Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX
View Poll Results: Should take my job offer in New Mexico to become a Project Engineer??? (Im only 21 and that is a gre
YES PLEASE F****N GO ALREADY
33.33%
No0o0o0o0o AMY PLEASE DONT GO WE LOVE YOU So0o0o0o0o MUCH!!! AND WE WILL MISS YOU So0o0o0o0o!
66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

AMY AKA LILO IS MOVING TO NEW MEXICO

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

You know i'll miss you if you leave, we all will!

But I agree with basicly everyone. You only have limited chances to make big strides in your career. I wanted to be an artist, but I learned that unless your hella gifted its a tough living. I went to school to be a Laser Technician, graduated and wound up working in the indstury I love soooo much , custom cars...

If your asking my opinon, make the money and GET THAT DEGREE. Having that piece of paper is worth more than you know, if you go to PIXAR with a Engineering degree they would consider you before sombody more talented without a degree because it shows that you have the intelgence and drive to acomplish long term goals.
I'll get off my soap box now...

Your an awesome person Amy, and it wouldn't be the same without you, but you have to do what the very best for you.

Good luck with your decison!
-TR
Old 12-11-2005, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks you guys! I see why it was so hard for Ned to leave when he thought he was going to... everyone in the scion community has shown and given me nothing but love and friendship! You all have shown me what it is like to have true friends that care and for that I am so thankful! I really do appreciate everyone telling me such nice things! It will definately make my decsion more difficult for one thing, however... I will be making my decision here pretty quick and I guarantee that you will all be the SECOND to know (sorry but sometimes there is someone special that you need to let know first whether it be family or just someone that you love!!!) Until then the anticipation will be killing me but stay tunned! I will not forget about any of you!
Old 12-11-2005, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TYA!!!!ILL COME STAY!!! New Mexico is the shiznit, as Chappelle would say as black tiger woods "Fo Shizzle" Plus bein away from family and friends really lets u find out who you really are, I think it would be an awsome expereince for ya, do whut u gotta do kiddo u know im here for ya! But u cant leave until we do our thing!!
Old 12-11-2005, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I agree with LavabB. That paper means everything. Experience and training does not replace a degree. (at least in the technical field)

If you place a job. And you and some other guy are up for a promotion. And that other person has a degree but u don't .... 'nuff said.

Trust me. I have a bachelors, and I work w/ fellow software engineers who have masters. It's not about promotions. It's not about placement. It's not about money. It's an integrity thing.

...... but i don't even know u so make your own sound decision .... my .02
Old 12-11-2005, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by JBIBxB
TYA!!!!ILL COME STAY!!! New Mexico is the shiznit, as Chappelle would say as black tiger woods "Fo Shizzle" Plus bein away from family and friends really lets u find out who you really are, I think it would be an awsome expereince for ya, do whut u gotta do kiddo u know im here for ya! But u cant leave until we do our thing!!
Please tell me you are talking about our Ace of Base Music video...
Old 12-12-2005, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HotLavaxB
Thanks you guys! I see why it was so hard for Ned to leave when he thought he was going to... everyone in the scion community has shown and given me nothing but love and friendship! You all have shown me what it is like to have true friends that care and for that I am so thankful! I really do appreciate everyone telling me such nice things! It will definately make my decsion more difficult for one thing, however... I will be making my decision here pretty quick and I guarantee that you will all be the SECOND to know (sorry but sometimes there is someone special that you need to let know first whether it be family or just someone that you love!!!) Until then the anticipation will be killing me but stay tunned! I will not forget about any of you!
Aw thats okay, you dont have to tell me first.

must know more about this ace of base music video!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill just say, It was "I that saw the sign" HAHAHAHA we decided our scion family will never let us live it down if we posted it, u'll have to check out myspace for updates!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/gesino
Old 12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

oh! you just told the wrong person for not wanting things posted here on SL
Old 12-12-2005, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by JBIBxB
Ill just say, It was "I that saw the sign" HAHAHAHA we decided our scion family will never let us live it down if we posted it, u'll have to check out myspace for updates!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/gesino
Kevin... what the hell are you talking about?!?!? I am confused!?!?!? AND I DONT SEE ANYTHING ON MYSPACE... so what the heck was that all about?
Old 12-14-2005, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

havent posted yet but im tryin i just get way to off tasks when im on this damn laptop what can i say im layin in bed playin on the net and wit my self.....ooooooopppps spilled the beans
Old 12-14-2005, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

..........................riiiiight......
Old 12-14-2005, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

OK you guys! Its Official... Im going... I was told yesterday... it wasnt like I had much of a choice... they kinda just told me that it was a done deal and that I was already included in their organizational chart over in New Mexico. I will be leaving soon to go check out apartments... I will see if they let me come back on the weekends... if not,.. looks like I will be looking for another job... JEEZE! Are they blackmailing me by saying if I dont go then I wont have a job here?? DONT GET ME WRONG THEY DIDNT SAY THAT... but that is what it seems like they are implying... so... HERE I GO! I guess...
Old 12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

wow............... ............................ .....<--says it all
Old 12-14-2005, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

best wishes even though I briefly met you I have to say you are a really awesome person and if you are moving to NM then we know the great state of NM is cooler with someone like you there (too bad they couldn't offer you the same job here, bastards ). I'm sure most of the DFW crew is gonna miss ya I already am. Def. give the DFdub peeps a real good reason to go to NM. :D
Old 12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo j/k

well all i can say is good luck and have a great time out there amy. it's still a great opportunity for you so enjoy. :D
Old 12-14-2005, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

that says it all lupe. : )
Old 12-14-2005, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Amy, look at it this way, you can always start up a Scion car club in New Mexico.
I think it's cool you getting offered a possition that could earn you big bucks.
Good luck in whatever YOU finally decide, it's you that has the final say so, and it's you who knows what you really want. TO AMY
Old 12-15-2005, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

Thank you all! I will see what I can do about starting a scion club out there! I guess I am fixin to become a New Mexican huh! Lol!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

have fun over there. dont come back to soon.......

Quick Reply: AMY AKA LILO IS MOVING TO NEW MEXICO