Notices
Regional - Great Lakes IL, IN, OH, MI, WI

2008 Scion Exposed: Ohio | Your Immediate Actions REQUIRED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you been there before sindekat?

If you think that the event needs a change that would put you in a group all by yourself. Anyone and everyone who I have talked to loves the fact that exposed Ohio is part of another event. Also, that fact that we get to camp inside the track, and watch the triple crown tuner challenge allows us to make a weekend out of this event instead of an evening.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by kevinjr03
Have you been there before sindekat?

If you think that the event needs a change that would put you in a group all by yourself. Anyone and everyone who I have talked to loves the fact that exposed Ohio is part of another event. Also, that fact that we get to camp inside the track, and watch the triple crown tuner challenge allows us to make a weekend out of this event instead of an evening.
ive been there all 3 years with bells on. im going back to the original exposed in LA on the landing strip. where it was "exclusive"

i just didn't really need to have all the other things going on to make it a "scion" event. if you look at some of the things like Miami, Backstage, and some of the Scion Champion events ive been a part of then you'd understand where im coming from. Scion REALLY knows how to take care of their own and i feel like they paid a decent amount of money that could have gone into making it an even better event for Scion owners only.

this was the original idea behind the "exposed" concept.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

Old 03-06-2008, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

im not going to jump to any conclusions but it seems your main stink is that its not in Ohio. most of the Scions in our region are sold in the 2 southern states you know that. and Tenn. is not that far south.

..on a side note i wasn't thrilled this event fell on my b-day after the first year.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

Old 03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

they ARE going to have it i just think they are relocating it...we need to be careful not to spread the wrong info. i NEVER heard anything about scrapping it all together just a restructure of the event. we all will come out ahead in that regard. from a corporate standpoint coming into a new place we can get a better deal im sure. big events have a tendancy of bumping the prices of thier sponsors each year not discounting them.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

Old 03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so their having it in bristol, tn? I hate that place. I used to go to NOPI there. The cops are terrible.

I assume we won't be camping there. Which means we will all probably have to fork out money for a hotel. This SUCKS!!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

Old 03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by underESTIMATED
While I'm on a tangent, I think one of the requirements instead of a 4 year degree is that you must have a username and actively read the various Scion sites in your region and actually know about Scion regional stuff before you acquire a position. Kind of like a test of some sort.

Not ever seeing the forums on Scionlife, GoExposed.com or OhioScions | ScioNRG | Scionati or any other site in your local area leaves you clueless about what your owners are saying if you're not in the loop.

But who am I to go against the grain here.
they are well aware of this thread FYI,

and before you thrash our region staff check thier credentials. they are really good people and well qualified to do thier job

if this idea was so bad how come there aren't 200+ replies against it?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

wow.. going against your owners on an owner operated forum in front of all to see, ballsy.

I can understand why Tn as its more central to the country, but regardless of where you get it, your only going to draw at most a 300 mile radius. Your region could have hosted by far the biggest Scion owners event in the northeast, but instead I guess you'd rather worry about your dealer audits.

I consider myself lucky to have not only a RM that cares about his owners, but a staff of DM's that are willing at a phones ring to make plans to setup an event.

If you are for sure not going to host this event, Ill see what I can do to provide the east coast with a Scion Exposed that isnt 700 miles away. We've got a Dm that will make things work and a group of owners that will work nonstop. I've done 5 events now, all with over 100 plus cars. Ill gladly get things rolling. Esp. if Ive got the help of owners from your region, that are willing to help pitch in to make it the biggest business mistake you've ever made...
Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

There's no way anyone from the Chicago area will be making a 10 hour trip to Bristol.

Damn shame too. Exposed was a blast.
And on the topic...

Last year, Mid-Ohio was the day before Exposed Chicago. Not only did we drive out to Mid-Ohio, we drove back that evening to do Exposed Chicago. Unfortunately, Exposed Chicago was pathetic. It took place the day and location of a large summerfest concert. We were parked for two hours before having to either go to the concert, or go home.

Sadly, it was more tailgating than an actual event...
Old 03-11-2008, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm maybe their gonna have it on a NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend and close the infield for Scion's only the whole weekend
Old 03-11-2008, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-11-2008, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sindekat
From a corporate standpoint coming into a new place we can get a better deal im sure. big events have a tendancy of bumping the prices of thier sponsors each year not discounting them.
Why should he turn the other cheek when scion decided to change exposed from an owner appreciation event to a make/save another buck event. (See Quote)
Old 03-11-2008, 03:48 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if this event gets moved, i'm not going with the gas prices getting close to 4 bucks a gallon yeah i'll pass
Old 03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

Driven to both ohio and chicago exposed events. Will do it again and again

Loved all the other activities other than just the Scion event at mid-ohio. Granted I wish we had access to the tower last year, but who am I to complain if it is being rented by someone else.
Just being able to put a face with a name was great. Got to meet people from the same city that I would have never known about until I met them at exposed. The track opportunity was great. How many times will you get the chance to drive YOUR OWN CAR on any type of similar track?
It was perhaps one of the greatest marketing tools that I have ever seen. It doubled in attendance every year. Look how many came out for the first one even though it rained most of the day. Last year the storms produced some damage but the crew was able to get it back together for the event day.

People from TN drove up for the event as well as some states even farther away.

Bristol isn't the greatest of places to hold the event in my opinion. Granted the NOPI series is way too disorganized, but the surrounding area is nowhere near that nice as Lexington, OH. Our group stops at least 5 times just for scenery shots every year.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm from Wisconsin...I actually thought about going to '07's. But didn't think it was too much of good idea for me to go alone. The driving there and back kind of thing. But I did go to Chicago's.

What's the problem? Toyota going bankrupt?

Sorry just read this topic...

Even if its in TN...I'm kind of wanted in KY for a speeding ticket.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

Originally Posted by XPRESSCION

Even if its in TN...I'm kind of wanted in KY for a speeding ticket.
I can meet you at the border and let you use my license plate for the trip through KY.

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion Exposed: Ohio | Your Immediate Actions REQUIRED!