Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Long time.. No... Talk..?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member

Default Long time.. No... Talk..?

I know I am horrible for not stayin' a part of the group for so long.. Please forgive me... Haha.. Well, for those of you that knew and/or remember me anyway.. I guess I was never really extremely social anyway.

I have a question tho, that I'm sure gets posted on here a lot, so please don't kill me for asking instead of spending hours searching the site, looking for n answer.

You hear it all the time.. "I think I might sell my tC" .. It's a sad thing to say. I still love my car dearly. But there comes a time when bigger better things just look.. BIGGER and BETTER... lol.

So, For an 05 tC, with 12-13000 miles, 18" rims, lowered, with cold air intake.. and a few other little extras... what would this REALLLY go for on the street? I see tC's for sale ALLL OVER for 19,995 or whatever. But is this REALLY working? If you ask me, the car is worth that... I've never regretted spending a single penny that I spent on my car, it's worth far more in compairison.

I just thought, no one would know better than the cool people here on Scionlife, so if you happen to know anyone who has sold or anything about what is truely being paid for these, pleaasse let me know.

For now, I am just considering lettin my precious tC go. I haven't decided if what I want next is REALLY worth the extra money.. a tC can really make you appreciate getting A LOT for a little.. ya know?

...Maybe you can even talk me out of it..!? Haha..

Thanks in advance for the help. If anyone on here is actually looking for a tC definately let me know also.. Thanks a million.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

call Mark and Bryan at CB. They know best the market for tC's - stranger
Old 06-02-2006, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member

Hey you.. Congrats.. I just read the thread about you tyin the knot. Good for you!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

wow, i have 6000 miles more than you do on my car and had it less time and its a one year newer car. What bigger and better car are you thinking of moving onto?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MTcX
wow, i have 6000 miles more than you do on my car and had it less time and its a one year newer car. What bigger and better car are you thinking of moving onto?
I think it might be this!

Old 06-02-2006, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member

Haha .. that's pretty funny. I'm thinkin..... of...... a Lexus IS 250....
Old 06-02-2006, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member

....Ahh, what a beauty......
Old 06-03-2006, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by boomster
Originally Posted by MTcX
I think it might be this!

no, no, no...

Old 06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Am I daydreaming or have they raised the prices??

I have been drooling over the IS350 for months...but I am not spending the money unless I can afford all the options that I want
Old 06-05-2006, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member

Well I want the 250 6 Speed. The 350 doesn't come in a 6 speed Manual. Not sure how much those were going for, but the 350's are a pretty penny more than the 250. I will be plenty happy with a 250, myself. Except I am learning that the one I want is very rare, or so they are telling me. It may be a while before I get one now. I may even just hold off untill the 07's come out in September, and order the one I want.

Good things are worth waiting for... right?
Old 06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and good things come in small packages...LOL...we miss you!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly what color or options are you looking for?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Eddieg
and good things come in small packages...LOL...we miss you!
I 2nd that!! :D
Old 06-05-2006, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member

Lookin for the 250 6 Speed, in Smokey Granite Mica. (I was told it only comes in Red, Black and Smokey Granite.. )

Originally I wanted the Sport Package. I was told that it didnt come on the 250 at all. I eventually proved them wrong, but now I am not even sure I want that (for 4k). I may just do standard all stock and put some extras in myself. I just really want the heated/cooled seats with preforated leather. I guess it depends. If I wait for the 07, it may be a while anyway. But if you have some connections.. please let me know. As usual, I've been told lots of different things by the sales guys and none of which was to my liking. I still need to sell my car also, since they wont give me anything close to what it's worth as a trade in.

It's funny because the Lexus guys seem to not even care about selling the cars. Like they don't rely on commission or something. Can't quite figure that one out.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member

So when and where is the next meet. I should come hang out before I no longer qualify. Haha.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You are always welcome to hang out

I decided I am just going to steal Bryan's car It would be easier that way lol

Mine will cost about 42 I figure...damn cars lol....one day....
Old 06-05-2006, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MegTC
Lookin for the 250 6 Speed, in Smokey Granite Mica. (I was told it only comes in Red, Black and Smokey Granite.. )

Originally I wanted the Sport Package. I was told that it didnt come on the 250 at all. I eventually proved them wrong, but now I am not even sure I want that (for 4k). I may just do standard all stock and put some extras in myself. I just really want the heated/cooled seats with preforated leather. I guess it depends. If I wait for the 07, it may be a while anyway. But if you have some connections.. please let me know. As usual, I've been told lots of different things by the sales guys and none of which was to my liking. I still need to sell my car also, since they wont give me anything close to what it's worth as a trade in.

It's funny because the Lexus guys seem to not even care about selling the cars. Like they don't rely on commission or something. Can't quite figure that one out.
I know what you mean...I went thru the same **** when looking for my 350, and mind you I've been selling cars for 4 years now. When I walked into Bell Lexus I told them if they could give me $16K for the tC I would buy right then. Four sales people sat there and talked trash. I just looked at them and asked "do you guys always try to talk your customers out of buying a car?" They sat there with dumb looks on there faces. That's when Brooke Hopkins, their new guy, came over to help me. He's way cool. I've already put a call into him for you.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member

Aww thanks Bryon. You're da man! Haha.

That would be awesome, to talk to someone who gives a ____. I went to Bell Leus first. I got some 90 year old guy who didn't know the first thing about the cars he was selling. Then I decidedto go to Scottsdale Lexus in hopes of talking to someone a little more knowledgable and helpful. I had to hunt someone down and practically beg them to talk to me.

Im at work & I gotta get outta here.

Let me know if you hear anything. You're awesome!!