Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Poker Run Week!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Poker Run Week!!

Well we are less than a week away and its time to get this event kicked into high gear. Now that I am back to work and the baby is doing well and out of danger. For those that dont know my wife had our baby 6 weeks early. Guess he wanted to be at the event too!!

First and foremost we had told everyone that we would have an East side event, but do to new regulations made by Scion and territorial rights we have had to keep this event in our area. We will be driving out east and south but have to the event in Central Phoenix. Hope everyone can understand this it out of control.

Are you ready everyone!!! The time is almost here for the Poker Run/Charity EVENT!!!! We hope you enjoy it as much as we think you will. Time to get those rides cleaned to show them off and raise some $$$ for the JDRF too!! Some important info that you will need to be informed about before attending the event if you still have any questions please contact Chad Hatfield or Bryan Lonsberry at Camelback Scion.

Important Information for the event!!!!

- First and foremost this is a fun family event. There is NO NEED to Speed along the way. If you are caught speeding you will be asked to leave and be disqualified no exceptions!!
- Please bring with you a $5, 2 $1 bills and 8 cents to participate in the event. $5.00 is the entry fee to participate. $1.00 will be used for a prize and the other $1.08 will be used somewhere along the way. LOL
- There will be Four Checkpoints - When you complete the Challenge you will be able to draw for a card. Best Hand Wins
- Not required, but we do recommend bringing a Co-pilot for this event. Two reasons - someone to read your directions while you drive and there will be duo challenges where you WILL need a partner. All ages are invited to come to this event. The Scion only portion will be the Poker Run portion of the event.
- BE SAFE, have fun and enjoy your fellow Scion Owners
- Bring a 4 x 6 photo of your favorite celebrity. This is a MUST HAVE If you do not have one we will provide one for you!!!

- New Bonus CARD Addition for this year - You can receive an extra bonus card for a total of 6 cards to build your best hand IF you bring a NEW Scion Owner to this event. They cannot be currently on Scion LIFE or Scionetics before Sept 30th, 2007. What does this mean well if you find, locate, meet or run into another Scion Owner in your day to day life after Sept 30th, 2007, you can bring them to this event and you will RECEIVE a BONUS Card. They can sign up on Scionetics after Sept 30th for the roll call.

Starting Point and End Point

- Start Location is at Camelback Scion Employee Parking Lot located at the corner of 15th ave and Pierson behind the dealership. If you cannot find this location please call us at the Scion Dept at 602-264-2841 and ask for Bryan or Chad. or drive to 1333 E Camelback RD., Phoenix, AZ. 85323

- End Point is going to be at 1202 E Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ. 85014 at Phoenix College.

Reason why:

This is a Charity event to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. We are donating the money to the JDRF in the Douthitt Family name. Their daughter Meghan has been effected by Juvenile Diabetes.

Here is a short story on Meghan written by her Father Brent.

As you all know, my daughter Meghan was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes on August 23, 2005. We were fairly new to the Scion community at that time, having purchased the Camobox on Memorial Day that year. We were actually at a Scion meet at Amazing Jakes when we decided that there was something wrong with Meghan and we needed to take her to the Dr. She had been drinking and peeing a lot for a couple weeks, but that night was just ridiculous. She had also been eating a lot, sometimes as much as me and I'm one of those fat guys that likes food. Meghan had always been fairly thin, but right around that time we noticed that her hip bones and ribs were were sticking out. Something was definitely wrong. We went to the Dr a couple days later and they made the diagnosis. Meghan was very lucky. Her blood glucose was over 600 (100 is normal), but she had not developed a condition called DKA, which is life-threatening. Because of that we were actually able to go home for a couple of hours and pack while Phoenix Children's Hospital got a bed ready for her. She spent 3 days in the hospital while they Drs. got her dosages figured out and the CDE's taught us how to keep her alive. When we came home from the hospital Meghan got at least 4 shots of insulin a day. It only took her a few weeks to learn to test her blood sugar herself which she did (and still does, and will continue to do for the rest of her life) about 8-10 times per day. About 10 months later she started giving herself the shots. Last fall Meghan got an insulin pump which has a small tube inserted under her skin through which she receives the insulin she needs. Every 3 days we change the injection site. She will live with this device attached to her until the researchers supported by JDRF find a cure, only removing it for showers and swimming. Every carbohydrate that goes into her body must be accounted for and the proper dose of insulin given, every carbohydrate FOREVER.

Our Goals:

Raise awareness for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Efforts
Bring car enthusiasts together for a Show and Shine
Raise $10,000 for the JDRF
Have lots of fun, laughs and good times had by all

Event Schedule:

Poker Run starting at 1:00 pm
Drive around town with a few stop points for challenges
Arrive at finish line/charity location at 4:00 PM.
Show and Shine will run from 4 PM til 8 PM.
Food and Drink available at Charity Location all day
Raffle and Auction All Day
Will have giveaways at the event being passed out throughout the day
Grand Prize from the Poker Run will be given away as well.

We will not be using any of the donations to pay for the event!! 100% of the proceeds will go to Charity.

Bring your shiny cars and boxes along with some money to get some great products as well as raise money for the JDRF. Lets make this event ROCK!!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chad call me this week and let me know what you are needing help with
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks Dave. I do need some help
Old 11-11-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I understand the regional thing. Because Camelback Scion is putting this on, they have to remain in the central phoenix area. If it were just a Scion thing, it could go anywhere.

I am just happy to be doing this for JDRF and the potencial of helping thousands of children and adults find a cure. We are so looking forward to this event.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

This is going to be a fun event everyone!!! Looking forward to seeing all that show up.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Whose gonna win an HID kit?? OR maybe a new set of wheels
Old 11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RockBlocker
Me!!! Oh yeah! I already have both.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by dagarhart
Maybe you would like to win something else. say another stereo too
Old 11-12-2007, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soundwerks just stepped and is offering a bass upgrade and install free or charge!!

Thanks Don and everyone at Soundwerks
Old 11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys, PC is at 1202 W. Thomas, not east

see you saturday
Old 11-12-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by dudehitt
hey guys, PC is at 1202 W. Thomas, not east

see you saturday
Good catch!

Endpoint:
1202 W. Thomas Rd
Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dagarhart
Maybe you would like to win something else. say another stereo too
I do not care if I win anything. I just want to be part of this event. I am hoping my car will be fixed by then...
Old 11-12-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I hope it is too....Remember you can buy raffle tickets and possibly an win an auction too. Any money that anyone can donate is much appreciated
Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 AM
n7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default Re: Poker Run Week!!

- New Bonus CARD Addition for this year - You can receive an extra bonus card for a total of 6 cards to build your best hand IF you bring a NEW Scion Owner to this event. They cannot be currently on Scion LIFE or Scionetics before Sept 30th, 2007. What does this mean well if you find, locate, meet or run into another Scion Owner in your day to day life after Sept 30th, 2007, you can bring them to this event and you will RECEIVE a BONUS Card. They can sign up on Scionetics after Sept 30th for the roll call.
i just told a guy at work about this that just bought an 08 xb a few weeks ago...he never heard of scionlife.com but said he'd be down when i told him about the poker run!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sweet. the more the merrier!!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

i might not be able to make it this year. car will be in pieces this weekend. Might see if i can borrow my sisters xb while she out of town.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm soooo excited for this event, i'll be there camera in hand!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

5 days away, amigos!

i've been trying to recruit, but like i haven't seen any scions. lol
Old 11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Tick tock, get your car clean to show to everyone

Quick Reply: Poker Run Week!!