Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

What does it take?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Default What does it take?

What does it take for you to go to a show?

I know most of you know of the plans and saw the flyers and surveys we handed out in Silver City, and I want to know what you think.

We have rough drafts for live music, vendors, door prizes, car show, competitions, entertainment for all ages, great cruises and other fun stuff.

What makes you say, "That was F*&%^&' awesome!" when you leave a car show?

Thanks.

Steven
Old 02-09-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

There have to be things to do and see to keep you busy. I hate going to shows and just sitting there all day waiting for awards.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lvnurs9
There have to be things to do and see to keep you busy. I hate going to shows and just sitting there all day waiting for awards.
Thats a good one, also have things to give away other then the raffle prizes(exp: shirts, key chains, hats, etc...), that way you leave feeling like you got your moneys worth.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

#1 -- Being able to get off work. I was able to make to only 1 gathering/show because
of "our" work schedule. Not everyone has saturdays off (me/wife) are one of these.
So that sucks to be us -- Thats the way it goes.

#2 -- Music --- It should appeal to all ages --- Blank this and Blank that doesn't cut it.

#3 -- Things to do are nice too

Just my thoughts -- for what ever there worth
Old 02-09-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I won't be attending any of your shows because I live in North Texas. But the one thing many shows lack is activities that get people off their azz and meet each other. If the show is not too large, it would be interesting to gather the people up, approach the first car, and have the owner introduce themselves to everyone and tell a little something about their car. The questions will surely be asked and next thing you know people are talking to each other. Then on to the next car.... That way everyone gets to see everyones car, everyone meets everyone, and people don't huddle in their small groups of familiar faces asking in hushed whispers "who's that guy?" Handy tip #2: not everyone likes gangster rap blasted on irritatingly loud PAs to the extent that people can't talk to each other over it. I've been to shows where I almost lost my voice trying to talk to people and ended up with a headache. A good cross section of music at a moderate level is much more enjoyable. Handy tip #3: make sure the food doesn't suck!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott17
I won't be attending any of your shows because I live in North Texas. Handy tip #3: make sure the food doesn't suck!

Well drive on up and join us Road trip

Oh ya -- Fooooooddd -- Easy to eat and carry -- not sloppy or anything like that.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by moonray
Originally Posted by Scott17
I won't be attending any of your shows because I live in North Texas. Handy tip #3: make sure the food doesn't suck!

Well drive on up and join us Road trip

Oh ya -- Fooooooddd -- Easy to eat and carry -- not sloppy or anything like that.

North Texas isn't far at all. This will be more than a one day show. I'm not going to get into too many details about it though.

food--haha...don't worry about food. New Mexico food is amazing. Burritos are the world's most versatile, amazingly good and best food-to-go(so don't worry about the chili dog mess). The Mexican/New Mexican food is made with REAL green chile too so the food will be an attraction to most people all by itself.

music-I understand about the hip-hop and whatnot being too much. There will be live rock bands from cali, local, and who knows where else. There will also be a DJ for some parts, but it'll be censored so people of all ages can attend.

prizes-door prizes from vendors, the raffles for a supreme prize, and what would you say to a goody bag packed with special stuff that will deal with the car show, roswell, and the activities.

activities-X-Box? Halo 2 tournament? Football(will be around f-ball season)?PuntPassKick Competition? JOLLY JUMP!!!(for the kids). Remote Control Car Races(bring your own suped up RC)? There are almost unlimited possibilities for activities, so what do you want to do?

Thanks for the responses already. These are helping more than you know.

Steven
Old 02-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

...???...
Old 02-11-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Sounds like some great things on the horizon.

I'm thinking we want to bring our State flag so we'll need a flag pole to fly it from. Maybe other states would do the same?

I like the video game contests. Gives everyone another reason to get together before the big trip (practice the game).

And, just for the record, there is no green chili like HATCH green chili!
Old 02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Video games are always going to be easy and fun. We will also be able to watch the football games on Saturday and Sunday.

Flag pole, bring your own. J to the K. We've got that down, and we'll see how many states are coming and whatnot to see if we need some temporary flag poles.

Hatch green chile is really good but can be made bad by improper roasting. Roswell green chile is grown in the same climate so it has a similar taste(i haven't tasted any that can beat the green chiles we grow in our garden and roast at home). Just be ready for some goooood food.

Steven
Old 02-11-2006, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoswellScion
Video games are always going to be easy and fun. We will also be able to watch the football games on Saturday and Sunday.

Flag pole, bring your own. J to the K. We've got that down, and we'll see how many states are coming and whatnot to see if we need some temporary flag poles.

Hatch green chile is really good but can be made bad by improper roasting. Roswell green chile is grown in the same climate so it has a similar taste(i haven't tasted any that can beat the green chiles we grow in our garden and roast at home). Just be ready for some goooood food.

Steven
HATCH used to be the HOTEST but now that crown goes to Deming or Las Cruses they are getting hottoer chiles using Hatch seeds.....at least the last 4 batches we've gotten are XXXX HOT !!!!!!!(we go every year and pick em up ourselves) and they rock your world !!!!
wingsaseagles
Old 02-12-2006, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

Hey Steven, I agree with everyone's ideas. There are endless ideas for a car show besides showing off your rides. American Scion here in Alb. wants to do a car show but they told me that the want it to revolve around an upcoming concert that relates to the scion brand (youth) but there are no shows coming here anytime soon and I thought that it wasn't a very great idea having it based around a concert. They told me they have money allocated for a show but I just dont understand their idea. But anyways, I am really excited about the show in Roswell and hopefully it will happen and I will def. be there!
Old 02-12-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Their idea is a good one and makes sense if there WAS going to be a concert. Scion is really into those types of events. If they can get a concert there then they still have that money and need to DO something with it. Maybe some pressure from your club can help with that. *hint*

I AM going on the next time to NM!!
Old 02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Scion xB.....$15,000
Upgrades....$3,000
Build time....2.5 years

sitting in a parking lot all day to pick up a $5 trophy....
priceless
Old 02-12-2006, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randode
Scion xB.....$15,000
Upgrades....$3,000
Build time....2.5 years

sitting in a parking lot all day to pick up a $5 trophy....
priceless