHOW EVER!!!

OK so here it is. King of the Streets last night had to have been the worst show ever I've attended in my opinion when it comes to organization, communication, scheduling, security, and judging.

The judging last night was a joke since it was hardly there at all. I was by my car pretty much all night so I know i didnt miss my car being judged more in depth than what I am about to explain happened. I saw the judges bouncing all over from one car to another instead of going down a line or in some kind of order. When they got to Jasons (KISS) xB next to my tC i saw them going over his car a little in detail but for only like a minute. Within that minute the three judges were going over his car ONE of the judges pulled away from the xB to look at my car LONG ENOUGH to write down the number on the sheet in my window and then walk back to the rest of the judges. He never walked around the car, took the time to look at anything done to it, hell he didnt even take the time to read the modifications i took the time to list on the sheet for my window. I am not the only one I have heard of that this happened to last night either, many people in fact told me that it happened to them as well when i brought up what they did.

As if judging wasn't already messed up enough around midnight there two people walking around the cars with like 10 plaques together between the two of them. They didnt have any staff shirts on or judging score cards so i asked if they were judges and they replied yes. I then asked if they were judging right now and they said yes but i noticed again that they didnt have any score sheets of any kind. They spent a little time on Jasons (KISS) xB and then just kept walking. Later that night they came back to me asking if I had a turbo so i was honest and told them no. They said they were looking for a Scion with "more done to it" and i asked them what they meant by that and they said performance. This was around 12:30 and they were just walking around basically trying to get rid of their plaques so they could go home for the night. A group of us saw them stop some guy in a Honda while he was leaving and have him show his car and open his hood real quick and then gave him a plaque.

I dont know who won for "most illegal" but i dont remember seeing anything out there more illegal the police strobes and police RED & BLUE lights behind the grill that I have on my tC. I'm sure they just didnt count since they never went over my car anyway. A small group of us were waiting around for the trophy award ceremony because we saw that there were trophies and the plaques. Finally after 12 i go up to the stage to ask when they're going to have the awards and they tell me they're all gone and there is no ceremony. So not only were we not notified that the awards were over and we don't have to stick around anymore but the people that did win didnt get the satisfaction of having their name called out and handed their trophy in front of the crowd.

When I talked to the person from Suicidal Trenz that was putting on the event i asked him if there was going to be security and police there and i was told yes. I didnt see one security person there last night and the only police i saw were the ones pulling over people leaving the event. Because of the lack of security i was able to watch a fight break out NEAR A SHOW CAR and a guy got punched over 4 times until their friends tried to break it up. At no point though did security show up.

For this even they had a main stage up front and among the show cars was a flat bed truck make shifted into a ghetto stage which was competing with the stage up front. During some competition going on with the main stage there was someone on the truck stage talking trash about the main stage and trying to get more people in front of his stage. I believe if you're going to have an event like this you control whats going on at the event and stuff like this shouldnt be going on.

The SPL competition was a good attempt but there wasnt enough care from the event promoter to actually do anything with it. He did not know how to put together classes so it would be fare for everyeone to compete so after talking to him i put together a way to make classes for everybody so that way everyeone can have a better chance to win instead of one winner of whoever is the loudest. When i get to the event he decided that he didnt want to do classes and was going just let it be a free for all, IMO i think it is because they didn't want to spend more money on trophies even though i know the Audio shop that was sponsoring the competition would have been interested in bring gift certificates for 2nd and 3rd place. I pulled my car up in front of the stage with my cop lights on to hopefully start drawing a crowd to the stage and get the SPL competition underway..........WHICH I DID. I thought it was stupid that they didnt turn down blaring music from the stage until the second or third car started to compete. I scored my highest SPL for this event which was a 142.3 DB. After they score my car one of the guys with a mic starts talking trash about my score like "thats it....man that aint loud i can't hear it from here". I think its pretty bad thinking to talk trash about the people who paid to be at your event and are the ones that MAKE your event, especially when he didnt know what the hell he was talking about and since I only have ONE 12 INCH WOOFER in my car a score of 142.3 is pretty good. This wasnt the first time they talked trash to us in my opinion though, there was a comment made earlier near the beginning of the show from the main stage "you guys need to stop babysitting your cars and come to the stage for the group that going to perform". Maybe I wouldn't have had to "babysit" my car if you actually hired security and people can respect other peoples property and I don't have to worry about someone stealing something out of my car or scratching the car just cuz they wanted to. I don't know what it is but the term "babysitting" kind of bothered me.

I know this was Suicidal Trenz first event but if you're going to put on an event like this and charge $25 for people to show and $15 for people to specate you better be on top of your game because those are not amateur prices for a car show. This was their first show and I wouldnt be surprised if it is their last, its at least the last show of theirs I'LL be going to. I think the pricing for the event was rediculous. When the people that are showing their cars are what makes up your show and without the cars YOU WOULD HAVE NO SHOW why you gotta charge our passengers the SAME PRICE as regular spectators? Some of us have support vehicles and some of us just have girlfriends or friends that like to come support us during a show. I know my girlfriend didnt want to come because of the price along with a few other peoples girlfriends. For the level quality of this show i think the price they were charging was rediculous, and If i could i would want my money back seeing as how i paid to be fairly judged and i did not recieve that. I know a refund will never happen, which is why i will never go to another one of their events.

I would like to thank Avondale Scion for participating once again in the local Scion community and being a sponsor for this event for a Scion/Lexus/Toyota class. I would think that any sponsors for this event should be dissapointed though by the level of quality of the show as well. I don't remember any announcements for Avondale Scion stating a class for Lexus and Toyota, that might not have been part of the agreement though. Either way of all the shows I've been to this really was the worst for the reasons listed above. Only compliment I could give to Suicidal Trenz would be that they have some fantastic looking models and some good looking rides, but their event skills need a lot of work.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, I'm glad I didn't go now. To bad it had to turn out like that.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Why does this not surprise me at all? Someone say Speedworld. Sorry that it was such a drag and an disappointment
Old 06-03-2007, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well said scott. Couldn't explain it any better.

I for one still enjoyed the show because of the caliber of vehicles there and the great friends and conversations the wife and I had. Besides our scions had the car show lit up like a christmas tree with all our lights and strobes going off.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Wow, thats all I can say...
Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no comment!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

So I when I meet someone who brags about winning @ King of the streets I am going to laugh in their face cuz they didn't really win anything? I mean I win my own car shows all the time! Sorry it sux so bad Scott and to the rest of you else that went too!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it SUCKED... i agree with everything scott said and more... judges were horrible....

we asked... did you judge the scions??

oh yeah ... we walked around earlier and picked the ones we liked...

funny ____ is... i was standing by my car the whole time and NO judge walked by them at ALL....

BULLS^*(#
Old 06-03-2007, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by keoki
no comment!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's my take, and I'm not trying to take anything away from what Scott said because he's absolutely right.

This was my first time at Spedworld and it wasn't as bad as what I expected from what I've read in the past. No drunk driving near-misses and the dust was only a foot thick instead of 2.

I was getting food when the judges came by (imagine that, me eating) but even though they spent no time, I think the Scion winners were all very deserving. A well-judged show would have probably come to the same results.

The crowd seemed to enjoy the SPL competition even if it was kind of a free-for-all and that's really all ST cares about, making the crowd happy so they can make money.

The event was probably a success for ST, there were a lot of people there that seemed to be enjoying themselves and if ST made money they'll do it again.

All in all I had a great time hangin out with friends and I think most of us did.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:02 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i would comment, but its all been said. what a joke...

congrats to all the winners
Old 06-03-2007, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

I apologize on behalf of Avondale Scion for the way some thing went last night, but I cant speak for ST because this is the first time we have worked with them. When I contacted St about sponsoring the show I wanted to make sure there was some sort of Scion class available to the community, so they gave us a toyota/scion/lexus class for all of thier categories for awards. I know the categories were going to be 1 award each "king of the streets" category for the whole show but I was able to get us our own set of categories. I just want to know where the scion performance award went to??
I totaly agree with the lack of security issue, and the constant bad mouthing od the show goers was unacceptable. The music that was chosen, live bands and dj's, were in my opinion bad taste. A few of us had made comments about us not hearing that many cus words in one show ever before coming from the stage, alot of it was in bad taste especially the live rap group with little kids rapping with the'f' word every other word in the song...
As a sponsor I would work with ST on another show but if the overseen issues arent looked into from this last show for the next one then I would not work with them after that.

I was thrilled to death for all the times they pluged Avondale Scion and the 2008 xb from the main stage , we didnt get any on that from the other shows we sponsored .

Congrats to all the winners.
Dagarheart-ice
Willie-bling
Randy - oldschool-eyecandy paint
the widebody tc
who got the performance award???
Old 06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Do I think the show was over priced for what it was. Yes... Do I think that ST has a lot of learning for putting on a show. Yes... Do I think their next one will be better. Yes...

From what I understand they are going to start planning the next one and it is suppose to be at Firebird. But considering that this was thier first show and they tried to pull something off this big, they did an ok job. They can only get better as far as putting on their next show.

As far as Entertainment, that needs some big improvement!!!!! I think the artists, if you can call them artist, could use the F word about 100,000 less times and still get the point across.

Judging, hell, I won an award and I never saw a judge. I agree with Scott. How did they judge?

But, all in all. For a club/what ever they are (ST), pulling something this big off like they did with the drags and all and never doing anything like this before, did okay.

In fact, I would compare this show to the NOPI show this last year. Very disorganized and very disappointing. But hell, NOPI has been doing shows for years. Looking at that, ST did not do so bad. Keep in mind. NOPI sucked too and they never kept to a schedule. If it were not for the fact that Scion paid for us to get in and they fed us, NOPI would have been worse that this at $50 per car.

Remeber, we all thought the same with NOPI and thier judging. Like I said before, for thier first show of this size, they can only get better. Compared to NOPI and how much experience they have, ST did just as good.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

One more thing. ST had a better vehicle turnout than NOPI for the car show.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ Ouch -- Glad I went to bed early. ^^^^^^^^ Damn .....
Old 06-04-2007, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scisko
So I when I meet someone who brags about winning @ King of the streets I am going to laugh in their face cuz they didn't really win anything? I mean I win my own car shows all the time! Sorry it sux so bad Scott and to the rest of you else that went too!
I wouldnt say that Sisko, this thread is not intended to take away from the people that won. The Scions that won were nice cars, but from who won I say that they are cars that you can look at and see whats done without having to imspect and go over the car. Because the judges didnt seem to want to actually judge and inspect the cars it would seem that they would win since you can spot the wide body kit from a distance, willie has a very presentable car, and David has clearly visible monitors and system along with his strobes.

Congrats to the winners though, i think you should have gotten trophies like the others but who knows what they were doing.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow glad I missed this, sounds like more hell than Nopi but at least it was only 1 day. Nopi was two days of chaos and hell all to end up with no trophies, a nasty fight in front of my kids, drunk morons tripping over eachother & a very small turn out *LOL* Man I cannot wait for Roswell again haha!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds all very GHETTTTTTTTTOOOOOOO.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well said, Scott. The only thing my girlfriend and myself enjoyed about this show was the company. I had wanted to see the car jumping contest but I never heard an announcement being made about where it was going on, so I missed it. Because of the lack of security my girlfriend had to stay with my car just so I could walk away for the few minutes that I did. The "judges" were very unprofessional(in many ways). The ghetto stage right next to us was definitely annoying and quickly gave me a headache Overall, I think this event was a waste of money as we all could have hung out somewhere for free and got just as much enjoyment out of the night. Congratulations to the winners, and hopefully ST hears about all of these things and improves in the future.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like Chad said~ Always something when it comes to Speed World Shows.. Sounds like I didnt miss much, but I really cant wait to see the drama posted when the midnight run is done

Quick Reply: K.O.T.S. WORST SHOW EVER!!!