Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

MAJOR ISSUES WITH COX COMMUNICATIONS, ANYONE ELSE? THEY SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default MAJOR ISSUES WITH *** COMMUNICATIONS, ANYONE ELSE? THEY SUCK

*** communications SUCKS.... Anyone else have issues?

Well I have to rant and it is a long rant so hang in there. When I lived in Tempe we had nothing but issues with *** communications. Seemed like we had a tech out every other week for our high speed internet. It basically was down 3-5 times a day. Every time a tech came out they gave us the same old BS story "it is your cable modem" Well I tried 3 different brands of cable modems "which I knew was not the issue, and they still claimed it was our modem. So I they told me I had to buy there toshiba modem. Did that, guess what? STILL THE SAME PROBLEM. Then they claimed it was my PC, I had 4 pc's in the house at the time so was NOT my pc's so I told the tech to try his laptop I saw on the seat of his truck. Yep same issue so he could not pass the buck there either... So I made them give me my money back on the modem and went back to the original linksys modem I had. Now the *** at *** were telling me they have a problem with there "area node" in Tempe and everyone is going through this. They are telling me this now after a YEAR of BS and lies and countless calls. I put up with the crap for three years at that location and probably 150 calls and finally moved out to were I am now in Coolidge.

Well BLISS at last! In Coolidge we had Cable America. We never had a single problem. Customer service was great, the lies and bs stopped. techs knew what they were doing... ah finally the way it should be. Well as some of you know, *** bought cable america. Right off we had MASSIVE billing issues, in which I had to submit a lot of documents from my bank proving they received payment as they would claim they never received it every month. This went on for months as well, almost 6 months straight, threatening letters saying they were shutting things off when I had proof of payment each month. Heck one month I had to DOUBLE PAY to get them to turn it back on!!!!!!!!!!!! It took them 4 months to credit that back to me after I proved I made the original payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally they fixed there billing and that has been ok. For all the insane hassle they told me that I would receive 3 month of service FREE!!! Yeah that sounded great! More lies and smoke up my ****. They NEVER gave me the three months free and would claim it was not on file and they would not do anything for me. MORE LIES! They never made good on this promise.

Now guess what? My internet in Coolidge is down everyday on and off for the last month just like it was in Tempe. I asked all the neighbors I know in the area that also use *** and there net is down as well and they have been calling daily having techs come out.

Even though the internet goes down at everyones house at the same time each day, they are claiming "it is probably your modem" to each of us. My god I HATE these idiots. When we tell them that ALL of our houses, every house in the area with *** are going in and out at the same time, they play dumb and claim that "no one else in the area is calling in" OMG the LIES keep on coming!

So this time I had 2 friends across the street come over that have been calling *** daily trying to have them fix things. We all call *** as they were lying to them as well saying that "no one else in the area is calling in" FINALLY SOME FIREPOWER AGAINST THERE LIES,, or so I thought hahaha!!! Then when the idiots at *** claim yet again on this call that "no one else is calling" we get in on a 3 way call and have them each give there name and number to the *** person to prove there are others with the issue. So this person now says to hold on that she did not see the other calls and HANGS UP ON US!!!! We call back yet again, do the exact same thing and then get on another 3 way call, Guess what, they HANG UP ON ALL THREE OF US AGAIN! We try a 3rd time and this person takes the call and helps us sending another tech out to just my house as ther other people had techs already setup.

Well this tech tells my wife that "over time, cable modems do not pick up the signal as well and we need to buy a new one *LOL* so he then bs's my wife more and tells her that "yeah, you need a new modem for sure as this modem is low on signal" *LOL* OMFG the lies and total BS. I sooo wish I was home to give this moron a lashing. I am waiting to hear back from my buds in the area to see what BS line *** has given them. I am so sick of this crap.

I hope the news does one of those 3 on our side things or whatever where they catch shady crappy businesses in there lies and deception to there customers. I have spent enough hours to count for DAYS of my life gone trying to get *** communications to own up to there crap and stop the bs, lies and general crap that they pull all the time

In short I am TIRED of ***'s constant...
- FLAT OUT LIES TO CUSTOMERS
- PASSING THE BUCK WHEN THEY ARE THE ISSUE
- TECHS THAT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING "some may but not the ones that come to my house"
- BILLING ISSUES THAT TAKE MONTHS TO RESOLVE, 500 FAXES, AND GENERAL BS / LIES TO CUSTOMERS
- CRAPPY UNRELIABLE SERVICE THAT CUTS IN AND OUT ALL OF THE TIME
- CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS THAT HANG UP ON YOU WHEN YOU PROVE THEY ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH
- PROMISES THAT THEY MAKE THAT THEY DO NOT OWN UP TO

If any of you are having issues like these please post up in detail all the crap you are going through.

Last I am so sick and tired of the crap, I am looking into, as well as my friends are looking into somthing else for net / cable. Do any of you use somthing else like Dish, or direct TV..? I do not want these *** suckers to get another dime of my cash. Worst large company I have ever delt with in my life. They are just HORRIBLE.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine just gets really really slow..... and sometimes dies out.... sounds like *** to me... ive had your same problems as well
Old 06-11-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks for posting man. Hope others with issues pop up, not that it will do anything but want to voice how bad they have sucked for me.

Hope some users of other services speak up and let me know how they like or hate there companies...
Old 06-11-2007, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got Qwest choice TV & online (not quite the same as the regular Qwest dsl). We very rarely have problems, something like 2 or 4 times a year at most and they clear up on their own usually within an hour. I've only had to reset the box once or twice in the 5 or 6 years we've had it.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Good to know man thanks! One of my buds is going the quest route as he says his phone and net are all one one bill, and I have quest so that may work... Good to know they have been reliable.

I totally would not mind 6-8 times a year being down but 4-6 times a day is insane.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Qwest here also....Only problem I have is this site.....Sometimes it acts like I'm on dial up...Yet, every other site I go to is blazing fast.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kahuna
Qwest here also....Only problem I have is this site.....Sometimes it acts like I'm on dial up...Yet, every other site I go to is blazing fast.
I think I read a thread where SL is working on it. It was just going to take a couple months.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I have seen both. If you get in a reliable area for each, they are both good. Qwest has worked on their customer service quite a bit from 5-7 years ago.

*** now is experiencing what Qwest did back years ago. *** is severely lacking customer service and the technical knowledge. But if you get in a good area for either you have it made. I have ***, hate to call them, but I am only down less than once a month. Good luck with your problems.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks man, I've had almost every high speed internet service over the years, from uswest/qwest/speedchoice/sprint/now ***, and *** has by far been the fastest and most reliable. The only thing I would switch to ever, due to speed, would be Verizon FIOS, but its expensive, and *** will just match their speed anyways. I've had a few friends that worked for ***, and have heard lots of stories, but I do think they are just really horrible in certain areas and don't do much to fix it. I have a friend that currently works for qwest, and they seem to be reliable but don't offer as much speed as ***.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no problemos 4 me yet!
Old 06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

well, my biggest problems with *** aren't on the high speed venue...it's more with my cable t.v. Was ready to rip someone's head off when I had a grip of people over for the delajoya/mayweather and the picture cut out...for half of the damned fight. Needless to say I was slightly irate.

~Fred
Old 06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

That sucks man... go figure it would happen at the worse time.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

I have *** here and the only problem i have is with the digital cable... my place doesn't get a much of a signal so some of the channels won't come in... but then i had a tech guy come out who was contracted out by *** ( I don't consider him to be a true employee of ***) anyways he changed ALL of the wiring and such also put a big a$$ amplifire on my box and WOW every channel comes in great!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Nice man, that is a good story for them. Gald it is working out for you, mabey I am one of the ones getting crapped on. Heck I have had around 5-6 pm's from this post talking about how bad they suck but I notice none of those people have posted up hahaha. Figures.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

My brother has them in Texas and he said they really suck there.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wow your just a little ____ed arent ya. I had issues with them too when they were still building the neighborhood, but since they finished it has been okay.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

we have *** digital cable with DVR service and high speed internet. We lost signal the other day but were able to bring it back with their automated customer service within about 10 minutes. Although I'm glad the automated service was able to repair the issue i like having a person on the phone more. I also understand though that having a person on the phone means another paycheck for them and another rate hike which is far from what we want, so as long as their automated service can fix that I'm ok unless they can get free labor INSIDE THE COUNTRY to answer the phones.

I think Heidi would have to voice here opinion on billing problems though because I do believe we have had some billing issues but nothing like what you're having Jeremy. I hope that somebody important in *** Communications sees this and resolves your issue once and for all.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whenever its windy (like last night) our tv gets pixels off and on (103rd + deer valley rd),and the internet is slowwww. ***!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Sux to hear. I have had *** for 4 years now and I have never had a prob. Heck, when I moved they forgot to start billine me for the move and I didn't get charged for 3 months. My account was "Frozen "(But I still got all the channels!). I had to call them to send me a bill!LOL STUPID ME!..Sux they treat other people that way though. P.S. Dishes suck worse. I have a friend who would make you cry with his DISH stories....Hope it gets better Jeremy!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sweet man Yeah the billing is finally straight but now it is the service that has gone to the birds all over again. And yeah, I am just a little ____y *LOL* Tired of all the time spent on them trying to get things going over and over and over... then over again and the lies.. blah blah [/endrant]

Quick Reply: MAJOR ISSUES WITH COX COMMUNICATIONS, ANYONE ELSE? THEY SUCK