5 Year Member
SL Member

nice..i hope this gets finalize
Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I'd be shocked if he signed it before July 4th. Quinn seems more interested in getting next year's budget together... which, as a state employee, I'd rather him focus on that.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont believe he is gonna sign this bill any time soon. The news keeps talking about how he is pressured to get a budget together and that, thats his main priority. However no politicians have really come up with a solid solution so we probably wont see the tint bill get signed.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

sooo......................whats the word on this law for IL and tinting? anyone here any new news?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

still none; doubt he signs cuz he's too damn busy trying to fix the damn budget;(his ___ and the rest need to take a pay cut like everyone else has to fix this poo) which signing this would increae revenue cuz everyone will do this
Old 08-05-2009, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Just a bump here.
Remember, even if he doesn't sign it, it becomes law on August 26th.
3 more weeks!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Just a bump here.
Remember, even if he doesn't sign it, it becomes law on August 26th.
3 more weeks!
how so? explain plz
Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Well, Illinois law states that if a bill is passed with greater than a simple majority, it becomes law with or without the governor's signature. So basically, he would need to veto the bill, which, considering only three people opposed it in the house/senate, would be silly.

Also, I'm not sure Quinn has pocket veto privileges. So yea... I'm making an appointment for tints on labor day weekend.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

quinn would veto just to be a d!ck. only bill i know he's even signed lately was for the no texting while driving and the **** w/ my dad and everyone else at DOC getting laid off to release prisoners early
Old 08-10-2009, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I don't think he will... if he was planning on vetoing, he would've already. The fact that it's just sitting there tells me that it's totally off his radar, which is exactly where we want it.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

if its seriously aug 25...then only 2 more weeks
Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Got pulled over today in Orland Park for the tint and no front plate. 50$ for each and I mentioned to the cop about this new law and he said he hasn't hear anything about it. If this does become law what is to stop a cop from writing you a ticket if they don't know the new law themselves?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cavalierkid888
Got pulled over today in Orland Park for the tint and no front plate. 50$ for each and I mentioned to the cop about this new law and he said he hasn't hear anything about it. If this does become law what is to stop a cop from writing you a ticket if they don't know the new law themselves?
no front plate and allowing underbody lighting like every other state should be next to be changed imo
Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that would be awesome. I just finished ripping off my front tints, I have 5% in back and 35% on the fronts so even if this law does happen I'd still be illegal. I might have 50% thrown on the fronts in the spring.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

------If this does become law what is to stop a cop from writing you a ticket if they don't know the new law themselves-------like the saying- ignorance for the law is no reason to break the law, then i would say, ignorance for the law is no reason to be writting me a ticket. as soon as this gets signed im printing out that its passed, and all the history of the bill and im probly going to the tinley park police department to make sure they understand and are knowledgable of the bill, so in the case i do get pulled over for this i will ask officer johnny blue ***** to get on the radio to dispatch and figure this ish out.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i talked to a cop tonight about the change and he's talked to a 'very good source' that says its pretty much a done deal. .....5 more days!!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by cavalierkid888
print out a copy of the bill and keep it in your glovebox, along with the receipt from the tint shop stating what % tint they installed.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
^ Well, Sean, the idea is that if a reasonable level of tinting is allowed, it would theoretically prevent people from getting their windows super dark. This way, everyone gets the benefit. We can tint and police won't have to worry about people with 5% as much.

I know the IL State Police were huge supporters of this bill.
yes but then that sparks the debate over whats 5% and whats not and whats 20% etc. My dad got a $250 tint ticket because the front windshield is "tinted" you know how stock gm vehicles come with a tinted strip on the top of the windshield. My neighbors are all police offers, the cop was such a dick he didn't want to take the ticket back after i found info on the gm website listing, "tinted strip on the top of the windshield" as standard equipment and after the other police officers argued with him lol. We had to go to court with the ticket to get it dropped.

I wish light tint was legal, btw I have never been pulled over for my ozinium underbody, i usually roll with green though.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Well, the tint will be legalized. It should be happening any day now. IL also allows a 6" sunstrip on the front window, there is no darkness restriction for the sunstrip.

As far as getting a ticket with legal tints? As was stated, keep the legislation in your glovebox along with a receipt with the tint percentage. You should be fine. Most LEOs won't know about the law until it's a done deal, so yea, you absolutely can still be ticketed for it until it's signed. Once the law officially changes, most LEOs will be notified about the change.

Quick Reply: window tint update?