Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Scion owner steals handicap parking!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread should continue to stay open and at the top of the page until the owner of the vehicle in question views the thread and defends himself. If he did indeed hold the disabled placard permissibly, he will certainly post here. If he did not, experience dictates that he will remain silent. Furthermore, the owner's actions that day at the mall point towards a guilty conscince; like I said before, I work with the disabled on a regular basis and when questioned by another disabled individual as to their disabled status, their response is almost never a middle finger, particularly when the situation is dire, such as it was that day at the mall where there were no open disabled parking spots. Also, as a general rule, when there are few or no disabled parking spots available, many disabled individuals who are not completely incapacitated will not park in disabled spots simply because they know there are others out there who need the spot more than they do. Simply put, if the owner of the vehicle was truly disabled, his actions do not square with those of most disabled persons. I was there at the mall that day, I saw the offending vehicle, I drove around for 20 minutes looking for a place to park, and I can certainly understand the woman's response to what appeared to be a couple of ablebodied kids taking advantage of a privilege that they were not due. Until we know the truth, the owner of the vehicle should be questioned, not the disabled woman looking for a place to park. On another note, Mr. blacksandprlturbotc: I suggest you start thinking before you speak. Your posts are invariably useless and waste the time of those Scionlife users who think with a brain. Your signature used to contain the phrase "Most hated Scionlife member" or something of the sort. I suggest you revert to that signature as it is most fitting. On a final note, Tomas, I appreciate your citation to the RCW as it is informative and brings back fond memories of Washington law. I finished my first year of law school in Seattle and spent many days in front of the Revised Code. Your knowledge and understanding of all things (or so it seems) is always appreciated.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Juris_Doc
On another note, Mr. blacksandprlturbotc: I suggest you start thinking before you speak. Your posts are invariably useless and waste the time of those Scionlife users who think with a brain. Your signature used to contain the phrase "Most hated Scionlife member" or something of the sort. I suggest you revert to that signature as it is most fitting.
*edit* not worth my time.....
Old 01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

This one is way out of control and should have been locked long ago.