Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Scion VIP Event @ HIN NightShift Las Vegas - Sept. 9th!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Is anyone going to get a hotel room in Vegas that weekend?
Old 08-25-2006, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will most likely, if i make it
Old 08-25-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Crispyxb
Is anyone going to get a hotel room in Vegas that weekend?
I booked our room already!! at the Marriott down the street
Old 08-25-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

How much was it?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update from Scion VIP

Hi all,

We are in the process of notifying the second group of invitees. The good news is that we had a great response, the bad news is that many of those who registered are recent owners or new to the tuning scene. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the event (car show), we are unable to consider most of those entries because of HIN's competition requirements. As a result we still have a few open spots to fill.

Several who registered will be receiving a separate email from us. It is pasted below. Basically, the owners receiving this email are on the "bubble", so to speak. We are giving them all a chance to respond and see if any can meet the requirements, otherwise we will have to leave those spots unfilled.

We are also leaving registration open - so, in case you know a Scion owner that would be able to show his car and who has been sitting on the fence about this event, its time to push him/her in. Your regional Scion management is putting an alot of effort into making this event memorable, so we want the southwest region to be represented to the fullest at HIN NightShift Las Vegas!

As always, if any of you have any questions or would like to contact us, please feel free to PM us or email us at scion@urbanracer.com. You can also call us at 718 279 2202 during normal (east coast) business hours.

Thanks!

Jackie
Scion VIP Event Team

copy of email to "on the bubble" registrants -

Hi,

Thanks for your recent registration into the Scion VIP at HIN Las Vegas event. Several are you are receiving this email because your Scions have been identified as potential Scion VIP package winners. However, because of HIN’s Competition Requirements for 2006, your cars may be just below the minimum required modifications to be entered into the show or there was not enough detail in your registration to make a decision.

We have a few more spots open and we would like to fill it for this great event; however, we are bound by HIN’s rules and regulation since this is their event. If you feel that your car meets the minimum requirements listed below and you would still like to be considered for a spot, please reply to us with more detail and/or concrete plans to meet the requirements. **Please note that if you plan modifications and do not complete them in time for the event, HIN has the right to refuse entry at the event.**

HIN’s Competition Requirements -
“We require a vehicle to be complete, the exterior must be fully painted and all interior panels must be in place. We also require a minimum of five modifications to showcase your vehicle. The only mandatory modification is that your ride must have a set of aftermarket wheels and tires. Other modifications we would like to see but not limited to include lip kits or body kits, lowering springs and aftermarket lighting. There are a few situations to look out for such as if your vehicle is in primer or has noticeable body damage, even with the minimum requirements; you will not be accepted for showcasing.”

We hope to see you all there. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-26-2006, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I'm happy for those who were chosen, congrats to all of you. I got the "not enough upgrades" email so it looks like I'm not invited. I guess L.E.D. lights are more important than a design that supports our troops. I only have 3 upgrades (including the wrap) so I guess I am 2 upgrades short. Maybe I should stick 2 L.E.D's inside the xB so I can qualify.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

Originally Posted by RBasil
I'm happy for those who were chosen, congrats to all of you. I got the "not enough upgrades" email so it looks like I'm not invited. I guess L.E.D. lights are more important than a design that supports our troops. I only have 3 upgrades (including the wrap) so I guess I am 2 upgrades short. Maybe I should stick 2 L.E.D's inside the xB so I can qualify.

Urban Racer, thanks for the 2 week notice that kept me from setting up another event for that weekend to attend. It would have also been nice if you would have included the "5 upgrade minimum" on the registration page weeks ago so those of us who do not have 5 upgrades would not have wasted our time waiting weeks for something that we were not qualified for. You really need to work on your planning for the next event.
I just re-emailed Scionvip about my having to drop out and see if they could give your xb my spot. Hopefully they can reconsider .... We'll see what happens.
Between everyone here in D&S we can certainly get you xb to have the "minimum" requirements if we all pitch in.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i sent in my email to try and get in, cuz im on the "bubble" they want like proof that i will have the mods on my car by then. even though right now i have rims/tires/short shifter,,, and i have my underglow in the mail as well as my halo projector headlights... and im getting a few more things, like CAI exhaust, and hopefully possibly racing seats... but we will see what they say but if anybody wants to help, or possibly sponsor me i would be more than happy... i will put how ever many stickers you want on my car
Old 08-26-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Chris,

I thank you (and the rest of the local community) for the support, but I'd rather not attend the event now. I'd rather spend my time here locally.

But thanks anyway bro!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Just for the record, I am not ____ed at Scion or the people who were chosen. I am VERY happy that we have a manufacturer that puts on events like these for the owners and I am sure all of the people chosen for the event deserve to be there.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Rbasil - I Pmed you, we need to talk about your comments.

Crispy - Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley >> $119 a night

Jackie,

Thanks for all the hard work that you and Urban Racer do every year for Scion VIP and the Scion community it will be a real pleasure to see you folks again and hang in the VIP.

Any word for Scion VIP for PHX this year?
Old 08-26-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Thanks RockBlocker.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RockBlocker
Jackie,

Thanks for all the hard work that you and Urban Racer do every year for Scion VIP and the Scion community it will be a real pleasure to see you folks again and hang in the VIP.

Any word for Scion VIP for PHX this year?
Thank you Urban Racer!!!

I responded to the email confirming my attendance, do we have a list of those that have confirmed. I did not get a response and want to make sure I am on the list.

Please any updates on SCION VIP of Arizona would be great.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I have edited some parts of my statements above that were in reference to Urban Racer. Maybe it's my military background, but sometimes I can be kind of harsh when I feel someone has screwed up and not owned up to the mistake. I understand it's not an easy job planning an event live Scion VIP and I would like to apologize to the UrbanRacer staff for my comments. I'm still new to the tuner scene and I am so passionate about getting support for our troops sometimes I get ahead of myself with my comments.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

do we know who has made it yet?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I decided that I aint gonna go, I will just go to Imports vs. domestics instead. Cant afford to go to Vegas now. Gotta move soon.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wish they would let us know asap... cuz if i made it, i need to book a hotel or something
Old 08-28-2006, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member
Scinergy

i got the email they took me. so the 2nd group should have been notified already. chad, when you gonna leave to drive up there??
Old 08-28-2006, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

when did you get the email?? i got the 1 saying im on the bubble...
Old 08-28-2006, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member
Scinergy

oh i got mine friday saying i was accepted. still have to respond to rsvp though.

Quick Reply: Scion VIP Event @ HIN NightShift Las Vegas - Sept. 9th!