Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

K.O.T.S. WORST SHOW EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:53 PM

i am sorry about what you guys thought about the show, i was one of the assistants, and i admit it wasn't organized. my boss was running around, trying to be a superman of sorts and did not leave me any info whatsoever. it was rough, so i am sorry for any inconvienience, i will take the blame, because i was at the stage most of the time. i was trying to get every thing organized, but i guess it didn't work out. i know that it was our first show, and we learn from our mistakes, so again, i am sorry.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hemikia
i am sorry about what you guys thought about the show, i was one of the assistants, and i admit it wasn't organized. my boss was running around, trying to be a superman of sorts and did not leave me any info whatsoever. it was rough, so i am sorry for any inconvienience, i will take the blame, because i was at the stage most of the time. i was trying to get every thing organized, but i guess it didn't work out. i know that it was our first show, and we learn from our mistakes, so again, i am sorry.
If this is Andrew i remember meeting you and you're definetely a cool guy. I would put a lot of blame on your ill trained judges as far as that part goes. I hope ST does not take this thread as a personal attack because that is not what it is, more venting on an event that did not go well.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you venting about not getting an award for most illegal or venting about the show in general? Not sure how to take it. The way I see the results, the right people won. Look at the Kastaways show and tell me the right people won. Look at the Fire It Up show, tell me ALL the right people won. It is a bunch of political BS when it comes to shows. ALL of you should know that. I won't spend another dime to go support these shows anymore because of that. The cars are not THAT close (mods wise or looks for that matter) like the lowrider scene that you can call it a toss up between all the cars at every event.
Everyone always complains about the shows and the judging, and as soon as someone from that organization that put the show on, comes on this forum, you totally change your tune. WTF? YOU GUYS SUCKED! Stick to your guns.
I'm out!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mywifesbox
Are you venting about not getting an award for most illegal or venting about the show in general? Not sure how to take it. The way I see the results, the right people won. Look at the Kastaways show and tell me the right people won. Look at the Fire It Up show, tell me ALL the right people won. It is a bunch of political BS when it comes to shows. ALL of you should know that. I won't spend another dime to go support these shows anymore because of that. The cars are not THAT close (mods wise or looks for that matter) like the lowrider scene that you can call it a toss up between all the cars at every event.
Everyone always complains about the shows and the judging, and as soon as someone from that organization that put the show on, comes on this forum, you totally change your tune. WTF? YOU GUYS SUCKED! Stick to your guns.
I'm out!
I'm not conceited in that i would be starting this thread just because i didn't win for most illegal, the judging as a whole was way off as far as giving each vehicle a complete run over.

I'm not doing a dance just because someone from ST came on here to post, I still believe the show was the worst and that the the organization of the event was horrible. However I did meet Andrew at the event and he was one of the few helpful ones at the event that was able to get the information that I needed and get me with the person at the show that I needed to talk to. I don't understand why he would take full blame especially since he wasn't one of the judges, i just wanted to point that out. I don't think that one person can take blame for everything that was wrong at this event unless you are the person in charge of the event and in charge of deligating projects for the event as well as in charge of qualifying the talent and help.

I will never complain about a show though just because i don't win, but i will be upset if i pay money to be fairly judged and it ends up being anything but. I have done many charity events in the past where i paid for nothing in return except the satisfaction of giving back. I'm not really sure why you would call me out on my intentions of this thread Eric but if you have any doubts, questions, or comments you would like to make to me please feel free to contact me directly.

No hard feelings
Old 06-04-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Please explane how you view shows as political? Just curious on your view. I hear this comment a lot and I do not view them as political.

What I do hear a lot of, is "this car has coilovers & that car has coilovers so they are equal" or for example, "This car has a flip out screen and that car has one, so they both have them and that should = the same points" that is laughable. Apples to oranges. A good judge that knows the industry and what he is judging looks at a lot more and also all of the fine details.

But for example, I won a 1st at NOPI, I still say it sucked and we were treated poorly / unorganized.

Bah it was there first event, Judge them by there next event and how they change things
Old 06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I was unhappy at the show, I didnt win, but I didnt expect to win. I just came to have my SPL measured and to bring out Ambers new xA. I was more dissappointed in my SPL reading than anything. But the judging seemed a little weird, but the ppl that won shouldve won. I may attend another show by ST, Just too see how the change it up. All in all they did have alot of things for differnt cars and stuff. Good idea, execution wasn't there. Maybe next time.

I dont feel Scotty J was complaining about not winning. He just felt the judging was odd. He has a pretty illegal mod, and I think he was wondering what it was that won it. We will never know cause they didnt present trophies they just dropped them off. Things were not normal at the show. We usually do big shows that are a little more organized and when we hit a show like this, everything just seemed odd.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I won most illegal .... i had crack cocaine all over my car the entire show... and heroin in my glove box
Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by soGone
I won most illegal .... i had crack cocaine all over my car the entire show... and heroin in my glove box
and you didn't share
Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

political as in i dont like this guy cause he beat me at another show and since it's our show we'll pick this other guy to win instead! politics suck!

judging shouldve been better but i think da guys that won deserved it. especially oldskool (Randy) and they shouldve announced all da winners that way we knew who won each category.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ah gotcha, I never have known any of the judges before I went to a show so I do not know much about that.

But I do feel ya about being singled out or treating ____ty if you win an event. Has happened to me a few times. While the win feels great, the people you compete against usually are not so nice to you after if they feel they should have won. Ah well
Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Old 06-04-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Old 06-04-2007, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by keoki

judging shouldve been better but i think da guys that won deserved it. especially oldskool (Randy) and they shouldve announced all da winners that way we knew who won each category.
I could not agree more. Randy should win in other show, but never does. He has an awesome xB and does has a lot of detail.

As far as best ICE (In Car Entertainment, the catagory I won), I honestly think that Dave with the game system on the back that his son dances on had the best ICE. The only reason I see they would have picked me over him was the more TVs and I was playing Star Wars really loud. lol

But I agree, judges did not look very hard at vehicles.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

The dealership paid to have the Scion classed awards, I would like to know where the rest of the awards went like "underconstruction", "most illegal". If ST has these still, then I would like to have them so I can hand them out to who shouldve recieve them..
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

A good judge will spend a fair amount of time with each vehicle and usually have a time limit to look at each. Also have a very short interview period with the owner about the car only.

Somtimes interviews with judges hurt and somtimes it helps *LOL* I had a judge in which we all know well "cough RADO cough" haha go through my car and asked what the signatures were on the back of my seats, they are from Adam Saruwatari a famous drag racer I like, but turns out Rado and him have nasty beef so that hurt *LOL*

Basically the more the judge can find out about the car without having to speak to anyone, the better as they are not judging your personality, but your car and the work you have done.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Yeah, Amber shouldve won undercontruction scince its stock and she is goint to start modding it. LOL
Old 06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by n2htwlz
The dealership paid to have the Scion classed awards, I would like to know where the rest of the awards went like "underconstruction", "most illegal". If ST has these still, then I would like to have them so I can hand them out to who shouldve recieve them..
that sux to hear that not all of them were passed out.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

Originally Posted by MTcX
Originally Posted by n2htwlz
that sux to hear that not all of them were passed out.
I know ...
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
A good judge will spend a fair amount of time with each vehicle and usually have a time limit to look at each. Also have a very short interview period with the owner about the car only.

Somtimes interviews with judges hurt and somtimes it helps *LOL* I had a judge in which we all know well "cough RADO cough" haha go through my car and asked what the signatures were on the back of my seats, they are from Adam Saruwatari a famous drag racer I like, but turns out Rado and him have nasty beef so that hurt *LOL*

Basically the more the judge can find out about the car without having to speak to anyone, the better as they are not judging your personality, but your car and the work you have done.
Maybe they didn't realize how long it was going to take them to judge all the cars, or maybe they were understaffed in the judging dept. I know we were overwhelmed at our car show last year, but we took our time and spent equal time on each car. Running a car show means you need proper staff, staff that is easily accessible and filled with info, and plenty of patience.

I remember hearing you, Jeremy, and Rado talk about that when I was walking around your car.

I don't like to talk to the drivers unless I see things that may be functional or merely cosmetic. Such as NOS bottles in the back...I had to ask BiggJ if they were functional because form and function need to go hand in hand. Other people also pointed out things that may have gone unnoticed to the judges which is more than welcome. Just don't push it too much or you'll go too far and tick off the judge.

Steve
Old 06-04-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Exactly, that is why the best bet is to have displays or info on your car for the judge to read or check out, talking them to death does no good and usually hurts Let them get there job done.

Sad to see in the case of this show, it sounds like no job was being done in an organized fashion.

Quick Reply: K.O.T.S. WORST SHOW EVER!!!