K.O.T.S. WORST SHOW EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoswellScion
Maybe they didn't realize how long it was going to take them to judge all the cars, or maybe they were understaffed in the judging dept. I know we were overwhelmed at our car show last year, but we took our time and spent equal time on each car. Running a car show means you need proper staff, staff that is easily accessible and filled with info, and plenty of patience.

Steve
I would agree with you IF the judging process wasn't flawed to begin with since i would see them judging one car at the end of an aisle and skip to ANOTHER car in a DIFFERENT aisle instead of just going down the line. I asked them if they were going to go down the line even for the judging so i had an idea of when they would be at my car and they didnt, the Scion they were judging at that time they just bounced to another one. So it is no wonder you can't get cars judged properly when your process of picking is "inny miney mo".
Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I just wish that someone would actually put on a good show that everyone likes and enjoys. Not to mention safe one and with trash cans at Speedworld. Seems that the events at Speedworld have been a disaster. Im sure ST worked their asses to make the best show they could do, but maybe didnt dot the "I"'s and cross the "T"'s like they thought they did at the time.

From what I read it is more than just judging that was the problem, but it was a large part of it.

Judging flat out sucks for the competitors and the judges alike. There are so many cars and so many people with so little time to be fair and accurate all the time. No to mention that everyone thinks they should win or they want to win. Ive been on both sides of the coin and I feel for the judges I really do cuz their bosses dont give a rats behind about them.

As mentioned before hopefully ST will learn from this and work to make a better show next time. I was surprised to see how many people jumped on the Midnight Run Show at Speedworld though. That was teh worst show I have ever been too last year and Ive been to a lot of them.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

It is hard to please everyone as rockblocker said. What makes shows fun regardless of getting a trophy or not is just hanging out with friends as Oldskool said. I get a lot out of shows because I mingle with friends. That is what I find fun... It is cool if it works in my favor and I get a prize, but that is secondary. I can see why some people do not have fun. You do not have to just sit behind your car. There are alot of us there and we all help each other. Heck, you can go two cars down and mingle with another Scion owner instead of just sitting there watching your car. Heck you can do that two cars down also. We are all there to help each other out. Heck, at hot import nights, Boomster saw someone steal Randode's trophy and got Yellowsub. Then Yellowsub went and got it back. We are all a team and part of the same Scion family.

Heck, I missed the judging at one show and Randode happend to be there and he knew most of the work done to the car, so the talked to the judge for me. For the most part when it comes to my car, I trust most of the Scion owners to have my back. I know they would want me to do the same for them. That is what this Scion family is all about.

This was not a pot shot at you Scott, just informing some others that we are all there for each other. IMHO Get to know everyone in the community and let them get to know you and you will have a friend for life. Even if they sell their Scion. Get to know others in other clubs outside of your club or not in a club at all. We are all part of the same Scion family. I am not saying to abandon your friendships in your clubs, just expand them to get to know others. I try and sometimes I get ignored but I have not met a scion owner that I did not have respect for. Why? Because we all love our cars and enjoy modding them and participating in the same event and we, for the most part, have the same goals. I got your back...
Old 06-05-2007, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

very well said dagarhart!! we called dat OHANA!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hawaiianxbzee
very well said dagarhart!! we called dat OHANA!
x2
Old 06-05-2007, 06:50 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well put
Old 06-05-2007, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by MTcX
Originally Posted by hemikia
i am sorry about what you guys thought about the show, i was one of the assistants, and i admit it wasn't organized. my boss was running around, trying to be a superman of sorts and did not leave me any info whatsoever. it was rough, so i am sorry for any inconvienience, i will take the blame, because i was at the stage most of the time. i was trying to get every thing organized, but i guess it didn't work out. i know that it was our first show, and we learn from our mistakes, so again, i am sorry.
If this is Andrew i remember meeting you and you're definetely a cool guy. I would put a lot of blame on your ill trained judges as far as that part goes. I hope ST does not take this thread as a personal attack because that is not what it is, more venting on an event that did not go well.
yeah, i'm andrew, i got our judges from my old school UTI and a few were og's of our old car club. anyways. you were a pretty cool guy yourself. and i found true police LED Strobes, you might like em. they are the ones actually used on undercover cars. check out spy headquarters on northern.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like we need to get another Apocalypse Show in order
Old 06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I sent a link of this thread to ST on the my space page and this is the response:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO AND COMMENTS.
IM NOT SURPRISED ABOUT HOW EVERYONE FELT ABOUT
THE FIRST "KING OF THE STREETS". I ONLY CAN SAY IS THAT "KING OF THE STREETS" WILL ONLY GET BETTER! MY NUMBER 1 CONCERN IS THE CUSTOMERS. WE TAKE THE COMMENTS AS ADVISE AND NOT HATE MAIL! WE ARE HAPPY SO MANY VOICED THEIR OPINIONS BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE "KING OF THE STREETS" A BETTER SHOW NEXT YEAR. THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT SHOWED UP THIS YEAR AND HOPEFULLY WE SEE YOU NEXT YEAR. IF YOU DO HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TELL US ABOUT. PLEASE SEND IT TO info@suicidaltrenz.com or call 4802082471. WE WILL TAKE ALL THE ADVISE TO HART AND WITH PASSION. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO ALL THAT SHOWED UP.

CLARK FUECONCILLO
ST PROMOTIONS OWNER
Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

thank you ST for the positive response to our feedback.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:24 AM

your welcome, any time
Old 06-06-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Hell, I will participate in another ST show. You guys have some cute models...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by dagarhart

Is the NOS speaking again?? Better not let the wife see that... j/k
Old 06-06-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mooneyzs
Originally Posted by dagarhart

Is the NOS speaking again?? Better not let the wife see that... j/k
My wife knows. She also knows who I come home to.