Notices
Regional - Great Lakes IL, IN, OH, MI, WI

Anyone around the Champaign-Urbana area? Possible meet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Anyone around the Champaign-Urbana area? Possible meet?

I was just curious if anyone was located close to the U of I in Champaign IL? I'm about 20 min west of there and was just curious if any more Scion owners are close. I'd love to go to some Chicago meets but with gas the way it is, I'd be broke as a joke. Anyone near?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Im pretty close. About an hour south down at EIU.

I hear ya on the gas thing, but for me, Champaign isn't to bad, im willing to make that drive.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hopefully u can meet up w/ some of our www.se-chicago.com guys that will go to nopi st louis
Old 04-11-2007, 01:24 AM

Yo Need4Bass, I go to the U of I and live in Urbana and just got my tC last weekend. I've seen at least 4 or 5 other tCs (and a bunch of xBs and xAs) around town but who knows if they read the forum. "Southern" Illinois FTW!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm over here in Bloomington.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Snipermunki
Yo Need4Bass, I go to the U of I and live in Urbana and just got my tC last weekend. I've seen at least 4 or 5 other tCs (and a bunch of xBs and xAs) around town but who knows if they read the forum. "Southern" Illinois FTW!
Congrats! How ya likin it?

I've seen alot of TCs around here, some are even modified alittle bit. I have no clue if they have heard of SL though. I kinda stumbled upon it myself.

I guess on May 5th at Parkland College there is a car show. We should all meet up then. I havent done a whole lot to my car yet, (broke as a joke and just got it not to long ago) but I would still plan on going.

http://www.parkland.edu/carshow/
Old 04-11-2007, 10:11 PM

So far I absolutely love it. I've been without a car for over a year and before that I had an '87 Honda CRX, so this is a big upgrade.

I've got a buddy trying to get his Probe finished for the Parkland car show, and I'll most likely stop by at some point. It'll be a while before I start thinking about doing anything to my car (also pretty broke now), but it'd be cool to see some other Scions there.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So no one ever commented back on the Parkland Idea, anyone goin besides me and maybe Snipermunki?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:51 PM

i would say im a maybe in going to Parkland. Maybe by then ill have a few mods done....
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

I actually live in Urbana, U of I campus is like 5 minutes from me. I'll be at that car show for sure. I've had my tC for about a month and already dumped roughley $1000 into it. Idk if i'm gonna be in that show, but I do know a lot of the people that cruise here around town. Let me know if any of you guys wanna meet up, there's pretty much something goin down every weekend, weather it be we all get together and chill, cruise, or party at somebodys place. Let me know what you guys think!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sweet. well I will be there for sure. For only $5, I might as well enter my car. I hope you have some more mods done by then as well. I wont stack up to some TCs on here, but its a work in progress. We will all have to meet up and hang talk. Surely there is more around here though than just this few....
Old 04-17-2007, 03:39 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah there's some more around here, but idk how many of them are actually into it like this, a lot of them that I see are just bone stock. idk, time will tell, there will be a TON of people at the show, i'm guessin there will be some people there with some scions, I may enter mine, but the possibility of winning is really low. There's some nice tuners in town.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:23 AM

I certainly won't be entering mine in any shows, it's totally stock except for the spoiler. I'm not really big on modding my own car, but we'll see after I've had it for a while. Maybe I'll want to add some performance upgrades at some point.

I think I'll def try and check out the Parkland show, hopefully I'll catch some of you there.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

For sure, just represent the tC and it'll all be good. We don't care if you've got hella mods, just come out and chill and check out other peoples stuff to get ideas.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Yes people I know it's short notice, but the weather is getting nice out, and me and a few of my buddies were thinkin' about a cruise tonight. Anybody on here down? We'll probably meet at the mall or something around 8ish, do the meet and greet thing, and then just cruise for a little bit. Let me know what you guys think so I can make some calls and see where, if there are yet, the "hot spots" are at for this spring and summer.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

have fun tonight. dont forget to come up to chicago sometime for a show. definetely dont wanna miss the one august 12th, its the grand daddy of all scion shows. previously, they have had the 5axis tc, limo xb, and such. good stuff coming this yr to, more info to come.
also a show tomorrow night, if u get adventrous
Old 04-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Where's the show at tomorrow night?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

chicago. continental/countryside toyota scion
Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

I guess if I get REALLY bored I could make the 3 hour trip lol, but more than likely not. Thanks for lettin us know though.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What show is August 12? If its a guranteed big one I might have to go to it. Always up for meetin some more Scion owners!

Quick Reply: Anyone around the Champaign-Urbana area? Possible meet?