Thank you Scion for my windshield

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Default Thank you Scion for my windshield

Well I got pulled over again today for my window tint being Limo on the front. Highway patrol again that did the dirty deed, thiat time they used that meter to find out I have 4% light passing through the window.

What was great about it this time is that I was able to dumbfound the officer with my windshield. I have a windhshield brow of about 10 inches, legal i think is usually about 3 inches. The law doesnt state inches though, it states it must be above this white line on the windshield......................SCION DOESN'T HAVE ONE ON FACTORY WINDSHIELD! He tried pointing it out to me and then said "well where is it, is this factory?" I said yes but I dont see any white line or marking. He gave me a fine for the front windows but couldn't get me for the windshield since im technically not breaking the law.

When i got to work and mentioned the windshield my co worker who has a tC told me that they dont have it on there on all tC's he believes, thats why it costs $900 for a factory replacement windshield. I still have to get the tint changed and find a loophole, or pay a fine, or move to Mexico.......I'm hoping for a loophole.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ScottJ, is this just the visor strip you are refering to? I assume so, but wasn't sure! I still can't believe I haven't been pulled over for mine then....lol, knock on wood...just screwed myself there....haha
Old 05-15-2007, 03:53 PM

if you can get an optomatrist to say your light sincitive and give you a letter stating that .then all you have to do is carry a copy of this letter with you all the time.Just a loop hole a friend of mine uses.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the replacement windshields don't have the A-line either (at least mine doesn't). I haven't checked AZ, but some states have a minimum distance above the seat for the visors.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by KooLAiD
ScottJ, is this just the visor strip you are refering to? I assume so, but wasn't sure! I still can't believe I haven't been pulled over for mine then....lol, knock on wood...just screwed myself there....haha
yeah that A-line loophole on the tC is only for the windshield, im going to have to find another one for the windows.

Im going to talk to my optomatrist this week about a sensitive eye excuse, i've gone to him since i was six so i say he owes me one
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Good luck Scott!! Tickets for tint are b.s.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I found this for California law but still doesn't help much since it still has to be 35% and removable

"Medical exemption allows for tint or other shading material is allowed on the front side doors if it allows at least 35% of the light to go through, readily is removable and cannot be used at night. "
Old 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

^^^Scott, I wish I could help you but I do not know of any loopholes...I asked around at work but no one knew an answer for you...I'm in the same boat, I have a 7-8" visor strip on the front windshield and my front side windoews are 15%...It's just a matter of time till I get pulled over...Sorry!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if I can use my color blindness as an excuse for not knowing my neons where left on...
Old 05-17-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
^^^Scott, I wish I could help you but I do not know of any loopholes...I asked around at work but no one knew an answer for you...I'm in the same boat, I have a 7-8" visor strip on the front windshield and my front side windoews are 15%...It's just a matter of time till I get pulled over...Sorry!
Its all good Tim, thank you very much for checking around anyway
Old 05-17-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
It only seems to be highway patrol that has the problem. I know it is state law, but most local agencies have better things to do than pull someone over for tint. It is typically DPS that does it. Anyone can, but it is typically DPS that get most people on tint. The tint strip can be argued and if your windshied does not have the line, cannot prove no complience. Side front windows darker than 35% (I believe) are not allowed and subject to a fine. The tint on our Taurus is not in complience, but that is life.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

visors: There is no mention of A-line, it must be placed in the correct location for the convenience of law enforcement.
Originally Posted by ARS 28-959.01 A
11. Transparent material that is installed, affixed or applied to the topmost portion of the windshield if:

(a) The bottom edge of the material is at least twenty-nine inches above the undepressed driver's seat when measured from a point five inches in front of the bottom of the backrest with the driver's seat in its rearmost and lowermost position with the vehicle on a level surface.

(b) The material is not red or amber in color.
medical exception: There must be a procedure in place, but it says they must be approved by the director. Carrying a note from the doc doesn't seem to be the answer.
Originally Posted by ARS 28-959.01 G
On application from a person required for medical reasons to be shielded from the direct rays of the sun that is supported by written attestation of this fact from a physician licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or 17, the department may issue an exemption from this section for a motor vehicle belonging to the person or in which the person is a habitual passenger. A person may operate a vehicle or alter the color or reduce the light transmitted through the side or rear windows of a vehicle pursuant to an exemption issued by the director.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

well whats stupid is when i put my sun visors down they're lower then my tint line on the windshield, but im mostly concerned with the front windows at this point.