RIP Krispy Kreme

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RIP Krispy Kreme

From azcentral.com

All six Krispy Kreme donut and coffee shops in the Valley abruptly closed on Friday morning after the company that runs the Arizona franchises filed for bankruptcy, officials said.

Krispy Kreme spokesman James Golden said 10 stores in Arizona and New Mexico were forced to temporary shut their doors as the company worked with their franchisee, Rigel Corporation, to sort through financial problems.

Lucas Martin, who works at a store in Peoria, said no one told him about the closings

“I don’t know who to get a hold of now,” Martin said Friday morning. “[I’ll] wait here and see if anyone else shows up…haven't heard anything.”

Signs posted outside each of the popular donut and coffee shops said the business would remain closed until further notice. It’s unclear how long the closures will last.

Krispy Kreme operates out of Tempe, Avondale, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Peoria and Mesa.

Two stores in Tucson and two in Albuquerque were also closed as a result of the bankruptcy.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! there goes our meet up spots
Old 08-11-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The Krispie Kreme in Cerritos CA has shuttered its doors as well. There has been tremendous scandal within the company due to reporting issues. Basically they were not as profitable as they let on. I am sure there will be some franchise lawsuits.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Krispy kreme that sucks now!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Please say it isn't so, how am I going to get my crack fix now
Old 08-11-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I think it is wrong that they did not even tell their employees.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did anyone think of our fellow SCION memebers who for KK?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleTC
Did anyone think of our fellow SCION memebers who for KK?
Do we have anyone that posts on here that worked at KK????
Old 08-11-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Premium Member

I saw a thing on the news last night and they were talking about it. The store managers got E-mails telling them to not give out paychecks because they have no value
Old 08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

===> http://news.google.com/news?q=krispy%20kreme
Krispy Kreme closes its doors in Arizona
08:18 AM Mountain Standard Time on Friday, August 11, 2006
3TV and azfamily.com Staff
Kim Martinez reports

People looking for their morning doughnut fix at Valley Krispy Kreme locations were greeted by locked doors this morning. The company has unexpectedly closed all its Arizona stores.

The owner of Krispy Kreme said the company is in financial trouble because of the low-carb craze.

For Valley employees, the closure means no work today, and possibly no paycheck.

"Basically, my manager said that we might not even get our checks," said former employee Jason Foody. "That's my rent. That's my car insurance. Those are my bill payments. Same with one of the other drivers. We're all depending on this; this was out check."

Notes were taped to the doors of Krispy Kremes across the Valley informing employees and customers of the closures. The signs read, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, this store is closing until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience."

Managers had to call their employees yesterday to tell them not to come to work today.
It appears that the local (Arizona) franchise for KK, Rigel Corp., is bankrupt. KK corporate is trying to find another group to take over the AZ stores.

Tomas
Old 08-11-2006, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xenon_tC
I saw a thing on the news last night and they were talking about it. The store managers got E-mails telling them to not give out paychecks because they have no value
yea today was their payday! That's really messed up what they did! How could they have gone into bankruptcy! I see them at almost every gas station in town!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 08-11-2006, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I love the media.....Please my only advice is to not to believe everything you read/see in the news.

I am, and still am, a long term employee for the franchise group here in AZ. Yes we did close the doors, did contact all of our employee's. Being that we have such a strong community involment with basically every single person on the planet, when something negative comes out in the news its front page paper.

There was no such memo emailed to us reguarding payroll checks. We are working through some finacial issues and do plan to open again.

Its sad to see it pan this direction, and its sad to see the media distort stories about peoples lives....Im sure if you watch the news tonight at 5pm youll see me leaving the shop today with the friendly finger hello to all of the lovely camera men! Buisnesses file chapter 11 all the time...some several times and come back strong....just look at U.S. Airways...(America West)

Love! All ya really need....
Old 08-11-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddasTC
I love the media.....Please my only advice is to not to believe everything you read/see in the news.

I am, and still am, a long term employee for the franchise group here in AZ. Yes we did close the doors, did contact all of our employee's. Being that we have such a strong community involment with basically every single person on the planet, when something negative comes out in the news its front page paper.

There was no such memo emailed to us reguarding payroll checks. We are working through some finacial issues and do plan to open again.

Its sad to see it pan this direction, and its sad to see the media distort stories about peoples lives....Im sure if you watch the news tonight at 5pm youll see me leaving the shop today with the friendly finger hello to all of the lovely camera men! Buisnesses file chapter 11 all the time...some several times and come back strong....just look at U.S. Airways...(America West)

Love! All ya really need....
glad to hear you're still doin ok man, you got too many toys not to be .
Old 08-11-2006, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I'm dong great! My only concern is.... if I should grow a beard or not!!!!

I apologize if I come off a little harsh, I just stand strongly behind my company and those that work for me. I dont like slander.

And you had better believe I will be out at Import vs. Domestics and HIN.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Last night on the news, an employee showed up and said he had no idea what was going on. Was that a news plant? Did they make that guys up? Or could someone have forgotten to conatact him? I know the news blowes stuff out of proportion.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I spoke with that store director this A.M. and he said, he was a brand new employee, they called 2 times and left a message, so....what can we do from there.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess I could ask about just one small bit of that news: Have the employees been paid money already earned?

Tomas
Old 08-11-2006, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Monday
Old 08-11-2006, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member

Dangit, why couldn't this have waited until Tuesday! I promised the lab techs at work that I'd bring them a dozen doughnuts for working so hard on my project last week.

Anyone know a good substitute?

Quick Reply: RIP Krispy Kreme