Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Pure Pricing???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I truely think that this thread has been discussed in detail from both parties.

Jacman, as you can see if you want to rescind the deal they are offering it. That is pretty bold and honorable of them to do. Avondale Scion is a good dealer anyway you want to look at it. If you decide to speak with or not that is your right. We all know that when buying a car is a nerve racking process.

Im not sure what you are trying to accomplish here, but let it go. We all know that dealers are in it to make money, thats just a fact of life. The difference here is Scion is not like walking into most dealerships that will run you through the ringer and try to get every single nickel they can from you and then take your unborn child just cause they can.

I'm saying this to say that the Avondale dealership is not very fair.
The only thing to say and learn from here is if you are not happy then you have the right to buy from someone else. Complaining after the fact doesnt really do much for anyone.

Chris, Kudos to you, Avondale Scion and Brian for stepping up and addressing the issue at hand in a professional and timely manner.

Disclaimer, I do not work for Avondale Scion or any Scion dealer. Just giving my .02 cents here
Old 01-31-2007, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member

This sucks you had a bad experince. Personally I bought my XB two years ago from Larry Miller up on Bell. I took in my ride for the 1st complementary oil change. The service was horrible. I won't get into details. Point being ever since then I have taken the drive to Avondale and have never had any issues. If I ever trade in my XB that is where I will be going. As for the point about pure pricing and trade in value.. My brother works in insurance, I can tell you that every dealer is the same. They will give you what is called ACV. Acutal Cash Value for your vehilce. They will simply look at other dealers, private partys, and see what your vehicle is worth in your area..

You have to credit to a dealer however if they are willing to have their customer come back and put everybody back where the were before the purchase. To me that says something.

And by the way, I was up there 3 weeks ago getting my 40k service done and thought I saw N2HTWLZ XB up there. Awesome your working there man. Congrats.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Bottom line, as stated by Rockblocker, if you do not like your deal. They offer to take it back. Take it back. A dealer will not loose money. They will only give you what they can get for the vehicle selling it to a used car lot. (wholesale)

Then they will turn around and either sell it on their used car lot for more or they will sell it to a used car dealer for what they paid you for it. The bottom line is that a dealer will not loose money.