Ready to join Scion Apocalypse?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Good Point Chad....

I also want it known that I am not knocking anyone for starting clubs or anything. I think its fine and dandy, more power to you. Guess from my experience from a club back home is why I posted the concerns that could possibly come from some people that are interested in the club and I understand that ScionApocalypse is still working up details for their club. I was in a club back home where if you missed 2 meets in a row you got a fine and I guess that sorta left a sour taste with me cause when I went away to college it really wasn't easy for me to make the meetings. So it got to where it wasn't fun for me anymore and now I guess thats why I prefer the un-club cause I just want things to be fun.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

what is SCION Apocolypse offering people as being members besides a giant vinyl on their windshield

Old 03-14-2007, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by MTcX
what is SCION Apocolypse offering people as being members besides a giant vinyl on their windshield

we have t-shirts with Popsicles on them.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I like popsicles. Im down. LOL
Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionApocalypse

Old 03-14-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Andrew1782
Originally Posted by ScionApocalypse

hah i lol'ed at work
Old 03-14-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am picking out my wheels right now.....just because I want a popsicle shirt...that is really all I care about!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's how I see it. The people in the club are still the same people they were before. They will continue to do the things they did before and hang out with the people they did before. Scikotics calls itself the "friendly scion club" or something like that, all comers welcome. Scion Apocalypse is a club for those with show cars. If you don't have video you don't fit with what they are trying to be, and you shouldn't even want to be part of that particular club unless you are at that level.

There is a place for everyone. In a club or out of it.

That said, I have a XM radio that I got free from Scion at HIN and I've done a lot of visual mods to my stock audio, does that count? :ROFL:

Really, clubs or no clubs, the people are the same. Boomster isn't going to stop talking to me because I'm not in the right club, and neither is MTcX.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dudehitt
and neither is MTcX.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dudehitt
and neither is MTcX.

but that's because I'm not a likeable guy, not because I'm not in your club

anyway, I guess I was just trying to say pretty much the same thing Chad said, coming from my "never been part of a club" point of view.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Well put. With Scikotics. I only know a couple ppl in that club and I would feel a lil out of place meetin with them. And I doubt I am worthy of Apocolypse and I have video and audio and rims and lowered. And a bodykits soon w/ 20's, but I still dont feel as I belong. If I was invited then I would prolly be down with them, cause I am doing my car for shows. But for now, I will stay the un-club guy. I just dont want to be the guy that ask, is my car good enough for you. Nothing at all against Scionapocolypse. I would love to have a car worthy of being apart of their club. but I dont wanna ask again if I do.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

you're totally welcome among the Scikotiks group Chris, you don't need to know anyone to get an accepted feeling among our crowd so since you already know a couple you're ahead of the game.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Scion Apocalypse is a group of people who are dedicated to building and showing their rides.
We are planning monthly meets, and a few other events. Our events will be open to anyone that wants to come out. Don't feel excluded if you are part of another club or "un-club", or whatever.
If you feel that you have what it takes to be a member, pm scion apocalypse or try slipping boomster a tallboy.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was first involved with a car club when I was 17. I am now 29. I got out of the club scene when my daughter was born 7 years ago and I had to sell my Tacoma and get a family wagon. Now that I am older and just a little wiser. Clubs and groups tend to breed drama. friends become no longer friends. People start to back stab other people. It's just not worth it. I am not saying that all clubs are like that. But I just think it's cool to just meet up and hang out. I missed the rockin roll chicken fingers thing. But that kind of stuff is just kick ___. Just get together and hang out. You don't need a club affilation to do that.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by randode
Scion Apocalypse is a group of people who are dedicated to building and showing their rides.
We are planning monthly meets, and a few other events. Our events will be open to anyone that wants to come out. Don't feel excluded if you are part of another club or "un-club", or whatever.
If you feel that you have what it takes to be a member, pm scion apocalypse or try slipping boomster a tallboy.
I might shot them an email, after i get my bodykit and tv's in. I was already turned down once.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crispyxb
I might shot them an email, after i get my bodykit and tv's in. I was already turned down once.
Maybe you didn't give dave enough beer......
Old 03-14-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mooneyzs
with dave, enough is never enough.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mooneyzs
with dave, enough is never enough.
That is a true statement Randy....lol Might as well bring him a Keg and a midget to poor it for him
Old 03-14-2007, 11:29 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well, i know for a fact that we in Scikotics want to stay drama-free. were all adults, and act like adults. were all involved in this lifestyle for the same reason- the love of our vehicles. and thats all that matters. different clubs do different things otherwise there wouldnt be different clubs. but thats ok. im still me, and all the other ppl here-regardless of group affiliation- are still them. and i consider all you guys my friends. just because im in a 'club' doesnt mean that im better than anyone else.

well, there you go- not to threadjack, but i had to voice my .02 while everyone is on the subject.

i hope everything goes well for SA. they have some sick rides.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have never been into the car club thing, but I do think that Scion Apocalypse has every right to pick and choose who is in the club based on the criteria required to join. It's simple, if you don't have what they are looking for then you won't be able to join the club. Every organization has some sort of standards. I remember back in the day when drag racing was really popular, most performance shops had their 12 second, 11 second, and 10 second clubs. Every Scion owner has the choice to join or not to join as long as they meet the standards that Scion Apocalypse has set.

Quick Reply: Ready to join Scion Apocalypse?